Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

[ Edited ]

@IlliniGirl88 

So far, it looks like I'll be keeping the Berry. Like I just mentioned to World Traveler, I've been playing with both colors, as time allows. I am finding some of my accessories are pairing beautifully with both shades. It's been fun. I tried some belts too, and like that look also but need larger belts to go over the additional fabric(s). I have garments in wine, blackberry and raspberry that look very nice as a column of color with the Berry. So it's been fun, just too hot for extended try ons with these fall/winter clothes.

Soooo happy to hear how much you love your Spruce Big Deal!!! Such an interesting color. I like it alot too. Enjoy in the best of times and health! 💖💖💖

I am on waitlist for a small Spruce. If it becomes available, I'll swap my medium. If not, no biggie. I'll just deal with the longer sleeve length and it'll be ok.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS :

I just returned my SMALL SPRUCE. I hope you get it.

Today the medium pacific blue came. I really love the looser casual fit.

Now wondering about the September Special! Guesses?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @1Professor that's very thoughtful of you.😙

Nice to know the Pacific Blue medium will work out well for you too. My Indigo blazer cardi is finally in route.

I'm wondering what the upcoming tsv will be too. Something transitional, playful, personal, newly styled separate, fabrication (saw a beefy boucle on the BD site) ??? And what new colors to dazzle us with again??? Not sure how much more dazzling I can take, but am avidly curious.

Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 @World Traveler @Pecky @1Professor  @AmericanBulldogMom @equss +everyone else 

FYI...Here's the first Mauve Mist posted review. 

Screenshot_2019-08-21-10-15-08-1.png

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS  Saw that last night. Was excited to hear about the color (sounded promising) but worry about the shedding. You know my luck with the light colors which was why I initially said no to the mauve mist. The appeal of the lavender undertone got the best of me though. Ugh! Fingers crossed for lavender and fingers crossed for no shedding. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 We’ll see later today!!  

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom I do believe you are the QUEEN of arm twisting! ha! But you and @rochelleS have rarely sent me in the wrong direction; it's usually a good outcome.

Although I must say, you outdid yourself by making me feel guilty; like I had forsaken the rest of you BD fans by initially not planning to get this cardigan. Smiley LOL

I checked and the Mauve Mist is out for delivery today. I really have LOW expectations of it being the color I want it to be. We'll see. Hopefully, I am pleasantly surprised.

Super Contributor

Just a warning from someone who loves Barefoot Dreams (no trolling here!) ... I received the first of three Big Deal cardigans last night. The berry. So pretty! Very soft. I started to fold up the cardigan to keep it and have it join my way-too-large BFD collection, then something caught my eye. I found THREE large holes in different seams. Frankly, there were probably more, but I quit looking. These were flaws that had already started to open up in the seams - the holes were large (probably from 1.5-3 inches long).

Just a heads-up to check over your garments.

Unfortunately, this went back and I cancelled the two on backorder (that I ordered a day early and obviously way before they sold out BTW).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ladies...mauve mist is in the house!!!

Below is a pic in sunlight. Left bottom is mauve mist, center beach rock, right top faded rose. I don’t know how it will come across everyone’s screens. It definitely is a lavender hue. It is subtle. I see no pink. It is pretty and as long as you are okay with it being subtle in color I think you will be happy. If you are wanting a strong lavender, then you won’t be. Looking forward to others thoughts.....

16F28934-6FA3-41D9-837B-8D8F4A9E1901.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now i am (and have been for awhile now) staring at my BD stash folded and stacked on top of each other with mauve mist on top. It’s without a doubt lavender ladies. Quite pretty I must say. Its not pink, taupe or grey, its lavender!!

Also wanted to mention the carbon was delivered today. I really like it. I didn’t think with my other black or grey BD cardi’s it was worth getting. I was wrong. It’s different enough and looked great over my black top. Very happy with this one too!! 

Honored Contributor

Oh, thanks for showing the three colors. I think I will like the Lavender Mist when I get home. Smiley Happy