Honored Contributor

I could have gone down a size on these and they would have worked just as well.  In fact, I'm going to have to send my black one back I think because it's noticeably larger than the others I received.  I don't know if they're all like that or I just got an odd black cardi.

A note to those that are interested in the loden: don't expect green.  I took the loden into every light possible, including outside, and don't see a hint of any shade of green.  It's gray.  A darker charcoal gray heathered with a light gray.

Also, anyone that has any Lug bag in the heathered walnut color, the cocoa/sand combo coordinates perfectly--like they were made to go together.

All in all, another winner from Barefoot Dreams, in my opinion.

Regular Contributor

ok, now after looking at the model they call Rachel in an XS and she's apparently 5'8", I'm concerned about the length being too long on me.  It hits her mid- thigh which is nice.  I'm barely 5'4" so I'm thinking this would come to my knees!  That would look more like I was wearing a robe or a sweater that doesn't fit.  I really want this but I wish it came in XXS.  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I had to come back to add to my first post...AFTER washing them, the sleeves were a little tight. That being said, I accidently forgot about them and left them in the dryer, ugh.   I never dry stuff like this all the way and surely didn't want to with these.  So I can't say if it was from being dried too long or if the sleeves are just smaller after washing(the rest didn't shrink at all).  But maybe sizing up in some cases wouldn't hurt.

Secondonly, about the color of the "maroon"....those that don't do well with maroon I'm pretty sure could wear this one as the 2nd color does make it have a berry look to it.  Especially from a distance. The maroon is maroon, but the 2nd color of the heathering really lightens it up imo.

My dil even asked me what color it was when she first saw it...lighting wasn't great, but she said it didn't scream "maroon" to her.

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy wrote:

I had to come back to add to my first post...AFTER washing them, the sleeves were a little tight. That being said, I accidently forgot about them and left them in the dryer, ugh.   I never dry stuff like this all the way and surely didn't want to with these.  So I can't say if it was from being dried too long or if the sleeves are just smaller after washing(the rest didn't shrink at all).  But maybe sizing up in some cases wouldn't hurt.

Secondonly, about the color of the "maroon"....those that don't do well with maroon I'm pretty sure could wear this one as the 2nd color does make it have a berry look to it.  Especially from a distance. The maroon is maroon, but the 2nd color of the heathering really lightens it up imo.

My dil even asked me what color it was when she first saw it...lighting wasn't great, but she said it didn't scream "maroon" to her.

Thanks!  I may give it a shot.  I appreciate you responding to some of our questions about the maroon/berry color.  Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Think I'll give the burgundy a try.....I think it's a new color for be (at least I've never seen it before). I'm also tempted by the linden after reading color description but don't need more gray!

Respected Contributor

@equss wrote:

@tsavorite  I don't recall which it was but do remember it was offered in xxs (don't think qvc typically offers an xxs and noticed the upcoming tsv doesn't come in that size).   My button cardi's , lounge pants, hoodies I need to buy my true dept store size, but the open front cardis with extra fabric tend to be more relaxed and I do size down.(I size down if its bridge sizing too i.e. Sm/med or lg/xl). My true size is a 4 or small in the real world, but I get xs in logo, Isaac etc. 

@equss thank you for answering....I went ahead and ordered mine the other day...decided on the indigo/blue one...I sure hope it fits...I ordered the XS based on the models picture being in XS...and I too wear XS in Isaac tops/sweaters.  I am short though at 5'4" hope it isn't too long the model for Q in that photo is 5'8"!  I wish I were taller but well got work with what GOD gave LOL!

I am really looking forward to feeling this one and seeing it...Mine hopefully will be delivered next week sometime...I'll post my review.

Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite  The hard copy Insider specifies non-qvc sizing so it will be barefoot dreams sizing.  It looks relaxed so I am torn between xs and sm. Hope you love it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot dreams TSV

[ Edited ]

@equss ok mine arrived today....got the blue one but it's really hard to tell it's a dark blue...thought it looks more black/gray but outside it has a dark blue that is seen better.  As for fit thank goodness I didn't order small....I ordered XS and honestly would prefer XXS in this one.  The fabric/material is super soft and comfy...no issues om that at all.  Seems different then that calyspo style TSV one from what I remember.  It is too long in my opinion on me...comes to mid to lower thigh....and it is longer in front on my right side.  Also the arm hole on the right is bigger then the left....so shorter on left and smaller arm hole.  I still have plenty of room...not tight arms at all.  Sleeves are to long by 3inches...cuffed them back.  The body part that goes around you could fit a bigger person...it sorta more like a over sized boyfriend sweater look to me.

I am not over the moon with it....also I am wondering during winter months...how would I get my arms in this if I choose to wear a long sleeved thinner sweater?  I couldn't do that...fighting to hold it down so it doesn't bunch up.  I think only long sleeved tee's or tank shirts would work with it.

I am disappointed it is uneven for sure but the color is really flat...drab to my eye.  I love the feel of the fabric...that is the best part.  The style open front is fine IF it were smaller but no XXS are available.

Think it's a no go for me at this price....

EDIT: ok I pulled on the left side some...and it looks even now...also did that with the arm pit...looks much better!  

I am confused...been wearing it for abit and it feels so good on!  Think the color perhaps isn't doing it for me...this fabric is winning me over....now I am thinking maybe do exchange for different color?  I am confused LOL!!  But I don't want to take it off now LOL...

Regular Contributor

this is my fear that I would need XXS too and it's not available.   May I ask how tall you are and what is your weight or body-type for referance?  That would really help me decide whether or not to order this (I wanted the indigo color too).  I'm thinking I may have to pass (with regrets).  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot dreams TSV

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite Thank you for the thorough review!  So disappointed to hear you received one that's uneven!   I worry about the quality of tsv's because quality often suffers in such mass  quantity.  I am just about a half inch shorter than you are and would be unhappy if it hit me low thigh.  Maybe I should pass on this one or at least wait for the presentation.  If you like the fabric keep checking the bd website ( check out final sale items) and Nordstromor rack.  I bought one of the hoodies ( which I love) for half price.   Sorry you have to deal with a return but being uneven is unacceptable. 

Edit:  I agree it is all about the fabric!  Glad u were able to even it up a bit. I don't own any of their heathered items- all mine are solid or ombré in black, gray or blue.  I should add they launder nicely and fabric stays just as yummy!