Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@tsavorite wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

I received my 2 TSVs in espresso and baja blue today.  The colors are stunning!  I ordered my usual size small.  The XS would have probably fit as well but I like the front sides to touch or slightly overlap each other.  The arms are not tight at all.  At 5'5", the length on both is about 3" above my knees.  I already have the espresso wide leg pants and ordered the baja blue pants today.   I'm happy with my purchases!

@Linmo  Thanks for the review!  That really helps me out on sizing....XS if I do order it for sure.  I am now tempted to get the espresso....but I still am drawn to that berry color LOL!

@tsavorite Glad it helps!  BTW, the length of the arms on both sweaters was perfect.  I won't need to turn them up at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

So far I've purchased the Sponge Daddy gifty trio, lol. I did pick up some of the new tee shirts as soon as the free shipping went online. I look forward to to receiving the new colors. I previously had purchased the crew neck tee and fell in love. I like the thinness of the fabric alot, very comfy and great for layering. It feels very luxe on. I hope the new slub textured tee will be as equally nice. 

I'm eyeing the expresso brown wide leg pant, maybe the spruce but have not pulled the trigger. Loving that expresso! 😚🤔🙄

Respected Contributor

Originally got Baja Blue in M. Returned it yesterday for black in S. The blue actually clashed with all my denims, dark, light, vintage, antique. I did love that color and it looked fabulous with black denim and black tee. I wear too much denim so NOT wearing it with denim limits the wearing. Of course, it was just my own subjective view that the Baja Blue didn't work with shades of real denim.

Still no reviews showing up on my computers?

It's now the end of TSV day and I find it curious that NONE of the colors or sizes are on Wait List or Sold Out. Over-ordering?

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Originally got Baja Blue in M. Returned it yesterday for black in S. The blue actually clashed with all my denims, dark, light, vintage, antique. I did love that color and it looked fabulous with black denim and black tee. I wear too much denim so NOT wearing it with denim limits the wearing. Of course, it was just my own subjective view that the Baja Blue didn't work with shades of real denim.

It's now the end of TSV day and I find it curious that NONE of the colors or sizes are on Wait List or Sold Out. Over-ordering?

Seems like they've had a lot of inventory for BD items over the past few months.  I wondered if they're just advertising for the company rather than actually stocking the items in a Q warehouse.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor 

Good to hear from you! Sorry that the Baha Blue didn't work out, but I suspect it's blue grey tone is similar to, if not the same as the recent Big Deal offer in the blue animal print, so I know exactly what you are talking about colorwise with denims. I do have a pair of very dark, almost black, LOGO pinstriped denim jeans that are the best compliment for this (my) sweater. Otherwise, like you, nix on the blue denims looking good with this grey blue. Albeit, a very pretty color.

I guess you like the style on the tsv, if you opted to exchange color and size. Was it very oversized, as some here have expressed concern and questioned? 

Super Contributor

I got the Spruce today delivered!  I absolutely love it!  It is a beautiful gray green cool tone.  I got the medium.  I am a true retail medium (10-12).  I am curvy 36D and 5'3" 150 lbs.  I am glad I got the medium.  Sleeves are looser and I can pull the cardigan closed and it isn't tight on my curvy hips. It hits above my knee and it is not too long at all on me.  I wouldn't want it smaller as it would be tighter on my bottom on not flattering.  I plan to go back for the Baja blue right now before it sells out.  I love blue in January with white.  Seems so fresh!  I have to say that I have almost 15 BFD caridgans.  This is my favorite so far!  Love the cut, length, pocket placement, ribbing and fabrication!  You can't go wrong with this cardigan.  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice review @Beeweaver. Thank you!

Super Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@1Professor  O.k. now I am second guessing the baja blue.  I think I will go with my original one that I wanted but didn't order...the berry. I think it will look great with jeans, black, cranberry, etc.  Looks like a very pretty color and if I don't like it, I can always exchange for the black.

Regular Contributor

Enough of this line. They have run it into the ground.

Super Contributor

@clista wrote:

Enough of this line. They have run it into the ground.

@clista  

Based on your reviews.....I don't know why you even shop on QVC.  We love Barefoot Dreams so I suggest you just don't buy it.