Honored Contributor

How do they justify their prices?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie, I'm wondering the same thing. I love the Ribbed Kimono Cardi being shown now, but I can’t afford it at this price. Not sure I'd pay $100 for it, if I could easily afford it. 

Super Contributor

$118 for jogger pants.  Too much for my budget.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

How do they justify their prices?

I agree.............i know many customers like their line...and this isn't a criticism of them......but i don't see the great difference in the other loungewear the Q has been offering...........watching the fall preview today seems it is the same stuff they kept pushing last year except higher prices...long cardis, loungewear continuously, large prints, asymetrical .....thinking today it was only a few months back hearing complaints of prices going up from $50-60 average price for a top and by the time you add shipping and handling it is around $65-70.......the prices are rising even higher these past few months....even on items that have been in stock.......the other day they presented at denim shirt for over $100...!......not sure what target audience QVC is hoping for...but i am sure they will lose alot of sales/customers with the new prices and same old, same old same old....

Honored Contributor

Who is QVC's target audience?  If I could afford a $120 bathrobe I don't think I'd be shopping here.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams

[ Edited ]

I ordered the Baby Socks for a special baby due in November.  They do not even have the name Barefoot Dreams on the package, just a clear plastic bag.  She won't even know they are 'special' when she gets them!  All that money and no recognition!

Honored Contributor

Oh, please.  They aren't all THAT expensive.  More than I want to pay for things like that but  definitely not over the top.  Like it or not people have money, people have credit cards and they spend their money.  QVC doesn't have to justify their prices, they have sell items and make a profit.  If Barefoot Dreams wasn't selling, it wouldn't be here.  

Trusted Contributor

I love Barefoot Dreams. It is absolutely not like any of the other lines that QVC carries. The fabric is luxurious. I realize it’s pricy, but if you get a lot of use out it like I do, it’s worth it. This line is something you reach for again and again. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

People like what they like but nylon, viscose, rayon......not exactly luxury fabrics by any stretch.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was skeptical.  Then I tried the line.  It is a cut above.  My experience is with the original Cozychic.  The fabric is, as @Lucylu12 said, luxurious.  The cut and drape and seaming of what I own is really nice.  No need for hyperbole - it just is, really nice.

Cogito ergo sum