Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler Thanks for the response. Maybe I should try the sleeveless top as you must love it to own in all colors!  Have to say the shape of it looks alittle more flattering than capped sleeve t.  I have to take another look at the sleeveless in beach rock, so I can wear with my duster. As for the hoodie I love it, but realize long sleeves may not be the way to go for summer(want that sea saltSmiley Happy

Darn just saw the maxi dress in ultra on bd site.  Too cute but likely too long & low cut for me.  I actually called and shes going to get length for me and email.

@World Traveler wrote:

@equss The Ultra Lite pieces I have (which are many!) are my favorite fabrication of Barefoot Dreams. Unfortunately, I didn't start getting them until this winter, so I don't know how they will be in the summer. I have all the colors of the sleeveless tee in the Ultra Lite, and have all the colors in the slouchy pullover in the Ultra Lite.

They definitely feel good to me, but haven't had a chance to wear them in 80+ degrees yet. I have used them under jackets/cardis so far.

Darn just saw the maxi in ultra lite.  have to call on that but will probably be too long for me

I'm thinking they would be just fine in hotter temperatures, because I believe the BD shorts are made with the Ultra Lite fabrication. I wouldn't think they would do that with the shorts if they weren't cool to wear.

I plan to keep my Ultra Lite sleeveless tees out and not pack them away yet. I'm curious to know too.

Honored Contributor

@equss Sea Salt is WONDERFUL!

Its official name is the CozyChic Ultra Lite Boatneck Tee, as I think there are other sleeveless tees. I like the ribbing on the front of it. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 9.56.50 AM.png

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler  Perfect I will get the sea salt in the sleeveless  Is it generous enough you sized down or did you stick with you normal bd size. I don't mind a relaxed fit as long as the armholes don't show my bra. I'm always in beween sizes which makes it hard.  I al loving that maxi dress...think Id wear as a dress and a nightgown.  Hope its not too long.  Plus thinking it would look nice with duster if I want more modesty.

Oh why did I have to see it!

Honored Contributor

@equss Also........any fan of the Ultra Lite will probably like the CozyChic Ultra Lite Contrast Tipped Cardi. I have both colors. Have not seen this on QVC, so I purchased them both from BD directly. They are really nice when you don't need the very heavy, thicker cardis we all purchased this past winter.

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 10.03.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 10.03.43 AM.png

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler   Very cute cardis!!  Love pics with maxi and jeans.  Im a jeans person so not sure why Im crazy about the maxi but I am.  As a side note, I bought the Laurie Felt TSV  in the smaller of my sizes (trimmer fit) .... they look so good with all my BD topsSmiley Happy  I really think Laurie Felt  did an awesome and different take on the boyfriend jean.   Im looking forward to wearing lots of ultra lite and think that sleeveless will be perfect with those jeans.  Thanks for the info 

Honored Contributor

@equss Purchased the Boatneck Tee in both the my regular size, Medium, and a size bigger, Large. That is because I didn't know how it would fit me.

When I found the large is not a problem, but the medium was better, I tried to get them in medium. It really depended upon which size/color was available when I was purchasing it.

There is a slight difference in length and the opening for the arm between the two sizes. Since so far I have only worn them under something, that difference doesn't matter. However, if I am to wear them all by themselves, without anything over them, I like the larger size.....more relaxed.

I guess it would depend upon how you want it to fit on you......closer to the body or more of a slouchy/relaxed look. Whether your chest area needs more room or not.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sizing info.  I definitely enjoy a more relaxed fit especially when hot.  I am pretty small up top which is why I have to worry about armholes being too large.  Good news is I have to order from bd site to get my size in sea salt and they are easy returns

Honored Contributor

@equss Looks like the model with the jeans is wearing the Malibu Collection Tee under it. I tried the Malibu tee one time, but for me it was too thin. But it looks great the way she is wearing it. Others on this forum got the Malibu tee and love the fabrication.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler  I prefer the neckline on the boatneck sleeveless.  I suspect I wouldn't like the malibu t neckline, so haven't bothered trying it yet.  it is cute on the model tho!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler, @equss  and anyone else interested:  I haven't read through all the latest entries, so apologize if this has already been posted.  I just noticed two NEW colors for the slouchy pullover A342879, Sea Salt and Meadow Green and I just placed an order for both.  I absolutely LOVE the slouchy pullover.