Trusted Contributor

Barefoot Dreams - quality issues?

I’ve purchased quite a few Barefpot Dreams items from both QVC and Nordstrom. The last year or so the quality seems to have deteriorated with items shedding like crazy on upholstery and my car seatbelt.

The older cozychic and cozychic lite items I bought were wearable straight from the start - now I need to wash and dry them many time and they still show lint on pants and upholstery. I’m curious if others have noticed a difference and (perhaps) is it only the items made exclusively for QVC with this problem? Maybe they are making them differently to meet the lower TSV pricing?

The hooded TSV was fine after washing initially, but shredded like crazy yesterday and the arms shrunk to be far too short after washing (XS) while length and width of body remained the same. The shedding is a dealbreaker as I will not bring a lint roller everywhere I go just to wear a sweater that is soft!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams - quality issues?

Honored Contributor

have not had any of these issues at all and i buy my BD items from multiple retailers.

i do NOT put them in the dryer though and i do NOT use fabric softener on them.

i purchased three of the last TSV with the hood......2 for me, 1 as a gift for my daughter. no pilling or shedding or shrinkage.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

My first BD from several years ago looks as good as it did when I first received it. Since then the one's I have ordered have not been the same quality. Will not purchase anymore.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will start off by saying that I have lots of BD and do love them. But, in saying that and being honest, yes, they definitely do have QC issues. I will no longer buy anything in the ULTRA cozychic lite fabric. Everything I have ordered, which has been a lot, has shed - no matter what color it was. I'm done with that.

The cozychic lite and cozychic I have not had any shedding issues. Where the QC issues come in with these fabrics is that I have gotten pieces where one arm is longer than the other (several times actually) or one side hangs longer than the other, etc. I do really like their pieces, as I obviously still purchase BD despite the issues mentioned, but must be honest that they do have more QC issues than any other brand I buy.

Honored Contributor

I got 2 of the cozy chic when they were the TSV last year or the year before.  No issues, although one I have not worn.  I don't want or need more and sure won't be buying after hearing about the issues 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Why don't you call Barefoot Dreams and see what they have to say?

Regular Contributor

I have to agree with @AmericanBulldogMom ...my experience is much the same.  I have many BFD items from various retailers (QVC, nordstrom, BFD, and small local boutiques).  The only ones I've had problems with are the ultra light fabric purchased from QVC.  While I like the weight and the feel of this fabric better than the others, I will not be purchasing it anymore due to shedding issues.  And I care for the items as recommended by BFD so it's not "user" issues.  

Respected Contributor

I posted this on another discussion.

My only Barefoot Dreams item is the wide leg pants.

They are comfy and soft but they transfer black shedding balls all over other clothing, furniture.

I washed them in cold water, no softener and air dried but this did not help. I call them nubbies but these pants leave black fuzz balls all over my house. 

Apparently this is not a problem for others. But I don't plan to buy any more.

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was the cozychic ultra lite that shed but I purchased the duster in that fabric from Nordstrom and it didn’t shed at all. I launder as per instructions and no issues. Then I purchased the hooded TSV in cozychic lite assuming it would be fine and my seatbelt is covered in sage fuzz. I suspect the QVC exclusive items might be made differently? There is no purpose in calling BD directly to ask whether they have QC issues at their largest online retailer, as they’d be fools to give me any answer other than “none that we are aware of!” so I’m not going to waste my time. Just wondered if others had the same experience as it may be that they’ve worsened over time or that the items they sell exclusively or “launched” at Q are the ones with the QC problems. It’s frustrating because 5 years ago I had confidently gifted this brand knowing it would never shed or pill, and this year I wouldn’t dream of it based on my recent experiences.