Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams - quality issues?

Pink brownie or bulldog mom - did either of you get the last TSV hoodie? It was just cozychic lite (not ultra). I thought it would be fine since It is not the “ultra” and also has a ribbed texture but wow, my seatbelt and black jeans were covered in fuzz yesterday after wearing it out of the house for the first time. Really hoped the issue was limited to the Ultra but not wondering if it’s the “limited to Q” too. If you did get the hoodie without any problem, could you tell me the color? Because I actually loved the sweater and would exchange it for a different color it the issue is only in Sage maybe (fingers crossed but not getting hopes up!)
Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022 So far I have worn it in berry and blue with no shedding issues. 

Trusted Contributor

I own a lot of BFD and have not experienced any shedding until purchasing the Ultra Lite TSV that had the drawstring in the back. Now that shed, it was on the seatbelt and also on my handbag where the material is at the zipper area. It was leather but did get fuz balls where ever there was a zipper. I was shocked. Really I have over 20 pieces and never ever had a problem until that one and it is the only Ultra Lite I have. So maybe it is just the Ultra Lite. It won't stop me from buying and I have purchased pieces since then but none were ultra lite. Oh, forgot. The funny thing is the Laggon Blue shed in the precious TSV like I stated however the black one did not. Very odd.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every item I bought shed except a couple and they did not hold up well at all.  I have items similar to BD from other manufacturers that are the same, but do shed for a shorter period of time.  I will not waste my money on this ultra-expensive priced, ultra-cheap fabric ever again.

I threw mine out when I tired of putting them in the freezer after washing them and then laying them out to dry. Of course, they grow when you wear them.  What a mess!

Respected Contributor

The first one I had shed horribly until I washed it a few times. I own a handful and all of them are matted down and not soft and fluffy anymore after washing, so I stopped buying them.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

I have ultra cozy lite cardigan with the drawstring that was a TSV last spring in 2 colors. The pink, which is a gorgeous blush color, sheds terribly. I have it in black. It shed until it was washed a few times. Now it’s fine.
Esteemed Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

The first one I had shed horribly until I washed it a few times. I own a handful and all of them are matted down and not soft and fluffy anymore after washing, so I stopped buying them.

@JJsMom and everybody else...

Toss a couple tennis balls in the dryer. They'll fluff up the garment, towels, pillows etc and will shorten the drying time too. I've used these for no fabric softener items for years. Google tennis balls in dryer and see the many, many sites sharing this great laundry tip. 

Honored Contributor

When BD first came to QVC, I ordered the sweat pants (now on clearance if there are nay left). Love them. Wore them (like cashmere!!!!) never had shedding EVER and they are in black. When I saw them on clearance a few months ago, I purchased 5 more pairs in black. Opened up one when it arrived and wore it. My legs, crotch area, abs and wherever I sat were covered in black fuzzy/shedding. It was disgusting being in the shower and having to carefully wash to get it off my body. Placed it in the dryer on air with 4 lamb balls.....what a MESS!!! The entire inside of the dryer was covered in that stuff, the lamb balls were thickly covered in the stuff and my lint catcher was thick with it. I don't know WHAT happened but something changed.

It took awhile but using the dryer eventually enough of that stuff was sucked off to stop it from shedding but geez!!!!

Respected Contributor

• Drawstring Cardi UltraLite TSV Beach Rock = Shed before & after delicate Woolite washings (Returned).
  • Hooded Cardi UltraLite TSV from summer Carbon = Perfect!
  • Catalina CozyLite TSV Black = A few black fuzzies (kept).

I emailed BD directly and their recommendation was to wash a few times minus fab softener--that's all of the helpful info I rec'd. from them.  But from reading reviews on last 3 TSV's, there is a MAJOR problem.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

@JJsMom and everybody else...

Toss a couple tennis balls in the dryer. They'll fluff up the garment, towels, pillows etc and will shorten the drying time too. I've used these for no fabric softener items for years. Google tennis balls in dryer and see the many, many sites sharing this great laundry tip. 

Thanks for the tip. It's worth a shot!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu