Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams...Seriously

@corita wrote:

I have a question for those that have ordered the Barefoot Dreams items and the Cuddle Duds items.  Are the garment shape and fabrics similar and/or how do they differ??? It does appear that many of the lines on the Q are showing the same styles. And, the other shopping channels are also showing this same type of open front, wrap top.  I like pockets and maybe not so much fabric, so may not be the item for me.

the pieces that i have are totally different.

the cuddl duds items that i have are a lightweight fleece. they are warm, but the quality and the material of the barefoot dreams bamboo chic lite items is so much nicer and more substantial......and "cozier."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The price doesn't bother me but the droopy appearance of the garment flatters no one's appearance. Fine for lounging if you live alone but to wear it outside? I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

If you check out Barefoot Dreams in the store, this is really a very good price. 

This is a no go for me because it's just not appealing in length for me.  It was down to Jayne Brown's knees and at my height, it would be even longer.  Second, because they are offering it at such a great price compared to the price in the store, I have no confidence that it's really the same quality. 

I have to wonder if somehow this isn't a dumbed down version for QVC. 

Respected Contributor

I don't like the cascade front.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If you check out Barefoot Dreams in the store, this is really a very good price. 

This is a no go for me because it's just not appealing in length for me.  It was down to Jayne Brown's knees and at my height, it would be even longer.  Second, because they are offering it at such a great price compared to the price in the store, I have no confidence that it's really the same quality. 

I have to wonder if somehow this isn't a dumbed down version for QVC. 

the last TSV that they had was exactly the same as what is currently in nordstrom.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I hope they don't dumb down the line.  I would be very disappointed 

Honored Contributor

I would hope not too.

@sunshine45, if I remember correctly, the last TSV wasn't as big of a price difference was it?

Colleen Lopez said her "keeping it cozy" is exactly the same as well but people who have both are reporting problems with Colleen's that they don't have with Barefoot Dreams. 

These BFD for QVC could be made in a totally different factory, woven differently, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I would hope not too.

@sunshine45, if I remember correctly, the last TSV wasn't as big of a price difference was it?

Colleen Lopez said her "keeping it cozy" is exactly the same as well but people who have both are reporting problems with Colleen's that they don't have with Barefoot Dreams. 

These BFD for QVC could be made in a totally different factory, woven differently, etc. 

have no idea yet...so far the pieces i have bought are all the same quality that nordstrom is carrying. i ordered three of the TSV and a beanie today.

last tsv was priced at $80 with free shipping......original price $130.

todays tsv is priced at $60 with $3 shipping.....original price $92.

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The price isn't bad for this TSV, but a cascade wrap for me must have pockets.  No sale.

Yup, might have purchased it if they designed it with pockets.  It's a no sale for me too.

Esteemed Contributor

I find it attractive casual outerwear.  I will try one.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust