Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

[ Edited ]

Hi - just wanted to mention that BD is having a Friday flash sale - up to 65% off select cardis (the only item I saw that is 65% off is a men's cardigan) - some other women's cardis are around 25% off.  In case anyone is interested.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both my cardis "shipped" yesterday. Sort of... the cream left PA and is in Ohio but the camo hasn't left the warehouse yet. Previous BD orders were shipped very promptly and this surprised me this time around. Apparently, it's now part of the current slooooow shipping status. I was really hoping to see that your pre order had gotten a head start @1Professor. That is so disappointing.😞

Looks like mine will be here next week. 

Honored Contributor

do any of you shop at TOMMY BAHAMA?

looks like they have a new line out that is very similar to barefoot dreams.

pricey, but some very cute styles! their line is called  ISLAND SOFT collection.

they do have a holiday throw that is half price as an introductory offer (while supplies last) which may be a good way to try their material.  it is called their island soft throw and it comes in putty, potpourri, and fog grey heather. $49.50.

right now i have two $50 off of a $100 purchase coupon. may have to try one of the pieces.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

BD ladies....I received my QVC2 Big Deal cardi in cream today. It's fluffy like a marshmallow and SO cozy. I ordered my usual BD size and it is generous in size. This I expected as they described it to fit like a "boyfriend" cardi. So in saying this, I think that's how it wears too, as opposed to just looking like it's too big for me. Hopefully that makes sense.

I will mention though that the arms are crazy long - even for me. I am tall and always struggle with finding sleeves long enough. But with this cardi, I may actually fold them when I wear it, they're that long. LOL! Curious to see if thats a comment mentioned often about this or if it's just mine. Ha ha! It's definitely a keeper for me. Love the color too, btw.

Looking forward to others reviews.....

Super Contributor

@1Professor Portland, OR checking in...mine are still in processing. I ordered them 11/9 late afternoon.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

BD ladies....I received my QVC2 Big Deal cardi in cream today. It's fluffy like a marshmallow and SO cozy. I ordered my usual BD size and it is generous in size. This I expected as they described it to fit like a "boyfriend" cardi. So in saying this, I think that's how it wears too, as opposed to just looking like it's too big for me. Hopefully that makes sense.

I will mention though that the arms are crazy long - even for me. I am tall and always struggle with finding sleeves long enough. But with this cardi, I may actually fold them when I wear it, they're that long. LOL! Curious to see if thats a comment mentioned often about this or if it's just mine. Ha ha! It's definitely a keeper for me. Love the color too, btw.

Looking forward to others reviews.....

@AmericanBulldogMomThanks so much for the review on the cream I ordered that one and the camo.  I can't wait to get them.  The reviews so far are all good. What do you think you will wear the cream with?

Respected Contributor

@Pecky As far as what I will wear with the cream....since it's such a neutral color, with the stone accenting color, I think this will be wearable with anything to be honest. That's one of the reasons I chose it. An easy, no brainer, throw it on with whatever piece. That's my favorite way of dressing.  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom 

There was a comment in the Q & A below the reviews, that the stone trim on the cream sweater has a pink tone. What's your opinion on this color? 

It sounds like you are pleased with this sweater. Enjoy! 

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone get there Nordic Pullover yet? Mine is still in process. I haven't had anything stay in process this long. Hopefully it will ship this week. 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS I did not see any pink in the stone trim.