Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams...Seriously

Rats! Again no petite size. I could wear the cardigan as a robe. Too long on petite model. Where was that nice post about looking for shorter tops? 🙃

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Cuddl Duds and I like it. It is warm and comfortable. The material is soft. The costs for this garment is reasonable. I bought 2 when it was a TSV and I like them. I have had one that I have worn for years. It is good for outside when it is warmer and I wear it in the house for warmth. I tried on the Barefoot Dreams and I thought the material was nice but it did nothing for me. I am short and it nearly hung to my knees. The Cuddl Duds hung above my knees and has pockets. It just depends on what you want to spend and where you are planning to wear it. When I tried the BD on, it was more like a nice bathrobe and I don't want to pay that price for a bathrobe. I, for one, would never wear it outside the house. It was not flattering. You just have to make a decision that is right for you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I tried it on at Nordstoms and I am 5'1" and it hung to the floor. For me, it was a no go.

Trusted Contributor

I own at least 10 Barefoot Dream pieces.

Love the material, style, and coziness.

I ordered 2 tsv's, one in graphite and the other in cocoa.

(my latest obsession)    Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

i own both BD in the chic lite and Colleen's. I don't experice any shedding from either and also don't notice a difference in the fabrication. Equally thrilled with both brands.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I don't like the cascade front.   

@bri20

Of course you don't!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I would hope not too.

@sunshine45, if I remember correctly, the last TSV wasn't as big of a price difference was it?

Colleen Lopez said her "keeping it cozy" is exactly the same as well but people who have both are reporting problems with Colleen's that they don't have with Barefoot Dreams. 

These BFD for QVC could be made in a totally different factory, woven differently, etc. 

@Lipstickdiva

Which begs the question: Is BFD really a BFD?

Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

I had seriously thought about the TSV in graphite as a gift to myself, but with all the holiday parties, events, gifts (DH has a birthday in 2 weeks), I just couldn't justiify the hit to the budget, even with easy pay. I did find a very soft sweater at Kohls which I purchased & just love for cozying up in when I curl up and read. We all have our separate budgets to consider this time of year.

Respected Contributor

I'm not cheap. I pay good money for good clothes. "Good" does not include baggy, loose, ill-fitting polyester. Even that company's blankets are polyester and the prices are ridic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll put my two cents in...

The fabric "rayon from bamboo"  is one of most toxic producing materials in the world of textiles. If more people knew just how it's made then there would be less of it sold. I won't buy bamboo fabrics of any kind. 

There...I said it. No more from me on this brand. If you are purchasing bamboo clothing made outside the us and want to be reassured of it's ecofriendliness then look for a label like this:

6a00d8341c52e053ef00e54f27759c8833-800wi.jpg