Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams - TSV - February 11, 2019

I don't understand all the hype about this brand and also their prices.  I don't care what the TSV as I won't be buying.  Just because Oprah endorses it doesn't mean it's gold!

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

World  Traveller, thank you for the detailed review of the hoodie.  Estimated  delivery on mine are 2/11 (size large) and 2/12 (XL).  Hopefully i will be very pleased with the fit of one of them.  On the 11th, I'm also scheduled to receive the ponchos.  I will add my review once they all arrive.  I am just so excited about this brand and I'm so excited to see the expansion of the lighter color items. .

Regular Contributor

I am 5'7' and a QVC size Large/xl.  I have several BD ponchos.  I've tried ponchos in both the regular and plus sizes.   Imostly stick with the regular size because there is a significant difference in length between the two (4 inches) and the Plus size seems too just swallow up most people.  In any case, I love love love this poncho.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl WOW! That is really beautiful! Good grief, all I need is ANOTHER line of clothes to be in love with! Heart

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom and @Love to Run Okay, here is my review......I LOVE IT!!!! DUH! Of course I love it. It's BD!

If you have the slouchy pullover or the boatneck tee, it feels like the same material. The one I tried on is the rose color in the large....I sized up for this one. The other one didn't come yet; it is my exact size, Medium. Will be here tomorrow. It is the Seaglass green. I only sized up when I read what everyone else was saying about it. Now I am glad I did. 

I not only like the feel of this one, but it fits exactly as I would want it to. I will be curious how the medium fits me. But this large is right. Sizing up was a good choice for this piece. I will exchange the medium, probably, unless the difference is not much.

The hem is different....rounded. It seems to have a very slight high-low, not pronounced like most high-lows are. Or maybe that's just how it fits on me. It is curved where the high-low part is, which makes it look high-end clothing. The kangaroo pockets are nice; not too deep, but I could easily fit something like Kleenix or my iPhone.

Nothing is protruding on this piece. It lays flat against my body. It does not add pounds to my frame.

I was surprised that the hem on the sleeves are not more/thicker/wider. It is more delicate and curves up a bit by the sleeve seem. Makes it more feminine looking to me.

I hope you all like yours as much as I like mine.

Thanks to all of you for letting me know about this. I didn't see the original presentation, so was glad when the heads-up was given. Heart

@World Traveler Awesome review!  I can't wait to get my seaglass one.  Mine is showing still processing so I guess it won' be for awhile.  

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler so glad you love your hoodie, makes me want one now Smiley LOL

Your detailed review is much appreciated. I'm going to wait and see the TSV and any other new goodies they may present that day.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Pecky Please be sure to report back.

My Seaglass is now showing that it has shipped, but I probably won't get it until Friday. Really strange, since I ordered it before the other one.

If I like that color as much as I think I will, then I will exchange it for the larger size.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I don't understand all the hype about this brand and also their prices.  I don't care what the TSV as I won't be buying.  Just because Oprah endorses it doesn't mean it's gold!

Then perhaps another thread about a line you’re interested in would work better for you.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Then perhaps another thread about a line you’re interested in would work better for you.

Not to mention let's give these women a little more credit than this.  I don't think anyone here is buying BFD because of Oprah. 

This line doesn't work for my lifestyle however, the feel of the material is superb as is the quality.  And it's nice to read a thread by women excited about their purchases. Why come and piddle all over it?      

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva Well stated. Heart

I don't purchase anything because of Oprah. Because I don't care what she likes/dislikes, I don't follow what she says about anything.