Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@tsavorite 

All of my BD Spruce garments are a greyed green. (I see no blue at all) I guess, depending on what color you might call Moss, would determine using that as a reference. There's Spanish Moss that, imo, is a very light grey green to a variety of shades I see in my garden that are darker and some look like a rich forest green color. There's a huge range of hues in the Moss family. HTH.

Regular Contributor

I received the TSV in the pearl color yesterday, and it is GORGEOUS!  This is one of my favorite styles, and the beautiful creamy color makes it perfect.

Frequent Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@sunshine45 @World Traveler @Lucylu12 @rochelleS @Pecky + all:

It looks like the Q is WITHHOLDING reviews on this iterm for the moment. Not nice.

It was offered on presale, so many have now received theirs. Reviews help others decide, not only whether to buy, but colors, sizing and more.

I just received the Baja Blue.

Won't let me review.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 4.08.04 PM.png

Why is the one is this picture so short? It’s knee length in the presentation, even on the tall models. 
Regular Contributor

@Lilybean678 wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@sunshine45 @World Traveler @Lucylu12 @rochelleS @Pecky + all:

It looks like the Q is WITHHOLDING reviews on this iterm for the moment. Not nice.

It was offered on presale, so many have now received theirs. Reviews help others decide, not only whether to buy, but colors, sizing and more.

I just received the Baja Blue.

Won't let me review.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 4.08.04 PM.png

Why is the one is this picture so short? It’s knee length in the presentation, even on the tall models. 

Maybe the model is wearing the smallest size and she is super tall?  It does look cute on her.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@1Professor 

@Pecky 

instead of waiting for the reviews you can also ask/answer questions on the item page. i see a number of questions and comments. it may help some.

@1Professor 

@Pecky 

you should be able to leave a review now. i see one review has posted.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I caved and got two TSVs.  One in Baja Blue and the other one in Berry.  I love cozychic lite.  I hope I like the berry because I haven't seen reviews on that color.  However I have a place for it in my closet because I wear a lot of fushia and hot pink colors.  Oh and both are fantastic with black and gray.  I knew I didn't have these and I know I can mix and match with what I already own.  I hope you all love yours and I really hope they arrive before Christmas because I've been disappointed with the Q's shipping this season.

Respected Contributor

I have gone back and forth on this item!  One minute maybe the spruce then I see it again and realize nope not the right color for me.  Then I go back to my original choice...berry!  But in the question area of item page someone got the berry and said both the blue and berry are DULL and MUTED colors.  That doesn't look like what I see on air!  

Then the sizing...that is driving me crazy LOL!  I finally would go with the XS which is what I have done in the past (I own 2 BFD cardi's).  Also I do not own this fabric in BFD's....only have the heavier ones.

Now I see the model on air Rachel...she's 5' 2"...and in the XS Pearl....it looks WAY to big and sloppy on her IMO.  I would hate it if it was that long in the sleeves and giant like that on me.

The rep Kari (I think that's her name) all day says she's in the XS....the other day she was in the S....for some reason she is the same height as the model Rachel but it looks correct on the rep/vendor!  

Conclusion LOL....either the colors are running larger or smaller depending on which one you get home.

Dizzing LOL!!  What to do....I want the berry BUT I do not want a dull muted color...I want a vibrant berry color.  And I want it to fit correctly like the vendor.  

If anyone got the berry please post your ideas on the color....on my TV it looks vibrant...kinda raspberry in color which would be awesome.

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Pickle wrote:

I got the spruce, espresso, Baja blue, and pearl tonight. They all arrived in just a few days, which was a nice surprise!  They're gorgeous. I also picked up the scarf/beanie set in vintage rose/ballet pink, indigo/deep sea, spruce grey, and black/ carbon. I might go back for the TSV in black. It's very flattering. I like the hood, it's not cumbersome at all. 

Edited to say I caved on the black, it's so cute and I love the hood. They even offered to upgrade my shipping for free. Nice move QVC. 😃

Do you like the Spuce Gray combo in the scarf and hat set and do you think this will coordinate with the Boucle Cardi in Spruce. I just received the Boucle Cardi in Spruce and I love and I love the color. So different. I feel like the colors should go together nicely but I haven't seen a good presentation of the scarf and hat set, maybe today hopefully

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

I have gone back and forth on this item!  One minute maybe the spruce then I see it again and realize nope not the right color for me.  Then I go back to my original choice...berry!  But in the question area of item page someone got the berry and said both the blue and berry are DULL and MUTED colors.  That doesn't look like what I see on air!  

Then the sizing...that is driving me crazy LOL!  I finally would go with the XS which is what I have done in the past (I own 2 BFD cardi's).  Also I do not own this fabric in BFD's....only have the heavier ones.

Now I see the model on air Rachel...she's 5' 2"...and in the XS Pearl....it looks WAY to big and sloppy on her IMO.  I would hate it if it was that long in the sleeves and giant like that on me.

The rep Kari (I think that's her name) all day says she's in the XS....the other day she was in the S....for some reason she is the same height as the model Rachel but it looks correct on the rep/vendor!  

Conclusion LOL....either the colors are running larger or smaller depending on which one you get home.

Dizzing LOL!!  What to do....I want the berry BUT I do not want a dull muted color...I want a vibrant berry color.  And I want it to fit correctly like the vendor.  

If anyone got the berry please post your ideas on the color....on my TV it looks vibrant...kinda raspberry in color which would be awesome.

@tsavorite 

Take a look at the video for this item. The berry looks more true in color and similar to mine. The set lights there aren't skewing the color as much as they did when it was originally offered...which looked much brighter and richer than it actually is in person. I also own the spruce in this, plus a couple other garments too.

Screenshot_2019-12-14-13-03-17-1.png

I would not call this a bright vibrant berry color, yet it is the "brightest" BD I own. I too, was looking for more depth and a richer red tone, ala a little red riding hood kind of look. There's much  too much pink to my eye, and didn't fulfill that kind of look for me.I did keep it though and wear it in the warmer weather where the softer color works better seasonally, for me. Not my favorite but I made it work.

I'd suggest looking at the Garnet shade. It's deeper, richer and leans more towards the jewel tones in a richer berry hue. I prefer this color on and for moi.

Most all of BD colors are soft and often muted. Their homage to nature that is so often mentioned. The Spruce falls into this category. I lived in rich taupe shades when I had a suit job and this color is right in my wheelhouse. I think it's very handsome and understated. I've paired it with other olives and very dark greens and pulled the combo together with accessories, quite nicely. The right undertone in taupe (and grey) works along with cream, ivory, winter white. Dark plum and wines, charcoal grey and denim pair nicely too. Do you wear autumnal shades? This is definitely one of them.

As for sizing...most of the time I'm a small in BD. I've gone up or down depending on the garment or look/fit feedback, often from the fans posting here. When in doubt, I'll check hold another size until I receive said garment. It's a rare choice I don't prefer doing but have seen too many sizes dissappear from under me. I will cxl or order immediately so as not to tie up inventory. And Kari is busty, you can see when she sizes up more of her chest is covered and there less or no gap in the front panels of her garment. If I were to order, I'd stick to my usual sz small.

I may be throwing a ringer into your indecisions, yet wanted to share two colors currently available in the Softies brand (a BD alternative) currently on sale on gmadeals dot com. There's an Emerald Blue and Vintage Fuchsia in a draped front cardi that are truly magnificent colors. Deep, rich and very luxe shades that 'bout knocked me over when mine arrived. Practically brought tears when I opened that pkg. The pics are good but in person, WOW!!! The deep teal green and regal dark fuchsia are a sight to be seen. Hope you don't mind my sharing this...

Regular Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I hear you.  Maybe some colors are slighty looser fit than others?  Rachel is wearing the blue right now and it doesn't look like the pearl did in the previous presentation.  It looks really nice on her.  I am debating whether to go back and switch to a XS, but S is my size in BD and I am afraid if I pick the XS it might feel too tight on my arms.  I'll probably won't have too long of a time frame to switch my order...decisions decisions...