Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

That is why it is great to have options.

I LOVE this line!  Love the colors, the style....everything.  It sure attracted a lot of people!  This line of clothes is a huge draw.

@songbird   I get the idea of a piece or two for colder climates, but no BD fabrics are cool enough for a hot, humid NC summer. Even the evenings, when they say something needed for "over the shoulders", etc. over night here can still be 70 degrees.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

That is why it is great to have options.

I LOVE this line!  Love the colors, the style....everything.  It sure attracted a lot of people!  This line of clothes is a huge draw.

@songbird   I get the idea of a piece or two for colder climates, but no BD fabrics are cool enough for a hot, humid NC summer. Even the evenings, when they say something needed for "over the shoulders", etc. over night here can still be 70 degrees.

I haven't really purchased their sweaters.  Mostly the tops.  For the summer.  I have one pullover and a sweatshirt.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I'm a Barefoot Dreams convert.  For those that are wondeirng, Barefoot Dreams is sold at Amazon.  I came across it by accident.  I have one top I purchased form Amazon that is not in the QVC line.

@songbird   I purchased a shorter cardigan at Nordstrom Rack....half the price of other sites.

Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams

[ Edited ]

@Justshop ....paying for the name ....

Super Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I've never bought Barefoot Dreams because the line doesn't interest me, but my late mom loved their stuff. She had a blanket from them that was so soft and cozy so I could see spending money on an item like that especially if it's going to be used frequently. 

I'm sorry you lost your mom.

I agree that the blankets are wonderful and worth the money. My DS has one that was given to him as a gift when he was a baby, and he still loves it even though he's a "big boy" now. It's incredibly soft! 

Respected Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I've never bought Barefoot Dreams because the line doesn't interest me, but my late mom loved their stuff. She had a blanket from them that was so soft and cozy so I could see spending money on an item like that especially if it's going to be used frequently. 

I'm sorry you lost your mom.

I agree that the blankets are wonderful and worth the money. My DS has one that was given to him as a gift when he was a baby, and he still loves it even though he's a "big boy" now. It's incredibly soft! 

@PreKteacher Thank you. She passed peacefully after a long battle with stage 4 breast cancer. I do have a Dennis Basso blanket my mom got for me, and I also have a Berkshire throw my aunt got me for Christmas. I use the Berkshire blanket just about every day, it is the softest, coziest blanket I've ever had. The Dennis one is nice too but heavy so I use that for colder weather. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

The profit margin on that line must be pretty great. Can't imagine what fabric makes it worth the prices.

What kind of fabric would qualify?  Cashmere? wool? leather?  

I can't wear most natural fibers like wool/cashmere....but I can wear these super soft synthetic blends.  Of course it needs to be a great style...fit me correctly...and love the color too!  

I have tried many times to buy a leather jacket and I just look terrible in them all.  I am sure it is due to my overall style (hair do) that just doesn't make it work.  But I found it also heavy and so uncomfortable.  

I did purchase 2 of the TSV's....in blue and one in turquoise...I sure hope they fit correctly and colors are as presented on air.  Then IMO they are worth the price otherwise back they will go.

Super Contributor

When I find a style I like and a price in the $60-$80 range, I will buy BD. I live in Wisconsin near Lake Michigan and the lake breezes are cool in the summer evenings and these sweaters are nice to snuggle in.  I like the cuddly fabric and they are my everyday "go to" sweater year round.    Admittedly, there are a few over the head tunics that I have purchased that have shed terribly but most wash and dry well without a problem.   I have summer and winter weight sweaters and enjoy them all.  

Honored Contributor

My Barefoot Dreams Malibu Shoreline Pullover arrived!  Oh it's gorgeous!!  I sized up because the XS chest measurement was 35".  The Small chest measurement was 37".  So I got the small and glad I did.  I like my pullovers loose.  Super soft!  And beautiful color.  I got Sea Cliff.  I feel like going back and getting another color!  So happy with it.  Very light in weight.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad I changed the size I ordered for a black & warm taupe from a large to a medium...and I listened to Marybeth. She said she is wearing her size medium even though she usually orders a size large. I'm a size 10 and she is a 10/12...

I just read a new review saying the cardi was too big!

Whew! I'm relieved...especially since they are almost all sold out or on waitlist. It will be difficult for anyone to get an exchange now...or for a long time.