Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

I received the almond Aran cardi today from BD (Saturday fed ex delivery...yahoo) and it is soooo nice.  It is definitely a denser knit that regular coozychic.  It almost has the densityy of a luxury towel...at least this is the comparision that comes to mind.  It's really beautiful.  Ive mentioned in the past cozychic is my least favorite faric but this is in a totally different class in appearance and feel.  Regular cozychic is WAY less dense...this is like pillow cozySmiley Happy  

Now for sizing I am a size 4 in stores and I ordered the cardi in size small.  it is a generous fit in chest(Im a 34B/C and arms so Im thinking I will like it better after washing and drying(sleeves are long on me too but a slight cuff will take care of that.  I could probably get away with an xs but I'm not positive Id be happy with it buttoned at the hips (my hips measure 36.5 inches and this isn't bagg,y but definitely room so no pull at all just drape).  It is suppose to be a relaxed fit and it is, but the upper body is bordering on a hair too large (once again in the past wash and dry remedies this so fingers crossed).  If I were to order another I tend to think I'd stay with the same size rather than going for an xs which might be too fitted...hard to tell without trying both sizes on at the same time.  I noticed QVC is sold out but BD has them.  To be honest I am going to take a second look at the beach poncho becuase if it is this new dense cozychic it might be really good!

Trusted Contributor

@equss @I am thrilled you love your new Cardi. It sounds scrumptious. Funny you mention the new Beach Poncho. I actually just ordered it in the Navy and put the Faded Multi Rose on waitlist. I couldn't decide which color to get. I love the Faded Rose but Just wasn't quite sure about it. I new I would love the Navy. So when I get the Navy I will see if I think I would like the Faded Rose better, if so, I will send it back if the Faded Rose comes through on Waitlist. Leah had it on her show this morning and for some reason it looked more attractive to me than the airing when it aired the other day, so I went for it. 
I don't need 2 of these but it was so hard for me to choose between the colors.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12  I just  looked and faded rose is completely sold out...thats the one I am drawn,but the blue and gray are also great!  I had the original beach ponch...I know you'll like it as its a great piece.  

Trusted Contributor

@equss @I remember you saying you owned the original Beach Poncho and loved it. I kept that in mind. When I was ordering the new one I just lucked out with waitlist on the Faded Rose. It said sorry you just missed it, but when I went into my cart it was there. After that it showed sold out, so it's any body's  guess if my waitlist order will be filled. Someone would have to cancel there's. Anyway excited to get the navy. I always lean towards charcoal or neutrals. But I have a lot in Charcoal but nothing really in a navy.

Now I just hope I don't love it to much and talk myself into the faded Rose also if my waitlist order is filled. This line is going to be death of me🤪

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12   I can't wait to hear what you think of the ponch when you receive it.  Keep us postedSmiley Happy

I know what you mean about the line....Im currently talking myself out of the second color on the Aran

Trusted Contributor

I will post as soon as I receive it. I hope the Aran Cardi comes back in stock in the 2020. I love the Almond. Such a classy piece. I bet you look stunning in it.

Trusted Contributor

@equss @The Faded Rose Mosaic Pomcho is available on waitlist this morning😃

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@equss @The Faded Rose Mosaic Pomcho is available on waitlist this morning😃

@Lucylu12   Thank you!  I really considered the poncho,  but opted to get another Aran cardi instead( must have been a bunch of cancellations overnight).  I love both but know I'll get more wear out of the cardi. I'll also be curious to see if the cardi from qvc is the same as from bd because qvc had a couple exclusive colors. 

Trusted Contributor

Comparing photos on The BFD website and QVC they look identical, so should be the same. I just checked and my size sold out in the Almond. However I know something is going to come along that I have to have🤪 I always say I habe enough but then something new arrives.🤷🏼‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Comparing photos on The BFD website and QVC they look identical, so should be the same. I just checked and my size sold out in the Almond. However I know something is going to come along that I have to have🤪 I always say I habe enough but then something new arrives.🤷🏼‍♀️

I so don't need anything more!!

I think the reason I'm willing to spend money on the Aran is I've always loved the classic style but can't wear 100% wool.   The almond is gorgeous but it's white so I'll probably be more careful about wearing it. The other colors I'll be willing to throw on and wear regardless of what I'm doing.  The big deal and tsv are definitely going to have to be something other than a cardi for me to buy( unless it's a shorter version of the aran🤗).