Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

I wore my QVC2 Big Deal in cream today - it's perfection and so cozy. No futzing, nothing. May actually be the fave of all my cardi's. ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise 

I am curious, what color is the plaid in the Big Deal cardi, please? I couldn't tell and of course this wasn't shared on air. TIA.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@Susan Louise 

I am curious, what color is the plaid in the Big Deal cardi, please? I couldn't tell and of course this wasn't shared on air. TIA.

@rochelleS   The plaid design itself is a dark grey  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor 

Geez, the slow shipping can be so discouraging. Perhaps you can muster up a little enthusiasm. I received my Camo and Cream cardis...

The Camo green print is a bit zingy in its understated muted pallette. So very popular these days and an easy ease into a wardrobe. It's a fun and playful choice that could really be quite funky or very edgy with all black.

The cardi itself has clean lines. Not oversized or too bulky or fluffy in my size small. I keep thinking of Mr. Rogers. (in a good way) Of course, this is more stylized with the longer length, color and print options. There's a nice ease in the closer fit, the v'd neckline flows nicely, clean smooth pockets and I do not find the sleeves excessively long like @AmericanBulldogMom did on her cardi. In fact, these are a very normal length on me. The double faced interior finish is a plus and imo, kicks the quality up. This is lightweight and cozy. Perfect for the season.

I had previously expressed a concern about the scale of this Camo print. It looked rather large, and it is. People say it's not too much on me, but in honesty, it is still in the back of my mind. I'll be looking for more feedback over Thanksgiving. That being said... I've been wearing it nonstop since it arrived. Love the color combo and it looks great with Laurie Felt''s very dark green overdyed jeans and my BD long sleeve olive tee. 

Let us know what you think...when yours arrives. ♡♡♡

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Thanks so much.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS Very glad to hear you are pleased with your new camo cardi. I'm also glad to hear the sleeves are a good length for you. 😉 Enjoy! I love this cardi. 

Super Contributor

Mine finally came today (I'm in Portland, OR). I ordered the Camo in both the Large (what their chart recommended) and a Medium. The Large just was too oversized and looked sloppy on me. The Medium fit well, was comfy without looking too big. Comparing garment size measurements, there is like .50" - 1.0" difference for most of the measurements listed, sometimes less than that. And yet, wearing the two, there was a HUGE difference in appearance.

As far as the Camo print, I loved it the moment I saw it presented. It's abstract in design and the colors are very wearable. In certain lights, the green reads more gray in person. I really like it.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor

My Nordic print pullover arrived today in the "ocean" blue color.  I am very glad I sized down, it fits very nicely as a single layer sweater.  If I wanted to wear it over a lighter turtleneck layer, I'd have to have sized up, but following the "click here" measurements worked well for this garment.  I hope everyone else who ordered this pullover is happy with theirs as well!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I saw your pic in the Cream cardi on Andrea's thread. 👍Nice! The Cream is so dreamy, it's almost edible. The Stone trim is neutral enough to coordinate or complement everything. That makes life cheery, and easy. Are you familiar with the BD "Mist" color? There's a Malibu ss tee in that shade that might be a close match to the Stone trim. I can't tell. 

Your cardI definitely has much longer sleeves than mine. The fit, looks more generous too. Did you size up? 

Oops, forgot the pic of the Mist color tee. ..Screenshot_2019-11-21-21-42-06-1.png

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS No, I've not seen that mist color before. It looks more "beach rock" colored to me, but could just be my screen. 

I did not size up, stayed with my usual size. I did ponder sizing down, but knowing that I am a freezy cat and layer I decided against it. I am okay with it being generously sized, just adds to the coziness for me. 🤗 Bc I love this cardi so much, I'm still contemplating the berry. 🤔 I sure don't need it though, thats for sure. 😆