Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@equss wrote:

@Joizz11  The presentation was on about 30 min ago so video should be up soon.  They showed the funnel neck cardi not the Aran.   I was curious to see the mahogany which ended up being spice color   I'll be curious to hear what you think when you see it.  From the pic i was sure I would want it but luckily i wasn't drawn to it... whew money savedSmiley Happy

I agree the new cardi is high priced especially for a 100% poly sweater!  

@equssI ordered the spruce in the funnel neck cardi.  I thought it was adorable.  I have been wanting that color for awhile now.  I am looking forward the the show at 4 today. With the cool fall weather, I am wearing many of my BFD cardi's.

Valued Contributor

@equss Ooo spice color sounds nice. Now I’m curious. Not a usual style for me would would like to see the video to check it out. There is a 4pm EST BD show on today and I’m sure they will also show the new cardi. Curious to see that but will hold off since that price is a little steep.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@equss @Joizz11 

I'm waiting for the funnel neck video to load too. I like the look of this cardi. In the still pics, of the two lighter colors, it looked as if there was a slight swing, but I didn't see that reflected in the click here measurements. I'm also curious about the funnel neck. Loving the whole look, it's rather retro in the pics and I wonder how the collar will lay. My initial impression was a single button closure at the neckline could offer a bit of wearing options too. Just have to wait a little longer...

The new Aran Cardi is stunning. I do like the two tone patterned print that equss posted upthread alot too. I love that southwest/ethnic vibe. Very attractive. But both are too pricey. Hopefully, the price drops or a coupon will make either of these more feasible. 

Here's a little chuckle... I checked gmadeals dot com earlier and up pops "barefoot" in a similar font as BD. But a closer look showed "scientific" below, only to learn and laugh about a selection of foot care items to be the promo. I really did a momentary double take on this. I wouldn't be surprised if we do see some BD holiday promos there or on the viewyourdeal dot com site in the coming weeks. Both sites are ramping up with holiday shopping.

Trusted Contributor

After seeing the presentaion the Aran sweater is gorgeous. It looks like a tighter more refined knit than the regular cozychic just don't know if I can justify the price but it is in my cart!!  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the funnel neck Cardi but can't decide which color to get. I also love the new poncho but don't know if it would overwhelm me. So they both sit in my cart.🤷🏼‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucylu12 I bought the original beach poncho and also gave one as a gift. If the sizing hasn't changed I can tell you I don't think it overwhelmed 5'3.5 inch height that usually wear xs at qvc. We both liked it... I think the sleeves with ribbed trim  balanced it on our bodies. However the new one has a bold print so not sure if that will change look. It is long and very warm. 

im debating the length of the Aran cardi.... can't decide if it overwhelmed Kari as I'm her height and size.... hmmm. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really liked the funnel neck sweater alot! Just wish Kari hadn't digressed into the fabric just as the sizing was brought up. The only info shared was Brenda in xs and Maria wearing the large. Do you think Kari had on the  small? Did Kari say she was wearing the small in the Aran sweater? Gawd, this lack of sizing info really is a sore spot for me. Especially since there was limited quantities brought in for both of these new items. 

I did enjoy seeing these two new items along with the new mosaic poncho. What a striking beauty in the pink! Not sure how practical that light color would be for me, I'd likely schmutz it up right out of the package. Plus, having a snuggly black kitty monster who'd likely leave his hair all over this beauty. I'll have to admire this vicariously for those who ordered it. 

@Lucylu12, I put three colors of the funnel neck sweater on check while I mull a final decision. The Almond and carbon will coordinate with any color bottom, the light grey would be universal also. The Mahogany looks very attractive too. Is this a new BD color? If not, does anyone own this shade? 

What color(s) are you considering?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Funnel Neck Cardi is new and no Kari never said what size she was wearing. Very frustrating especially in this type of style. Sizing would of been wonderful. That type of fabric I do not like it tight so I probably will go up a size. I love the Almond but I probably would get that messed up quick. My eye is loving the Mahogany and I don't own anything in the Spruce. Really all of the colors were lovely. What to do what to do? I have never seen the Mahogany color. Don't get the name choice, It should of been called Spice or some type of Rust color. Anyway I love the color especially for Fall.

Trusted Contributor

Regarding the new poncho. Do you think the Faded Rose is the color of the body or just referring to the design. To me the body looks ivory? Thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

@equss 

I didn't think the Aran Cardi overwhelmed Kari at all. She does wear some pretty high heeled shoes/boots that would have to be factored in if you or anyone else usually wears a lower heel though.

As an aside...I'd ordered the Cali cardi in small. I'd even mentioned here that my hands couldn't reach the bottom of the pockets. Ordered the xs. Well the difference in length and fit just blew me away. The xs is 31.5" long and the sm is 36" long and totally envelopes me. Checked the size chart and this garment in 2x measures 36" long! I can't believe the how many times I've experienced such blatant differences in sizing. Obvious to me, is the lack of quality control in items made for qvc. It's been frustrating.