Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@Lucylu12 

I'm like you in the respect that if something doesn't fit, look right, wrong color etc, it's an easy decision and state of mind to just simply return. If it takes me more than ten minutes to make up my mind on something, the answer has been historically a no! It's been such an easy process...

But this particular garment just spoke to me. I truly love it in so many ways and would ultimately like a positive resolution. I understand how and why youre attracted too. The Spruce must be just gorgeous in this fabricstion!

So how's the best way to shrink? Hot water wash or hot dryer, both? Have you or anyone else successfully or intentionally shrunk a BD garment? And if I do an exchange, what size do I request??? What a stinking mess. Geez.

I am so curious and will be waiting with bated breath on the fit of your smaller Spruce. Mine shipped in record, and I mean record time with a UPS delivery at 6:07am! on one and the other would have been equally as fast if not for Sunday not being a delivery day. Hopefully yours will fly home to you too. Please post back when it arrives. I ordered the new BD tee shirts late on the 13th. They shipped on the 14th and earlier were at a major hub less than an hour away! Impressive, at least this order will be here well before Xmas. So glad I didn't hesitate with ordering these tees too. My size and colors went bye bye fast. I was lax on the hat and scarf duo though and am on waitlist for a couple colors. 

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@rochelleS @Lucylu12  If you remember I sent back my boucle cardi in s/m (almond). I didn't care for how it hung on me and it was huge - crazy long arms too. I was drowning in it. I am normally a medium in BD. There's no way the size down would fit me -IF it were sized correctly. I know QC failed on mine as well. 

It's funny about the sizing. Now I have really short arms and everything is long on me. However in the sm/med I received the arms were just right. I could cuff them a bit but not much if I wanted to. I will see how a size down works if not I am keeping the sm/med sounds like mine isn't as large as some in the same size. I noticed with the TSV yesterday the lengths on that was all over the place. I eneded up not ordering it but I see those that have received it love it. Barefoot dreams is nightmare at times when it comes to sizing. Hey is World Traveler OK or is she traveling she hasn't posted in a while. Not being nosy just concerned.

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12 

I'm like you in the respect that if something doesn't fit, look right, wrong color etc, it's an easy decision and state of mind to just simply return. If it takes me more than ten minutes to make up my mind on something, the answer has been historically a no! It's been such an easy process...

But this particular garment just spoke to me. I truly love it in so many ways and would ultimately like a positive resolution. I understand how and why youre attracted too. The Spruce must be just gorgeous in this fabricstion!

So how's the best way to shrink? Hot water wash or hot dryer, both? Have you or anyone else successfully or intentionally shrunk a BD garment? And if I do an exchange, what size do I request??? What a stinking mess. Geez.

I am so curious and will be waiting with bated breath on the fit of your smaller Spruce. Mine shipped in record, and I mean record time with a UPS delivery at 6:07am! on one and the other would have been equally as fast if not for Sunday not being a delivery day. Hopefully yours will fly home to you too. Please post back when it arrives. I ordered the new BD tee shirts late on the 13th. They shipped on the 14th and earlier were at a major hub less than an hour away! Impressive, at least this order will be here well before Xmas. So glad I didn't hesitate with ordering these tees too. My size and colors went bye bye fast. I was lax on the hat and scarf duo though and am on waitlist for a couple colors. 

Mine have been arriving pretty quickly lately. I ordered the Pom Pom Scarve and hat set in spruce last night and it already shipped.

i actually have tried to shrink 2 of the first cards that were a TSV on the Q. I lost some weight. I washed on warm and dried on Medium and nope they didn't shrink. Funny the things you want to shrink don't and the things you don't want to shrink do. I don't know what to tell you but shipping gets to costly sending things back. I will report back as soon as I receive the smaller size but I don't have high hopes after seeing what you are going through. I will keep the sm/med if it doesn't work out, it in know way looks ridiculously to big, I must think it could look better.

Respected Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@rochelleS @Lucylu12  If you remember I sent back my boucle cardi in s/m (almond). I didn't care for how it hung on me and it was huge - crazy long arms too. I was drowning in it. I am normally a medium in BD. There's no way the size down would fit me -IF it were sized correctly. I know QC failed on mine as well. 

It's funny about the sizing. Now I have really short arms and everything is long on me. However in the sm/med I received the arms were just right. I could cuff them a bit but not much if I wanted to. I will see how a size down works if not I am keeping the sm/med sounds like mine isn't as large as some in the same size. I noticed with the TSV yesterday the lengths on that was all over the place. I eneded up not ordering it but I see those that have received it love it. Barefoot dreams is nightmare at times when it comes to sizing. Hey is World Traveler OK or is she traveling she hasn't posted in a while. Not being nosy just concerned.

@Lucylu12  Yes, the sizing can be very frustrating.

As for World Traveler, I have seen her posting in the Wen and Wellness forums consistently, so I'm not sure why she's not visiting us here. She even started this thread. 🤷🏻‍♀️Maybe we were costing her too much $, the enablers we all are. 😂 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 

I believe if your smaller Spruce is similar to the Almond that I received, it may work for you. The Barbie Beach Rock was an anomaly. I want to think this is some kind of  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 

Glitch site. Trouble posting. Above message incomplete. Will try later. 😕

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12 

Glitch site. Trouble posting. Above message incomplete. Will try later. 😕

It shipped today and expected to arrive on Thusday. So I will let you know how it works out 

Super Contributor

Several of my older BFD Cardigans have very tight sleeves.  Does anyone know a good way to loosen them up besides washing in cold water and letting them air dry?  I've tried stretching them when they are wet but they are very tight compared to the newer BFD Cardigans and I can only wear them with a tank.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

received my spruce and espresso TSVs.......another hit!

very glad i stuck with my regular BD size. if i had done anything smaller it would not have fit well in the hips. the sleeves are a relaxed fit compared to many others i own. the colors are gorgeous.....especially the espresso. definitely two unusual colors for me. they just cover the bootie, so they are not long at all if you are worried about length. i am 5'7". quality is excellent as usual, hoodie is a cute touch and good for those misty days.

now i am wondering if i should order two for my daughters for christmas?

ordered on the 12th and arrived on the 16th.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucylu12 

I hope the smaller sized Spruce works out well for you and that my Beach Rock Barbie was just a fluke. If nothing else you'll have had the opportunity to compare the two sizes. I do look forward to hearing your comments...

I was able to check hold another sm/med Almond last night and just spoke with CS. ( they are so busy, its hard getting through, excessive waiting and disconnects) The rep expedited the free shipping and I hope to see this one in three days. This definitely should be interesting. Ya think!

Also called BD CS about potentially shrinking the first Beach Rock. She wasn't sure if this fabric content would shrink like the CC ultra lite. She was familiar with that fabric content shrinking. Did suggest a hot dryer, instead of hot water and monitoring for 10 to 15 minutes, then lay to finish drying. Not sure I'll go there as of yet