Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams...Seriously

Thanks to all posters who offered feedback...appreciate it!!  I ordered, but will probably cancel.  No pockets, so much fabric in front and some reviews stated tight arms...don't think this wrap is for me!

Occasional Contributor

Valued Contributor

don't shoot me, but while BD claims this material as their own, I had a sweater made out of exactly the same fibers many years ago (10+) that I picked up somewhere like Burlington Coat Factory for under $10. It was warm, soft, cozy and did not shrink or pill. I loved it. But they did not invent that fabric and they are charging a fortune because celebrities of course endorse it.

I have bamboo socks and bamboo sheets and they are extremely soft. But I bought them from an online retailer who sells eco clothing and homegoods. Not cheap but long lasting.  

Frequent Contributor

I have felt both and Culdd Duds (sp) has   them beat so much.   And certainly more affordable.  The Barefront Dreams clothes are huge.    I don't like them or the feel of the garment.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I would hope not too.

@sunshine45, if I remember correctly, the last TSV wasn't as big of a price difference was it?

Colleen Lopez said her "keeping it cozy" is exactly the same as well but people who have both are reporting problems with Colleen's that they don't have with Barefoot Dreams. 

These BFD for QVC could be made in a totally different factory, woven differently, etc. 

@Lipstickdiva

Which begs the question: Is BFD really a BFD?

Woman LOL

Image result for rolling on the floor laughing emoji

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

i own both BD in the chic lite and Colleen's. I don't experice any shedding from either and also don't notice a difference in the fabrication. Equally thrilled with both brands.

Thanks Sheil.  I only own Colleen's and I had very minimal shedding until I washed it. Then I've had none since.  I don't own any BD.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

the last TSV that they had was exactly the same as what is currently in nordstrom.

Yes the last TSV was the exact as offered by Nordstrom. Retail $130, TSV price I think was 70. This new TSV is also the same as offered by Nordstrom, retail $92. Good values for both TSVs! I hope we can get the lounge pants as a future TSV for a reduced rate. Thank you QVC!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I did order this in the light gray/pearl color....Sm/Med size....that was all they had left this morning.  I am concerned about sizing.  I am 5"4 127lbs.....that tiny model this morning looked like it was huge on her!  Yet the blonde lady who works for company or owns part of it....is very thin said she had it on sm/med size it looked fine.  BUT she was much taller and had high tall boots on too.  

Then the Q host who usually is on in the mornings can't think of her name....said she was wearing that size also and she is bigger then this thin blonde lady....I don't even know if I'd like such a thing.  Hate returns....am on the fence about cancelling it.

Awhile back I ordered the similair one from Colleen's line/HSN....had that cascade front....ombre looking color....I hated it LOL....sent it right back.  So this has me also concerned perhaps I am just not one to wear this type of thing.  

On the other hand I could let it come and see...decisions....just wish I knew I got the correct size for my height/weight....as far as the chest measurement on the screen today I did.

Frequent Contributor

Get a life! All this fuss over a sweater! Really!

Trusted Contributor

@corita I purchased the Cuddl Duds and their getting shipped back tomorrow. They shed and pilled terribly. At least mine did. The Barefoot Dreams are so comfortable and I own some of these pieces they are worth the money since they don't shed or pill. QVC prices are what you would pay for this Brand elsewear like Nordstrom. I bought this TSV without the Pockets.