Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12 

Yes I did see the pearl stone and the rose pink. Immediately ordered both and , got the thank for your order message , immediately checked my order status and neither were there. Been on the phone with CS, and nope, definitely not in my account. The system apparentlt ate 'em. Of course they're gone now. The blue combo was available too. But much thanks for the heads up. 

How odd, however I have had that happen and the next day there it is in my order status.

Its happened more than once and I check my order status and it's not there and I think where did it go. I check a few more times and then give up. I even call the automated number to see what my last order is and it's not there, but the next day there it is.

So check your order status in the morning. You never know.

I had placed an order for the scarf and hat set in another color and I checked after I wrote this and my order was not there, however I just checked again and it's there, so be sure to check your order status again. I bet it's now showing in your order status.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HeatherAG wrote:

I received the pearl TSV yesterday and WOW!!! is it gorgeous. I'm not really a hood person, but this *might* be my favorite BFD piece yet and I have about 30. Am stilling waiting on the berry, but am thrilled with this first TSV. Plus, luck was on my side when a couple of weeks ago and I snagged the pearl/stone hat and scarf set, which is stunning and so soft ... loved it so much that I bought two other colors (berry and blue). Denver is a layering place and I need to keep warm for 1 a.m. dog walks. The details with the ribbing on the TSV combined with the material really do make it quite elegant for a hooded cardigan. Two thumbs up!

@HeatherAG  I got the spruce and berry.  I was hesitant about the berry when I saw it on line as I didn't want a muted pink.  But, the berry is fabulous IMHO!  I think you will love it!  I do think this is my favorite BFD cardigan ever.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 

Wow, never would've thought to check my order status again. Sure enough, they were there and already shipped! I called CS and the rep has seen this before and then gladly adjusted the price and shipping for me. So I'm truly looking forward to receiving the pearl/stone and rose/pink pom pom beanie and scarves by the 24th. What an odd glitch and thank you so much for this heads up and sharing your experience too. 

On another note...sit down my friend. That second Almond Boucle that fit so perfectly...well, slipped it over my shoulders last nite, I was chilled, and shortly started sneezing, with runny eyes and nose, extremely congested, like a sick child. With closer inspection I could tell it had been laundered, a faint scent of detergent and the texture was slightly different, a little tighter and closer and very slightly matted. Off it came and my 'cold' like allergic symptoms stopped. I'm just greatful it didn't trigger a migraine. So, back it goes. 

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12 

Wow, never would've thought to check my order status again. Sure enough, they were there and already shipped! I called CS and the rep has seen this before and then gladly adjusted the price and shipping for me. So I'm truly looking forward to receiving the pearl/stone and rose/pink pom pom beanie and scarves by the 24th. What an odd glitch and thank you so much for this heads up and sharing your experience too. 

On another note...sit down my friend. That second Almond Boucle that fit so perfectly...well, slipped it over my shoulders last nite, I was chilled, and shortly started sneezing, with runny eyes and nose, extremely congested, like a sick child. With closer inspection I could tell it had been laundered, a faint scent of detergent and the texture was slightly different, a little tighter and closer and very slightly matted. Off it came and my 'cold' like allergic symptoms stopped. I'm just greatful it didn't trigger a migraine. So, back it goes. 

It's a good thing I was sitting I would of fell over. Seems this Cardi just isn't meant to be.

What a shame. Are you going to try to get another one or are you giving up. 
As far as my second POM POM Hat and Scarf set they adjusted the price but not the free shipping. But that's Ok you win some and you loose some. 
Now as far as my Spruce goes, don't laugh but I am actually keeping the sm/med.

i like the length better and I wanted it for outer wear like a coat since I live in the South.

The smaller size for me fit more like a cardigan and I decided it wasn't the look I was going for. I must of went back and forth trying these two on million times and each time I favored the larger of the two. So back goes the other one, at least I don't have to wonder about a size down anymore. So I am happy with it. I really like the length of the larger of two on me and that was the deciding factor.

Well I hope you got over your reaction quickly and I am so happy you snagged the scarf set. I had a feeling it would show up.

Happy Holidays🎅🏻🎄🤶🏻And a Wonderful New Year

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucylu12 

I understand about your liking the length on the larger Boucle. That impressed me too. With that being said and noting the difference and perfect fit of my no.2 Almond, you might venture laundering yours for some potential shrinkage. It is the sleeve length that was shorter and a much nicer fit and look on. The length and body seemed fine. I'm going to double check the measurements again and will look for some larger coat sized hangers I may have downstairs and hang them all uniformly and take a picture of this motley lot.

I'm almost done...I had a sm/med Beach Rock on check. Unfortunately, the only way to do a free exchange is for CS to pull one from existing inventory. None currently exist and a check held item will not work with how that process is set up. Today's rep adjusted the price and free ship and again expedited shipping at no extra cost. After this last and final ridiculous attempt, I will be done, done, done. I've no more energy to expend on this. It's too frustrating and mind boggling at the utter lack of quality control, much less the time and money ...

Today's rep also said she must report adverse reactions to items sent out. So, I'll probably get another call from the Presidents Office. This makes number 4. The other BD items were heavily Frebreezed or saturated in horrible perfume. FreBreez is very dangerous for me. A few years ago I ended up in hospital with was thought to be a stroke. I started to lose my vision. Turned out to be a migraine that imitated a stroke. Two days in hospital and beyond scary. All from a heavily FreBreezed ebay garment.

I think I'm coming down with something. I was power sneezing earlier yesterday, prior to putting no.2 Almond on. That's usually my precursor to a cold or flu. It had stopped before putting on the sweater but the other symptoms started which I thought odd as I'd taken my usual otc meds that historically quiet the onset. A half hour after I removed the sweater, I was no longer hecky fecky. I then realized that this was a laundered garment. Today I have no taste and feel achy and a bit off. Geez, it's no time to get sick. Is there ever a good time. NOO. I slept with the pom pom beanie on and wrapped myself in a Softies throw (like BD) last night to stay cozy. I'm nursing with some great tea and rewatching Downtown Abbey today.

One last thought...if you (or I) do consider laundering the Boucle, you might add a couple tennis balls in the dryer. Helps keep items soft and fluffy. I've used them with towels where I don't use any fabric softener. Works well for me.

Thanks for your kind conversation, support and heads up on the hat/scarves. ❤

Happy, Happy Holidays!!!

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Lucylu12 

I understand about your liking the length on the larger Boucle. That impressed me too. With that being said and noting the difference and perfect fit of my no.2 Almond, you might venture laundering yours for some potential shrinkage. It is the sleeve length that was shorter and a much nicer fit and look on. The length and body seemed fine. I'm going to double check the measurements again and will look for some larger coat sized hangers I may have downstairs and hang them all uniformly and take a picture of this motley lot.

I'm almost done...I had a sm/med Beach Rock on check. Unfortunately, the only way to do a free exchange is for CS to pull one from existing inventory. None currently exist and a check held item will not work with how that process is set up. Today's rep adjusted the price and free ship and again expedited shipping at no extra cost. After this last and final ridiculous attempt, I will be done, done, done. I've no more energy to expend on this. It's too frustrating and mind boggling at the utter lack of quality control, much less the time and money ...

Today's rep also said she must report adverse reactions to items sent out. So, I'll probably get another call from the Presidents Office. This makes number 4. The other BD items were heavily Frebreezed or saturated in horrible perfume. FreBreez is very dangerous for me. A few years ago I ended up in hospital with was thought to be a stroke. I started to lose my vision. Turned out to be a migraine that imitated a stroke. Two days in hospital and beyond scary. All from a heavily FreBreezed ebay garment.

I think I'm coming down with something. I was power sneezing earlier yesterday, prior to putting no.2 Almond on. That's usually my precursor to a cold or flu. It had stopped before putting on the sweater but the other symptoms started which I thought odd as I'd taken my usual otc meds that historically quiet the onset. A half hour after I removed the sweater, I was no longer hecky fecky. I then realized that this was a laundered garment. Today I have no taste and feel achy and a bit off. Geez, it's no time to get sick. Is there ever a good time. NOO. I slept with the pom pom beanie on and wrapped myself in a Softies throw (like BD) last night to stay cozy. I'm nursing with some great tea and rewatching Downtown Abbey today.

One last thought...if you (or I) do consider laundering the Boucle, you might add a couple tennis balls in the dryer. Helps keep items soft and fluffy. I've used them with towels where I don't use any fabric softener. Works well for me.

Thanks for your kind conversation, support and heads up on the hat/scarves. ❤

Happy, Happy Holidays!!!

I may take your advice and try washing it. Need to get some tennis balls. Hopefully the one you have you have coming will work out for you. It just has to. You have had a run of bad luck. 
I sure hope you are feeling better or what ever bug you have is short lived.

i have also enjoyed our conversations and input and help. It's been wonderful chatting with you.

Happy Holidays and I am sure we will have many conversations to come in the New Year.

🥳🍾🥳

Respected Contributor

My teenage son has coveted my Barefoot Dreams sweaters since I started purchasing them. He asks for one every time they’re a TSV. The conversation always goes: “Dude, it’s a ladies sweater.” “I don’t care, it’s like wearing a baby blanket”.

I ordered the men’s hoodie for him for Christmas. I just wrapped it and it’s so beautifully made. I can’t wait for him to open it.
Trusted Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
My teenage son has coveted my Barefoot Dreams sweaters since I started purchasing them. He asks for one every time they’re a TSV. The conversation always goes: “Dude, it’s a ladies sweater.” “I don’t care, it’s like wearing a baby blanket”.

I ordered the men’s hoodie for him for Christmas. I just wrapped it and it’s so beautifully made. I can’t wait for him to open it.

This made my day. Barefoot Dreams is made for everyone and anyone. I know he love it and what a great Mom you are. He will get addicted for sure so watch out, you started something, but that's a good thing. Maybe a new Christmas Tradition 😊

Regular Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

One of my male coworkers was cold a few weeks ago and I told him to use one of my cozychic sweaters that I usually have on my desk.  It was too small for him so he just used it as a shawl kind of look lol.  Then started asking: "what is this?" followed by: "this is awesome!  I'm going to fall asleep" I told him it is Barefoot Dreams, it's like being relaxed all the time.  Then I showed him all the places he can get it and he just got the blue camo hoodie at Nordstrom.  He loves it.

Regular Contributor

@Beeweaver wrote:

@HeatherAG wrote:

I received the pearl TSV yesterday and WOW!!! is it gorgeous. I'm not really a hood person, but this *might* be my favorite BFD piece yet and I have about 30. Am stilling waiting on the berry, but am thrilled with this first TSV. Plus, luck was on my side when a couple of weeks ago and I snagged the pearl/stone hat and scarf set, which is stunning and so soft ... loved it so much that I bought two other colors (berry and blue). Denver is a layering place and I need to keep warm for 1 a.m. dog walks. The details with the ribbing on the TSV combined with the material really do make it quite elegant for a hooded cardigan. Two thumbs up!

@HeatherAG  I got the spruce and berry.  I was hesitant about the berry when I saw it on line as I didn't want a muted pink.  But, the berry is fabulous IMHO!  I think you will love it!  I do think this is my favorite BFD cardigan ever.  Smiley Happy

I received all my TSVs today.  The pearl is to die for.  Still on the fence about the other two.  I like the baja blue but I don't love it and I'm not sure about the berry either.  I need to know I will use these jackets a lot with other pieces of my wardrobe to justify their cost.  Also, for some reason the berry fits a bit tighter than the other two jackets.  Is that possible?  I will probably exchange one of them for a black.