Occasional Contributor

I have acquired a tonnage of Barefoot Dreams in the past couple years with more on the way after this week (LOL) I have them folded up on storage racks, not hanging, but everytime I want to wear something I have to steam the wrinkles out of them no matter how neat I fold them up. How does everyone store their Barefoot Dreams other than rolling them, which I don't have the room to roll every piece I have. I keep my hand steamer close by, but wish they wouldn't wrinkle up so bad. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams storage????

I fold all of mine also and put them on my closet shelves.  When I pull one to wear, I drop it in the dryer for just a couple of minutes, it  works out any wrinkles Smiley Happy

Deb

Honored Contributor

I fold mine.  Any wrinkles just seem to fall out when I wear it.  

Putting it in the dryer is a good idea.

Honored Contributor

I tried folding them at first, but didn't like the fold marks, no matter how careful I was in folding them.

I now hang all of my BD items. I have over 40, so folding them and putting them in drawers or purchasing storage boxes takes more room than just hanging them.

I use 17" padded hangars and the clothes always look nice. Mine have not stretched out by being hung. If I can wear them (hang them on my body) and they don't stretch out, then I can use them on hangars, right? Heart

Respected Contributor

I fold all mine. I pull out which I’m planning to wear and lay it out flat (sometimes spraying a little wrinkle release if real bad) while I’m getting ready. Throw it on an and find just wearing it pulls any wrinkles out quick. Not really an issue for me I guess. 

Respected Contributor

@jackpotwinner   I fold them and then hang them on one of the thin velvet hangers like I would a pair of slacks.  Just make sure they are folded cleanly and you won't get any wrinkles. 

I don't have a ton of BFD, but I have way more then I need or deserve.  I love them and have the caftans too - they are so soft and just perfect for lounging at night.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Here's how to hang a sweater, although it might be awkward with the very long ones.  No stretching.  I use it for all of mine.

https://youtu.be/-IfLiZEJrT4

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I fold mine also, and have rolled them in the past and put on a shelf, but still saw wrinkles.  I try to plan ahead, and will grab the piece I want to wear and lay it flat and smooth out the wrinkles with my hand or put it on.  It seems body heat and gravity pulls the wrinkles out. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Here's how to hang a sweater, although it might be awkward with the very long ones.  No stretching.  I use it for all of mine.

https://youtu.be/-IfLiZEJrT4

thanks!  i am going to try this way of hanging.  I have way more than I need and hang them currently.