Contributor

Just need input to those of you who have purchased any Barefoot Dreams.  Curious about the $210.00 Barefoot Dreams Fringe Cascading Vest and how or why this would be so pricey?  Can't imagine paying these prices for one vest, but maybe I'm missing something?  

Esteemed Contributor

I saw that also - not something I would want = at any price.

It will appear again (perhaps) at half price.

Honored Contributor

Dislike when people say "what am I missing" when it's a high-priced item.  It has nothing to do with what you're missing.  It's excellent quality and if your purse allows it, try it.  It's the only way you'll know what your decision will be.  I have dozens of BF dreams but I would not pay that price at this moment in time.  

Respected Contributor

I have two BD cardis...all under $70 as TSV's....the cozy chic lite and ultra lite material.  For me, I cannot have the material touch my bare skin as I am sensitive to synthetic fibers.  The brand rep states that their material is exclusive therefore making it much sought after. 

The new fringed vest and the new poncho appear to be extra heavy and cumbersome.  No BFD poncho/cardi/wrap should be over $150, but everyone wants the "Malibu experience" that this brand claims to offer.

Trusted Contributor

I have been on the fence about this... I like it and I think it could be a cute little extra over my lounge wear... but like you, I am not sure I want to pay for it.  LOL. 

Here I am working from home in my Sam's Club or Costco brand leggings and long sleeve tee shirts... total for both most likely under 40 bucks with my $200 vest.   

Wait... I think I just found my justification!  total outfit cost is not that bad!!

Respected Contributor

Barefoot dreams is a luxury fabric. I have cardigans that I purchased several,years ago and they look like new.  It is not for everyone, but the pieces I have, I love.

Honored Contributor

I love BF a LOT, have many, but did not pay near that amount.

I don't care for vests, but even if I did...I would not pay that price.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams $$$$

[ Edited ]

I didn't notice the price.  I wasn't interested in the items I guess you are referring to and didn't look at the price.  I am guessing it is one of the 2 below.  Not sure they are attractive to wear.  I liked the colors.

But if one likes them, the price would be reasonable because of the manufacturing involved and being a premium brand.

The people who like these items don't owe the op an explanation.  This type of post "please explain to me" are just not conducive to healthy discussion!

A456895

A456868

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Dislike when people say "what am I missing" when it's a high-priced item.  It has nothing to do with what you're missing.  It's excellent quality and if your purse allows it, try it.  It's the only way you'll know what your decision will be.  I have dozens of BF dreams but I would not pay that price at this moment in time.  

@rms1954 I so agree with you.  I am not a fan of these type posts. For"those of us" that like this brand why do we have to justify purchasing it?  If I like it and can afford it I will purchase it and not feel like I have to explain why.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy wearing my BD pieces and I have at least 1 piece in each weight.  For Winter I like the pullover style (think crew neck sweater type) or poncho styles rather than my cardis that don't have closures.  I have a cardi on right now because its a bit chilly.   I am not a vest person and don't need another piece so I will pass but I'm all set for the cool/cold weather.