Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,879
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan

@LisaB

 

Thank you so much for the review.  It was really helpful to hear from someone who has both.  I decided to pick up the white/gray.  I agree with @Chi-town girl and would like to have a solid color.  But I'll try it in this subtle version of the ombré. Thanks again!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,798
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan


@islandgrrl wrote:

@LisaB

 

Thank you so much for the review.  It was really helpful to hear from someone who has both.  I decided to pick up the white/gray.  I agree with @Chi-town girl and would like to have a solid color.  But I'll try it in this subtle version of the ombré. Thanks again!


So glad to help.  Let me know how you  like it after you get it! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,879
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan

@LisaB

 

My white/gray ombre is supposed to arrive on Thursday.  Fingers crossed!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,879
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan

@LisaB

 

I got my Colleen Lopez cardi today (thanks to your recommendation) and it is amazing.  Someone described it as a soft cashmere experience.  I think it feels waaaay softer. It will be my new companion on airplanes.  Thanks again for your suggestion.  I hope Collen does this again in solid colors.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,301
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan

@Karnerblue @LisaB @islandgrrl - a reorder of this cardi is available/just posted online. Scheduled for shows later today. I need a new black cardi & will get one of the ombré.

 

There is also a new cape & cold shoulder top!!!


The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 479
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan

I am really liking the cold shoulder one now that I am looking at it.  I wonder if Colleen is a medium in that one as well (just trying to gauge size-wise)?? I want to see the presentation of this one too and hope it is presented... I really like that oatmeal/raisin one...

 

I recently purchased the BD circle cardigan and love it. That's why I wanted to try this one for a little less $$.  As another person said though, it sheds... Mine shed like crazy up at the top of my shoulder where my purse straps would sit. Plus I noticed my dark jeggings would get full of it too... but it is such a cozy fabric that I love it.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,165
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan

[ Edited ]

How is the sizing? Is it similar to Barefoot Dreams? @kelluvspippi26 @islandgrrl

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 479
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan


@Skyblue wrote:

How is the sizing? Is it similar to Barefoot Dreams? @kelluvspippi26 @islandgrrl


@Skyblue I don't have colleen lopez one so I can't compare the two. I just ordered the cold shoulder one tonight based on what they were saying the models were wearing and tried to go according to their size... Colleen just said they have a bit of stretch in them so I like that.

 

I do know that with m BD one, it substantially shrunk in my dryer and it even said tumble dry low on it!! thank goodness it did stretch back out and is perfect again - i was scared when I took it out of the dryer and could tell it shrunk quite a bit! I believe this CL one says to lay flat which is what i will be doing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,967
Registered: ‎11-01-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan


@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Chi-town girl did you see HSN's version of Barefoot Dreams Ombre Cardi?  $50 vs $92 and looks exactly the same.


@Karnerblue - thx for posting. I don't think I've seen Colleen's wrap presented. It does look nice. And excellent price point. I like these 3 color options

 

Did you buy one? Can anyone post a review? 

 

 

Colleen Lopez Ombré "Keeping it Cozy" Cardigan

428-125
 
 

 


 

I really like this & I need something because I'm freezing at work half the time. I do not want to spend that much though. 

 

I like the solid black, the pewter/black (sold out), and the purple one.  Actually, I think I might like all of them...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,165
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams vs Colleen Lopez Keeping it Cozy Cardigan


@kelluvspippi26 wrote:

@Skyblue wrote:

How is the sizing? Is it similar to Barefoot Dreams? @kelluvspippi26 @islandgrrl


@Skyblue I don't have colleen lopez one so I can't compare the two. I just ordered the cold shoulder one tonight based on what they were saying the models were wearing and tried to go according to their size... Colleen just said they have a bit of stretch in them so I like that.

 

I do know that with m BD one, it substantially shrunk in my dryer and it even said tumble dry low on it!! thank goodness it did stretch back out and is perfect again - i was scared when I took it out of the dryer and could tell it shrunk quite a bit! I believe this CL one says to lay flat which is what i will be doing.


Thank you for the info! @kelluvspippi26