Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

Glam_girl, I also want versatility from by BD sweaters, so my espresso is going back today, to exchange for a black.  I just don't wear enough brown tones to justify the color, black will go with much more.  I also adore my pearl, though I worried at first about getting it dirty or stained.  BD washes so well, though, I hope it survives my inherent klutziness.  I did try on my espresso, though, and it fits the same way the pearl does, so I hope your berry being tight is just a fluke.  Good luck in your decision, this sweater is a winner in every color, I think, but we have to both love what we get and wear it, or else we are throwing money away by hanging stuff in a closet with the tags still on, never to see the light of day again.

Regular Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Glam_girl, I also want versatility from by BD sweaters, so my espresso is going back today, to exchange for a black.  I just don't wear enough brown tones to justify the color, black will go with much more.  I also adore my pearl, though I worried at first about getting it dirty or stained.  BD washes so well, though, I hope it survives my inherent klutziness.  I did try on my espresso, though, and it fits the same way the pearl does, so I hope your berry being tight is just a fluke.  Good luck in your decision, this sweater is a winner in every color, I think, but we have to both love what we get and wear it, or else we are throwing money away by hanging stuff in a closet with the tags still on, never to see the light of day again.

@CamilleP  Hi!  My fear with the pearl is exactly like yours.  I am afraid I could stain it easily with make-up or with my laptop bag (which I have to take every single day with me to work), but in person it is my favorite color of the TSV choices.  Good thing with cozychic lite is that it doesn't seem to stain easily.  It is almost like a teflon cooking pan.  My cozychic pieces seem to stain quicker.  I know that I could easily remove almost every stain on that fabric without ruining it so that is a relief.  By the way, I will send back the berry option for an exchange because of the fitting issue and the way it limits my choices to wear it.  I think it will look good with brown or taupes (it is that type of muted berry color), but I don't have many pieces in those colors to justify keeping it.  

Esteemed Contributor

My TSV and pants will be returned because they are way too big even though I sized up like the size chart indicated..  Plus, I'm not crazy about this berry shade. 😕 It seemed to be a brighter pink on my screen. 

Super Contributor

So I see the Catalina Cardigan that was the TSV in September is already on sale for $69.98.  Hmmm....I thought TSVs didn't go on sale that quickly.  I wonder why?  Maybe I should just wait for them to go on sale in the future.  I bought 3 since I liked it so well.

Frequent Contributor

Funny you should mention this as I just noticed this morning as well. I chatted with customer service they said there is nothing they can do. So I sent an email to the social team and they just replied with the tsv description, completely ignoring the fact I asked about the price drop. I purchased 4 at the time of the tsv and always thought he tsv price was he lowest for at least 6 months.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stb13 wrote:
Funny you should mention this as I just noticed this morning as well. I chatted with customer service they said there is nothing they can do. So I sent an email to the social team and they just replied with the tsv description, completely ignoring the fact I asked about the price drop. I purchased 4 at the time of the tsv and always thought he tsv price was he lowest for at least 6 months.

very interesting!  I guess the TSV really isn't a TSV anymore!  Very irritating!!

Honored Contributor

is @World Traveler  going to start a BD thread for 2020?

there will be a TSV on february 3rd. i dont know what it is yet though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

I hope so haven't heard from her in a while. Didn't know there was a TSV coming up. 
I sure hope it isn't a cardigan. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

I hope so haven't heard from her in a while. Didn't know there was a TSV coming up. 

Hey did you know the founder of Barefoot Dreams Annette Cook died on Dec 29.

She was 48 and died of cancer. A beautiful woman I might add. So sad though.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Hey did you know the founder of Barefoot Dreams Annette Cook died on Dec 29.

She was 48 and died of cancer. A beautiful woman I might add. So sad though.

Opps I did t realize she dies in 2012 it was on Kari's Facebook so I thought it was recent.

still sad I didn't know this.