Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams - TSV - February 11, 2019

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@World Traveler I FINALLY received my hoodie in sea glass today. I love it. It’s a very pretty muted green to my eyes. Very much what I was hoping for and perfect color for warmer temps. Great new color addition to my wardrobe too. Yay!!

@AmericanBulldogMom  Oh, I am so glad you like the Sea Glass. It is quite different, and I love it too. That color and the rose are really great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Finally received the Faded Rose and the Sea Salt and they are both lovely colors and fit fine, my problem is I am not quite sure if they look good on Me. Darn it, I love the style and everything about it. I am just not sure it flatters my body type. I will try them on tomorrow again with different things and see what I think. Sadly I think I will be returning them. Also do you think it is a design flaw at the neck line where the seam meets. One curves and is perfect while the other one goes over the colar fabric. It is like that on both of mine and people have posted photos of this in there reviews. Just curious as to what everyone thinks. Anyway I am happy for everyone that have received it and loves it and looks good on them.

@Lucylu12  Know what you mean. Smiley Sad   I felt the same way. Love the material, love the color, love the concept, but.........

Maybe have a friend give you advice. Heart

Honored Contributor

Getting ready to do some serious BD shopping on their website, but first will ensure that those items are not already here on QVC.

In the meantime, I had three packages I received and returned today. I'm getting really good at this re-packaging stuff!

The other two shrugs came today. Still such a lovely item and colors, but not the best look on me, so back they went, along with the one I got the other day in the Sea Salt.

What really surprised me was that today I also got the BD Malibu Collection Slub Jersey Dropped Shoulder shirt, and I don't know what I thought it would be, but it definitely wasn't this. It is A350628. I had never tried the Malibu Collection and quite frankly, I don't know what a "slub" is. Got the Jersey and the Dropped Shoulder part right. LOL!!!

Anyway, I tried it on, took it off, and put it right back into the bag, tapped it up and set it out for the post office. 

First of all, it is paper thin, which is probably great for Southern California or other locales that have intense heat. It is extremely lightweight. It did not appear to me to be of quality material. It reminds me of your favorite T-shirt that you have worn and washed one too many times over the years, that there is almost nothing there. 

I am really curious if any of you have tried something from the Malibu Collection and your review on it. I was just surprised because everything else I have gotten from BD has been great! 

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Finally received the Faded Rose and the Sea Salt and they are both lovely colors and fit fine, my problem is I am not quite sure if they look good on Me. Darn it, I love the style and everything about it. I am just not sure it flatters my body type. I will try them on tomorrow again with different things and see what I think. Sadly I think I will be returning them. Also do you think it is a design flaw at the neck line where the seam meets. One curves and is perfect while the other one goes over the colar fabric. It is like that on both of mine and people have posted photos of this in there reviews. Just curious as to what everyone thinks. Anyway I am happy for everyone that have received it and loves it and looks good on them.

@Lucylu12  Know what you mean. Smiley Sad   I felt the same way. Love the material, love the color, love the concept, but.........

Maybe have a friend give you advice. Heart

I will try it again tomorrow but usually my first instincts are right. I am disappointed however I know there is plenty of other BFD items that I have my eye on, on the Q and there website. I guess everything can’t look good on everyone and sadly that’s me this time.

Trusted Contributor

Ok, ordered two of the TSV's, first time newbie to BD. Purchased the Faded Rose and Pacific Blue in L/XL. Love ❤️ the colors. The Pacific Blue, omg I love this color so much and it fits great. Faded Rose felt 'roomier' than the Pacific Blue right off the bat ( hate inconsistency in sizing) and I chose to wear the FR all day for a test drive, (since about 12:00p.m. delivery time). At first they both appealed to me and looked ok, let them kind of slouch off to the side when trying on, and the side angle is cute when I look in the mirror. Here's the dilemma, I feel like the Faded Rose is 'growing' the more I wear it. Being new to the brand, is this normal for the thing to seem like it's stretching out so quickly? I like the concept, I think I may need to exchange for the S/M in the Faded Rose because it feels too roomy already. Plus, I can't imagine wearing this thick material in the summertime heat. I'm always warm so this is perfect for me in the winter and fall. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby  "...is this normal for the thing to seem like it's stretching out so quickly?"

I notice that on my BD jogger pants by the end of the day, because I have climbed stadium steps in them, sat down, got up and run, etc., and by the end of the day they are not quite as form fitting. But when I wash them, they are back to normal. I have the same thing happen with my Quacker Factory pants. After wearing them all day, they stretch out a little, but after they are washed....back to normal.

Also, if you hang any of these items instead of fold, they may stretch a bit. But since you just got them, that can't be the reason.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom  I think I may have passed you up in the number of BD items. Just got off their website after checking that QVC didn't have the items in the colors and/or size i wanted for the following (and purchased them!):

CozyChic Ultra Lite:

Pullover Hoodie - Blue Water

Lite Track Pant - Blue Water

Raglan Tee - Blue Water/Sea Salt combo

Boatneck Tee - Faded Rose

CozyChic Lite:

Raglan Crew - Heathered Meadow Green/Pearl combo

These are gifts from me to me for Valentine's Day, Birthday, and Christmas; and any other holidays I can think of that will justify me going bonkers with the purchases! Smiley LOL Too bad their website does not have 10% ebates today like the Q does. Smiley Sad

The CozyChic Ultra Lite Contrast Tipped Cardi in the Sea Salt/Fog Gray combo is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Must be UPS since it is a holiday Monday.

Respected Contributor

Boo hoo! I tried two items and neither one worked for me. I got the TSV in blue, and it seems so big (in the XXS/XS). I feel as though it's pulling down in the back (feels heavy) and it just isn't comfy. Yes, I would be futzing with it all day long. I also ordered the pullover hoodie in the beach rock(? -- too lazy to go make sure that's correct!). Anyway, again, it's very large on me, even in the XS. I am a tiny person (5'1" and 100 lbs), and it doesn't look oversized in a good way ... it just looks too big and hangs on me. The fabric is heavenly and so soft,  but I think that's part of the problem -- I need some structure, and there's no structure at all. (I do love that color, though.) I own the circle cardi (I think that's it) in carbon, and I think that looks huge and long on me, too, but I wear it around the house.

I have tried "stepping out of the box" with BD, but I think I've come to the conclusion that it just isn't for me. Smiley Sad I'm glad so many of you love the things you've ordered!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler 

Thank you so much for responding, this thread has been entertaining and informative that's why I came to this particular thread. Anyway, I'm for sure still wearing the FR but packing up for an exchange- I can't believe how much it has grown in 6 or so hours. I know what you mean about normal stretching with wear but I think this is going a little beyond that. I stretched my arms out and it's looking double wide since I put it on. Thank you again for taking the time to help me. 👍🏼🙂 wonder if anyone else is experiencing this. The colors all appeal very much to me but the coral. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@jonbon So sorry the brand doesn't work for you. I think the only thing that would is if Kari had something FITTED and you got the smallest size. On you, it might not be fitted because you are so small, but perhaps it would not be humongous on you. Smiley Indifferent

Have you tried Cuddl Duds? I have quite a few of theirs that I got prior to trying BD. They feel really soft and comfortable. Maybe the sizing would work better for you.