Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler @Lucylu12 @blackhole99 @equss @AmericanBulldogMom @Kachina624 @Pecky @sunshine45 @rochelleS   + all

Actually, I'm loving the cozy camo:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.17.58 PM.png

Amuses me to have a "camo jacket" in a sweater.

l've been loving the BD greens.

Guessing I should go M instead of S. BD sizing.

As a S in most Q clothes, I'm closer to a size 8 than a 4-6.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.35.03 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@World Traveler @Lucylu12 @blackhole99 @equss @AmericanBulldogMom @Kachina624 @Pecky @sunshine45 @rochelleS   + all

@1Professor wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@1ProfessorI am heading in that direction too!

Valued Contributor

@1Professor, @Pecky I have camo in spanx leggings and like them but would never think of this print for a cardigan. However, the more I look at it the more it is appealing to me. The green is such a nice color. Can’t wait to see the presentation. Looks very nicely done.
Respected Contributor

@Pecky @Joizz11 

I bit last night.

So many lush greens.

Will look fab with all black or charcoal (my defaults), then, of course, denim.

Did NOT (rare for me these days) expedite.

Content to endure the Slow Wait of Free Shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor @Joizz11 @Pecky 

I love the green camo too. I agree with you, 1Professor, the BD greens are great. I put a sz small on check and will wait and watch the presentation. I like the animal print also but not sure of the light grey trim in the photo. I would of preferred black trim.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor I am definitely going for the cream and waiting on the presentation for the camo. I do like the camo, just out of my "norm". 

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@1Professor I am definitely going for the cream and waiting on the presentation for the camo. I do like the camo, just out of my "norm". 

@AmericanBulldogMom 

That cream is luxe, for sure.

It falls into the "You'll just get something on it and ruin it" voice in my head (from my sweet mother).

Smiles.

Esteemed Contributor

@equss wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@equss 

Hi, have you or anyone else heard of Softies? (softiespjs dot com) Another Oprah pick for the past couple of years that sounds similar to BD. GMA Deals had a promo sale, featuring a 50" × 70" ribbed throw and a Cozy Cloud Cardi, both offered for $44 and retail at $99 each. Free shipping too. I picked up a couple throws and a cardi, for gifts. I thought the price was good, along with reviews on amazon.  We'll see...

Screenshot_2019-10-12-09-28-33-1.png

@rochelleS  I haven't heard of this brand,  but will check it out. They offer some very pretty colors. Please let us know what you think when items received. Thanks for sharing?

@equss @tk1234  + everyone else...

Finally received my Softies order. There was an issue with the delivery but it finally showed up. (UPS mixup)

The cardi pictured above is quite nice

It's a lighter fabrication, similar to BD's Cozychic Ultra Lite in appearance and weight. The construction is truly impeccable. I'm very impressed. Plus it has those nifty little thumb holes which are also doubly reinforced. The waterfall ish front drape is understated and falls cleanly without bulk. It give a this a subtle style with a pleasing to the eye look. The sleeves are an appropriate length and the whole arm fits beautifully without any constriction. In fact I can layer nicely underneath without losing any of the clean lines in this garment. 

I ordered the Emerald Blie cardi in s/m for me and the Magenta in l/xl for Sis. Both are very saturated, rich, and very luxe jewel tones. The Emerald Blue is a really pretty deep green/blue teal in person. The Magenta (might be called Fuchsia?) is just gorgeous, equally riche and frankly, striking in person. I ordered the throws in Sky Blue, which is again a saturated shade along the lines of a French Blue imo. Not a pastel. A happy color. Also got the grey throw, which is a darker mid tone shade. Very handsome, gender friendly neutral. The throws are thin, but seem a bit more than the CozyChic Ulta Lite density but maybe it's because they're ribbed. Generously sized at 50" × 70". Very nice and a great gift! (I do not own any BD throws or blankets to compare)

Overall, this purchase gets an A+. The photos do not due the colors or cardi their true justice. The cardi really is adorable, the throws are well above average and the price point was great for both. Highly recommended. ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  I saw the cream on Jen Coffey and it looked awesome.  I am waiting for the presentation.

Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@equss wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@equss 

Hi, have you or anyone else heard of Softies? (softiespjs dot com) Another Oprah pick for the past couple of years that sounds similar to BD. GMA Deals had a promo sale, featuring a 50" × 70" ribbed throw and a Cozy Cloud Cardi, both offered for $44 and retail at $99 each. Free shipping too. I picked up a couple throws and a cardi, for gifts. I thought the price was good, along with reviews on amazon.  We'll see...

Screenshot_2019-10-12-09-28-33-1.png

@rochelleS  I haven't heard of this brand,  but will check it out. They offer some very pretty colors. Please let us know what you think when items received. Thanks for sharing?

@equss @tk1234  + everyone else...

Finally received my Softies order. There was an issue with the delivery but it finally showed up. (UPS mixup)

The cardi pictured above is quite nice

It's a lighter fabrication, similar to BD's Cozychic Ultra Lite in appearance and weight. The construction is truly impeccable. I'm very impressed. Plus it has those nifty little thumb holes which are also doubly reinforced. The waterfall ish front drape is understated and falls cleanly without bulk. It give a this a subtle style with a pleasing to the eye look. The sleeves are an appropriate length and the whole arm fits beautifully without any constriction. In fact I can layer nicely underneath without losing any of the clean lines in this garment. 

I ordered the Emerald Blie cardi in s/m for me and the Magenta in l/xl for Sis. Both are very saturated, rich, and very luxe jewel tones. The Emerald Blue is a really pretty deep green/blue teal in person. The Magenta (might be called Fuchsia?) is just gorgeous, equally riche and frankly, striking in person. I ordered the throws in Sky Blue, which is again a saturated shade along the lines of a French Blue imo. Not a pastel. A happy color. Also got the grey throw, which is a darker mid tone shade. Very handsome, gender friendly neutral. The throws are thin, but seem a bit more than the CozyChic Ulta Lite density but maybe it's because they're ribbed. Generously sized at 50" × 70". Very nice and a great gift! (I do not own any BD throws or blankets to compare)

Overall, this purchase gets an A+. The photos do not due the colors or cardi their true justice. The cardi really is adorable, the throws are well above average and the price point was great for both. Highly recommended. ♡♡♡

Hi, there, 

Thank you for the tech support to show how to put a reply in the correct spot.

It is good to know that you are happy.   I was pretty sure that you would be.   Sometimes the brand is on Zulily.   I bought several pieces on that site. 

The direct site is softiespjs dot com.  They sent an email with a 20% code valid thru midnight PT 11.10.19.  It is: OPRAH

At first glance, the code does not appear on the site.  Sometimes they have technical glitches with their codes, as they are mostly a wholesale distribution business, as opposed to retail.   If you have trouble, call customer service.   They usually have a voice mail that answers.   If you leave a message,  they are good about calling back.  It may take up to a day, but they have always returned my call.

The Zulily prices are usually the best that I have seen for the line, just as their BD prices are good.  But, I have only seen events for either of those brands two or three times a year. 

Enjoy your new cardigan!