Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,700
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

Moondance, I also ordered the blue version, with my coloring it was the only version that would be flattering.   I have quite a few "fair isle" style sweaters, but they are wool, and need something under them to keep them from irritating my skin and making me scratch my neck and arms, so I love that this sweater will be a stand-alone top.  Our winters have been so mild recently that I seriously consider giving away most of my wool, but sure as shootin' if I do, we'll get an offshoot of the predicted "polar coaster" winter and I'll regret it.  In the meantime, I can wear this sweater for a "Frozen" look without actually sweating like a horse.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 104
Registered: ‎04-05-2017

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019


@CamilleP wrote:

Moondance, I also ordered the blue version, with my coloring it was the only version that would be flattering.   I have quite a few "fair isle" style sweaters, but they are wool, and need something under them to keep them from irritating my skin and making me scratch my neck and arms, so I love that this sweater will be a stand-alone top.  Our winters have been so mild recently that I seriously consider giving away most of my wool, but sure as shootin' if I do, we'll get an offshoot of the predicted "polar coaster" winter and I'll regret it.  In the meantime, I can wear this sweater for a "Frozen" look without actually sweating like a horse.


I ordered this in the pink, but had the hardest time deciding between that and the blue. It may be an exchange. The size was also a tough choice, but I went up to a large. I love this sweater and hope that you enjoy yours.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,222
Registered: ‎10-12-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019


@CamilleP wrote:

Moondance, I also ordered the blue version, with my coloring it was the only version that would be flattering.   I have quite a few "fair isle" style sweaters, but they are wool, and need something under them to keep them from irritating my skin and making me scratch my neck and arms, so I love that this sweater will be a stand-alone top.  Our winters have been so mild recently that I seriously consider giving away most of my wool, but sure as shootin' if I do, we'll get an offshoot of the predicted "polar coaster" winter and I'll regret it.  In the meantime, I can wear this sweater for a "Frozen" look without actually sweating like a horse.


@CamilleP @HeatherAG  I think we will be pleased with our choice. I am in Northwest Ga and although our Winters are mild compared to most we do get cold. Today it is 32 windy and going into the teens. I also owned wool sweaters, I am originally from NY but got rid of them. I find BFD works in all seasons for me here. 
I also went up to a large in this one. Never have purchased large, usually small and at times medium. This one I wanted it oversized. So we shall see how that works out. Hopefully it's not to big. 
Report back when you girls get yours as to the fit and how you like the colors you chose.

Mine has not shipped yet, seems to take a while to get to me.

Contributor
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎04-12-2012

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

BFD Dupe alert!!!  At Marshalls and TJ Maxx they have a good dupe for the Barefoot Dreams pom pom hat and scarf.  I've only seen it in two colors (gray/white and pink).  The hat is $12.99 and the scarf is $14.99IMG_5553.JPG

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,884
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

Reviews are starting to be posted for the QVCBigDeal2...so far a perfect 5 star rating. I'm looking forward to the black plaid. I just hope I ordered the right size and I don't have to exchange.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,700
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

Moondance and Heather, thank you for letting me know how you chose your sizing.  So far my order has sat in process for long enough that I wonder if there's any chance I'll get my sweater before Thanksgiving.  And yet I can't go back to edit the size, of course.  I really don't like the "improvements" the Q has claimed it's made to the online interface.  I'll report in as soon as I get my sweater, I hope it fits!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,222
Registered: ‎10-12-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019


@CamilleP wrote:

Moondance and Heather, thank you for letting me know how you chose your sizing.  So far my order has sat in process for long enough that I wonder if there's any chance I'll get my sweater before Thanksgiving.  And yet I can't go back to edit the size, of course.  I really don't like the "improvements" the Q has claimed it's made to the online interface.  I'll report in as soon as I get my sweater, I hope it fits!


Yep, mine is still in process also. However more often than not after it ships it's on my door step in a day or two. Just puzzling why it sits in process so long. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,248
Registered: ‎12-07-2014

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@Moondance @Susan Louise + all

 

Discouraged. This is ruining the joy a bit.

I pre-ordered November 7 BEFORE it was shown.

EDD 11-15. That would be today.

 

You guessed it, still IN PROCESS.

Whaaaat?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,884
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019


@1Professor wrote:

@Moondance @Susan Louise + all

 

Discouraged. This is ruining the joy a bit.

I pre-ordered November 7 BEFORE it was shown.

EDD 11-15. That would be today.

 

You guessed it, still IN PROCESS.

Whaaaat?


 

@1Professor  Sorry to hear your sweater hasn't left the station yet. Mine is currently hanging out near Chicago...at the halfway point to here in Nebraska. The EDD is 11/19 and I placed my order on 11/10.

 

What state are you in?

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,248
Registered: ‎12-07-2014

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019


@Susan Louise wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Moondance @Susan Louise + all

 

Discouraged. This is ruining the joy a bit.

I pre-ordered November 7 BEFORE it was shown.

EDD 11-15. That would be today.

 

You guessed it, still IN PROCESS.

Whaaaat?


 

@1Professor  Sorry to hear your sweater hasn't left the station yet. Mine is currently hanging out near Chicago...at the halfway point to here in Nebraska. The EDD is 11/19 and I placed my order on 11/10.

 

What state are you in?

 

 


@Susan Louise    California.