Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12  

At least your delay is only one day. It could've been longer. I know you're awaiting the smaller size and I'm really curious to hear your feedback too. 🤔

Looks like my sm/med Almond will be here tomorrow. It was expedited, two days for this. Now, let's see how this one fits...

🤞 for the both of us. However I sure hope yours works out for you, it just has to. 

To my surprise it arrived today along with the spruce gray Pom Pom hat and scarf set. 
So cute together. The xs/xxs definitely fits better. The body of the small/medium was just a bit to large. This one works the only thing is I like the length a bit better in the small/medium but I do think it overwhelms me. I am just 5' and I think I need the bit of the shorter length. So I am very pleased, I will send back the small/medium. This is a first for me, I have never purchased this size before in anything in this line, so I guess the one I received ran on the large side because I am not an extra small in anything. LoL

The arms in the smaller of the two look so much better also. I had a lot of room in the small/medium, so I guess it was too big after all. Who knew. I just didn't know if a smaller size on me would look good in this fabric but it actually looks better. I looked a bit lost in the larger one. Now I love the hat and scarve set but gosh there's a lot of scarve and it looks darling with the Cardi but I am undecided on it.

Let me know how it works out on your end. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just received my 2nd TSV of the hooded cardigan in Berry!  Absolutely love the color as it is a muted medium pink and much more saturated like I really like. I don't do well with muted colors as I am a brunette with medium-fair skin.   I also got the Spruce which is amazing.  I do have to say that this is my favorite cardigan of all the ones I own as the arms are generous and the Cozy Chic Lite seems extra soft to me.  I also love all the ribbing on the arms and the trim!  Just a "must have" in your BFD closet!!  Don't hesitate if you are on the fence with this one.  I got the medium and it fits nice on my retail size medium body.  I am typically a 10-12 (medium) at retail.   LOVE IT!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 

Sounds like good news all around (pun intended) for you today. I know exactly what your talking about with it being a bit too much in the larger size. There's oversized and, then there's the... 'is it just too big?' I've been right there with you. My xxs/xs Almond was a better fit but like you, missed that bit of extra length too. Seems like you've got a keeper. The pom pom hat is adorable and very toasty warm. Both of my expresso and black arrived today too. Haven't taken the scarves out yet though. I wish I'd paid more attention and ordered the lighter colors when they were available. 

Along with the scarf sets were the Almond cardis. Yes, two were sent in the sm/med.👉😲👈? whaaaatt??? This has been an unbelievable ride with this garment. Couldn't make it up if I tried. 

No.1 out of the bag, ummmm, it seemed about the same as the Beach Rock. Wasn't doing cartwheels over this either. But.....

No.2 and I almost wasn't going to bother, was the game changer.OMG!!! I could tell as soon as I removed it from the bag it was different. It was lighter and not so bulky. The fit is primo! Sleeve is long but no need to cuff or scrunch. The length is perfect and it's oversizedd in just the right proportion. I was practically speechless from wide-eyed awe. Whoa, got the winner with this one. I'm both floored and thrilled. Can hardly believe the dumb luck error in getting two today. Have you ever???

That's my story for today. 😊

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12 

Sounds like good news all around (pun intended) for you today. I know exactly what your talking about with it being a bit too much in the larger size. There's oversized and, then there's the... 'is it just too big?' I've been right there with you. My xxs/xs Almond was a better fit but like you, missed that bit of extra length too. Seems like you've got a keeper. The pom pom hat is adorable and very toasty warm. Both of my expresso and black arrived today too. Haven't taken the scarves out yet though. I wish I'd paid more attention and ordered the lighter colors when they were available. 

Along with the scarf sets were the Almond cardis. Yes, two were sent in the sm/med.👉😲👈? whaaaatt??? This has been an unbelievable ride with this garment. Couldn't make it up if I tried. 

No.1 out of the bag, ummmm, it seemed about the same as the Beach Rock. Wasn't doing cartwheels over this either. But.....

No.2 and I almost wasn't going to bother, was the game changer.OMG!!! I could tell as soon as I removed it from the bag it was different. It was lighter and not so bulky. The fit is primo! Sleeve is long but no need to cuff or scrunch. The length is perfect and it's oversizedd in just the right proportion. I was practically speechless from wide-eyed awe. Whoa, got the winner with this one. I'm both floored and thrilled. Can hardly believe the dumb luck error in getting two today. Have you ever???

You are just too funny. So happy one finally worked out for you. You know that was my exact feeling when I removed mine out of the bag. I could tell right away it was lighter and said oh please work for me and like you it did. I think I am more thrilled for you. You have had quite a ride with this Cardi. Merry Christmas to you. I guess we have gotten ourselves some nice gifts this season. 🎄😊

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12 

You are just too funny. So happy one finally worked out for you. You know that was my exact feeling when I removed mine out of the bag. I could tell right away it was lighter and said oh please work for me and like you it did. I think I am more thrilled for you. You have had quite a ride with this Cardi. Merry Christmas to you. I guess we have gotten ourselves some nice gifts this season. 🎄😊

Oh for me being on the fence with the scarf and hat I just can't send it back and I lucked out and snagged a pearl/stone that popped up today. I am done well at least for this year

🤪

Esteemed Contributor

OHHH @Lucylu12 , I'm lovingly jealous of your snagging the pearl stone hat and scarf. I'll continue to stalk now with your good luck. I have the spruce on waitlist. Liked the blue too. Looks like there were lots and lots of colorsthat pop up when the item loads. Then disappear, showing current availability. I love this pom pom beanie on. Just to stinkin' cute.

Yes, today was a good day for us. YAY for that and you too, enjoy this lovely holiday gift. Happy Happy Holidays to you too. 💖 fa la la la la 🎶

Super Contributor

I received the pearl TSV yesterday and WOW!!! is it gorgeous. I'm not really a hood person, but this *might* be my favorite BFD piece yet and I have about 30. Am stilling waiting on the berry, but am thrilled with this first TSV. Plus, luck was on my side when a couple of weeks ago and I snagged the pearl/stone hat and scarf set, which is stunning and so soft ... loved it so much that I bought two other colors (berry and blue). Denver is a layering place and I need to keep warm for 1 a.m. dog walks. The details with the ribbing on the TSV combined with the material really do make it quite elegant for a hooded cardigan. Two thumbs up!

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

OHHH @Lucylu12 , I'm lovingly jealous of your snagging the pearl stone hat and scarf. I'll continue to stalk now with your good luck. I have the spruce on waitlist. Liked the blue too. Looks like there were lots and lots of colorsthat pop up when the item loads. Then disappear, showing current availability. I love this pom pom beanie on. Just to stinkin' cute.

Yes, today was a good day for us. YAY for that and you too, enjoy this lovely holiday gift. Happy Happy Holidays to you too. 💖 fa la la la la 🎶

THE PEARL STONE HAT AND SCARF IS IN STOCK. I HOPE YOU SEE THIS

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 

Yes I did see the pearl stone and the rose pink. Immediately ordered both and , got the thank for your order message , immediately checked my order status and neither were there. Been on the phone with CS, and nope, definitely not in my account. The system apparentlt ate 'em. Of course they're gone now. The blue combo was available too. But much thanks for the heads up. 

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12 

Yes I did see the pearl stone and the rose pink. Immediately ordered both and , got the thank for your order message , immediately checked my order status and neither were there. Been on the phone with CS, and nope, definitely not in my account. The system apparentlt ate 'em. Of course they're gone now. The blue combo was available too. But much thanks for the heads up. 

How odd, however I have had that happen and the next day there it is in my order status.

Its happened more than once and I check my order status and it's not there and I think where did it go. I check a few more times and then give up. I even call the automated number to see what my last order is and it's not there, but the next day there it is.

So check your order status in the morning. You never know.