Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams - TSV - February 11, 2019

@donovan

@donovan wrote:

I received Carbon and Sea Salt today.  I love it! I usually wear a Med in Q sizes, and go up to a large in BFD.  I did buy the L/XL and I'm glad I did.  It's drappy just how I wanted it to look.

Trying to stop myself from buying the blue one too to wear with a white tank and jeans.  I really don't need it......

Go for it! Smiley LOL

So glad you like the size you chose. I hope I'm not sorry I stayed with the Small/Medium. My true size is Medium and I felt the shrugs looked pretty roomy. Maybe I should have gone up to a Large/Extra Large. Will know when I get home from work tonight.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Chi-town girl  Yes, ok...'sea salt' is white...

I stand corrected. Ok...my head hurts. What BD is made of the 'sea glass' color? I don't see it as a TSV color.

I ordered the 'pacific blue' and the 'meadow green'. I tried doing a search and came up with nada.

@Susan Louise -lol the color names are similar. I know the new hoodie is offered in Sea Glass. The Sea Salt and Meadow Green are brand new and only available in the TSV at this time.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

ok saw this on the bd web site...I really like it

Honored Contributor

@equss That's beautiful! What was the name? Maybe it is the pullover hoodie, which I have in a couple of colors. Can't tell from this view. But I think the hoodie would have a higher neckline.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler and BD ladies....so I rec’d 2 of my TSV’s today in sea salt and faded rose. I also rec’d the hoodies in carbon and sand dune. 

The TSV is gorgeous. The sea salt is as perfect as I thought it would be. The faded rose is also beautiful. Thats the good news. The bad news is that these are going back. ☹️

Why? Bc I am tall and have long arms and wide athletic shoulders so I needed to size up for a proper fit. I noticed the models constantly pulling and adjusting this in front which told me it was fitting them too small/not properly and not wrapping around their shoulders enough. 

After wearing this for awhile I believe I was right as sizing up kept it on my shoulders without needing to keep pulling it forward or futzing with it - which would drive me crazy. But bc of this needing to size up for my shoulders meant that there was way too much fabric in the dolman sleeve area. Holy bat wing Batman! The other problem with sizing up meant the bottom ribbed part of the sleeve is also wider, so when I’d push up the sleeves they wouldn’t stay up - this drives me crazy. They were just too big for my forearms.

So, in saying all the above, my review is in no way a negative for this TSV. It’s MY build that makes this a no go. I am bummed bc it is gorgeous, but not for my body type. If this weren’t bridge sizing I would have better luck for sure. Please don’t let my review deter anyone thats on the fence, it’s gorgeous. 

As for my 2 hoodies- the sand dune is a new color for me. I love it!! Some good news: my sea glass hoodie has finally shipped! Can’t wait! These hoodies are perfection!! ❤️

Hope you ladies have better luck with fit than I. Looking forward to all your reviews!! 😉

Super Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@donovan

@donovan wrote:

I received Carbon and Sea Salt today.  I love it! I usually wear a Med in Q sizes, and go up to a large in BFD.  I did buy the L/XL and I'm glad I did.  It's drappy just how I wanted it to look.

Trying to stop myself from buying the blue one too to wear with a white tank and jeans.  I really don't need it......

Go for it! Smiley LOL

So glad you like the size you chose. I hope I'm not sorry I stayed with the Small/Medium. My true size is Medium and I felt the shrugs looked pretty roomy. Maybe I should have gone up to a Large/Extra Large. Will know when I get home from work tonight.

I think you'll probably be fine as they are roomy - it might be that the size difference between the 2 aren't that different.  I just noticed the models pulling the sides a lot, and I have larger breasts so I didn't want to have to keep tugging it closed.  I can actually cross over the fronts, but when it hangs by itself it is perfect - not too far apart and you can still see what I'm wearing underneath.

I think this is my favorite BFD item.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom Thanks for the honest review. Sorry they didn' work out for you, but best to send them back. Never thought about it, but going up a size would definitely make the dolman area bigger. Perhaps I will be fine with my Small/Medium for that area.

I also noticed that the models were tugging frequently to adjust how the front hung. Wasn't entirely sure why they were doing that. I know that i definitely should NOT wear it dropped over my shoulder like Kari did. If I want to wear something as a shawl, I will purchase it. ha!

Haven't heard the word "futzing" in a long time! LOL!!!

Don't you just LOVE the hoodies? I wore both of mine over the weekend. Want to get more colors, that's for sure. Today I have my Carbon Slouchy Puller with the TSV Cardi in the same color. Feel so good!

Still eager to hear what you think of the Sea Glass color when it comes.

I'll definitely report back later tonight or early tomorrow morning about how I like the shrug. The Sea Salt is on the UPS truck today. Tomorrow I should get the Pacific Blue, and don't know how long it will take to get the last one, Carbon.

Again, thanks for the review. Heart

Super Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@World Traveler and BD ladies....so I rec’d 2 of my TSV’s today in sea salt and faded rose. I also rec’d the hoodies in carbon and sand dune. 

The TSV is gorgeous. The sea salt is as perfect as I thought it would be. The faded rose is also beautiful. Thats the good news. The bad news is that these are going back. ☹️

Why? Bc I am tall and have long arms and wide athletic shoulders so I needed to size up for a proper fit. I noticed the models constantly pulling and adjusting this in front which told me it was fitting them too small/not properly and not wrapping around their shoulders enough. 

After wearing this for awhile I believe I was right as sizing up kept it on my shoulders without needing to keep pulling it forward or futzing with it - which would drive me crazy. But bc of this needing to size up for my shoulders meant that there was way too much fabric in the dolman sleeve area. Holy bat wing Batman! The other problem with sizing up meant the bottom ribbed part of the sleeve is also wider, so when I’d push up the sleeves they wouldn’t stay up - this drives me crazy. They were just too big for my forearms.

So, in saying all the above, my review is in no way a negative for this TSV. It’s MY build that makes this a no go. I am bummed bc it is gorgeous, but not for my body type. If this weren’t bridge sizing I would have better luck for sure. Please don’t let my review deter anyone thats on the fence, it’s gorgeous. 

As for my 2 hoodies- the sand dune is a new color for me. I love it!! Some good news: my sea glass hoodie has finally shipped! Can’t wait! These hoodies are perfection!! ❤️

Hope you ladies have better luck with fit than I. Looking forward to all your reviews!! 😉

I received my sea salt TSV today in S/M and it is perfect on me!!  I am a true women's retail medium (10-12) but always do a S/M in Barefoot dreams as I feel they run larger.  I am a 36D/DD with smaller shoulders.  I am glad I did the S/M as I feel the L/XL would be way too wide.  I also ordered the coral so can't wait to receive it.  Now, I am contemplating another color or go with the hoodie.  I like hoodies to cover my bum and not be tight as I am larger on the bottom.  How long is this hoodie and would it cover my bum?  I am 5'3".  Help!

Super Contributor

So, I am contemplating another shrug or doing the hoodie.  I want it to fit loose so thinking of doing the Large.  Will it cover the bum at that length?  Also, not sure if I should stick with darker colrs as I don't want any back fat showing.  LOL!  Any advice?

Super Contributor

And the blue one just fell into my cart.

In my defense, I did just cancel the Julep auto delivery the Q back ordered (how you don't have the 2nd shipment of an auto delivery is a bit crazy - it's not like it is a surprise that you need more stock in 6 months??) so it wasn't that painful of a purchase.