Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams...has QVC gone crazy?

That is their normal pricing.  I've only bought one piece from another site because I have 25% off.  I do love the wrap I have.  HOWEVER, when the vendor started selling on QVC she was a lot less aggressive and more pleasant to watch.  I thing she's gone over the deep end recently.  She's pushing way too hard the way she hugs the clothes and carries on.

Respected Contributor

The cardigan that was a TSV several weeks ago is $130. now at N's. So it was a buy at the TSV price.  Its now $130 here too

Trusted Contributor

I am willing to pay a fair price for quality items of any kind.  Very little is made to last anymore.  That means clothes, appliances, cars, etc.   Back to clothes, if I pay more and get a beautiful well made item of excellent fabric I would be very happy and appreciative.  I would rather have 1 item that will last and I feel beautiful in than 4 or 5 cheaper items that I make work.  I am now retired so my style is more casual.   I recent!y received the fall/winter fashion magazines.   It looks like first I should shop from my closet and then buy 1 or 2 special new items that will work in.  I am looking on line and in the new catalogs to decide what and where I would enjoy shopping to get quality.  It will soon be time to seriously shop for the holidays.  I have requested everyone's wish list.  Six birthdays and then Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the 1am show and thought vendor was rude and pushy...

Respected Contributor

As some have already pointed out, there are fashions to be found on QVC (or anywhere) at varying price points and I, like others, will pay a fair (not inflated) price for a specific item that is made well, with quality materials and which won't be out of style after one season. What gets me though is vendors who will try to capitalize on a given brand or designer name and price their merchandise higher than they're worth, just because they've got their name on it and it supposedly gives the item " prestige" even though it's not made any better than a similar item that lacks the name. As long as people are willing to part with their money to wear a certain name or brand, those items will continue to be priced higher than what the average American (especially those on a fixed income) is willing to pay.

Contributor

@Kachina624 I could not agree with you more on the lower quality. If you look at first quality Dooney bags as an example, they are not the same in a department or Dooney store as what you get on QVC.  They are far better quality.  Because of my experience here with DB bags I have inappropriately bad mouthed their quality because my only exposure to the product was from here.  I looked at product at an outlet store locally and there is a vast difference in quality and no comaprison.  The other issue I have is that you end up paying full price here plus shipping and tax for the convenience of easy pay on a lower quality item.  I have sent All but I believe three DB purchases from here back.  The exceptions were an extremely high end bag that was well made (you would find on DB.com or in high in department stores) and the Sophie that had the black bottom that was made of European leather for QVC.  I have two - one in the mushroom and one in the Marine - they both have a minor zipper stop placement issue but, arrived brand new and are unbelievable and workhorses.  I get many compliments on both and they serve me well, just as well as my 20+ yro Coach bags.  To be honest, I have purchaed pre-owned legacy coach bags for $20 - $40 that were in immaculate condition and are higher quality than the most expensive handbag avail here.  Sad to say.

Respected Contributor

The Barefoot Dreams long cardigan TSV price was $79.96. The price is now $130, the same as on the Nordstrom site.😳 I am glad I picked it up at the TSV price. It's a nice sweater, but I would never pay $130 for it!

Honored Contributor

@JumperRider  I know many posters have reported that high end consignment shops will not take QVC Dooneys because they are lesser quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I cannot be the only poster that was glad to see QVC carrying something other than their in-house brand clothing.  I've purchased Barefoot Dreams at Nordstrom so was pleased to see the TSV.  Their other items are in line with BD's prices elsewhere.

Cost is a subjective thing. I'm sure there are many different income levels in QVC viewing audience. Normal price does not always mean the lowest price.

Honored Contributor

My bff  bought me the robe years and years ago when it was an "O" favorite item. She paid over $100 back then.

It is still as beautiful, soft and cuddly almost 8 years later. This robe will last me a lifetime and is worth every single penny.

I have purchased 3 items from them now on Q and could not be more pleased.

I also feel a garment well made is a worthwhile purchase.

I don't like C Wonder or H by Halston as I feel the material and workmanship are poor quality.

Barefoot Dreams is a welcome new vendor to me.