Valued Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@equss I think the Aran cardi is very pretty. Very true that when you add up the cost of other items it may come to the price of this one. At first I thought the midnight was blue but here it was black/carbon. I think it is a classy piece and feel that if you love it and will wear it then go for it. Idk if I would wear it enough to justify the price for me. I also tried to hold off because in my mind since there was a tsv last December it may come again this year or at least some other new pieces to decide from. Very difficult decisions because everything is so lovely looking. I think I’m better off if I don’t watch however then I would be curious anyway 😂. Let me know what you decide sizes and colors for the Aran are. Ow more selective at this time.
Esteemed Contributor

@Joizz11 

I spoke with BD CS earlier and there will be another upcoming tsv. The rep didn't know the date or what'll be offered at this time. 👍😊🤔

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS I had a feeling!!! I’m thinking December which was last years TSV around the holiday. Oh boy decisions decisions.
Trusted Contributor

@Joizz11  @rochelleS  Another tsv😳 oh my!!  I was wondering how many other great items will debut?!  @rochelleS  Did talking to cs help you decide if you were buying anything?

@Joizz11  Thank you for your thoughts on the Aran. If I purchase I'd get it from bd... no advantage/savings ordering from qvc on this item ( except extended returns).  I'm still on the fence because the only way I can tell if I like the tighter knit is by ordering it.( or wait for reviews). Kari did say the gauge on the new poncho was tighter and shorter to get the design... but the camera views didn't help me understand how it actually looks. 

I can't imagine they'd do another cardi tsv this year because theyv e already had several. To be honest it would not surprise me if they have a tsv and big deal!

Esteemed Contributor

@equss 

BD CS is so helpful. It's great we have them as a resource. I'd called about sizing on the new funnel neck sweater. Alissa suggested I stay with my regular size small, but...as @Lucylu12 pointed out, there's little difference by going up a size. I'm looking at the sweep measurements. Would like to make sure there's enough ease without being too big. The way I'm seeing it is the wide ribbing running down the front looks to be 4 - 6" wide,(?) and if worn closed, one side will overlap the other, losing part of that 12.5" measurement, indicated on the front lower panel. I'm looking to ascertain if this would be adequate in my size small or go up to the medium. Haven't made a final decision yet. Btw, this funnel neck sweater is exclusive to the Q. My reference is the sz small v neck button cardi recently offered, and is a perfect fit on me.

Alissa, the BD CS rep was wearing the Aran sweater today. She loves it! She also owns the two toned southwestern motif long cardi posted upthread.  She said the Aran was heavier, a tighter knit, than the other, which is called something like Tocanya...don't quote me on that name though. I'm recalling it from our earlier conversation and didn’t confirm.

Decisions, decisions! Yes indeedy. Not only the upcoming tsv but Linea has a faux suede trench Big Deal tonite that I was going to pass on ...until I saw it modeled on Louis' facebook ( no sign in needed) and my, is it simply gorgeous. Dam 😚🙄🤔

Here's the funnel neck sweater size chart, in case you all care to look and see that lower sweep I'd mentioned. Any feedback is welcomed too.

Screenshot_2019-10-15-10-53-33-1.png

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS   Once again you are a wealth of information🙌🏻    
I am trying to be very selective and consume less, but that trench looks very nice!  I haven't seen Linea  faux suede but ive seen great reviews.  Outerwear is my biggest weakness ( I look at the Aran cardi as outerwear because I know it will be very warm).   

I better NOT watch the big deal tonight because the loden and vino might temptSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 

I'm relatively new to BD. I started my journey in the early spring. There's been no looking back! I am a tactile person, very touchy feely, and this brand is swoon worthy, almost beyond description, it's that amazing! There's various weights or thicknesses offered, along with a large selection of styles to suit your needs. I do like many of the newer offerings, in that some more stylized garments are being added to the collection since my introduction. I like the options of lounge to casual day wear to the ability to dress up a garment in the many (and more coming) items offered. I like their friendly, helpful cs, if needed. 

There has been a learning curve in sizing for me. Unfortunately,  the qvc hosts are lackluster in providing adequate info. But, fortunately there's this wonderful group of fans here ready and willing to assist. Just ask!

I will say the brand does have longer than average sleeve lengths. So don't be taken aback if you receive such an item. I guess it must be part of their California casual styling. Some garments run snug in the arms too. The garment will relax with wear but if this is a concern, especially if you layer...we will help you. Otherwise, it's a wonderful and fun brand to own. Definitely love at first touch and easy care without the expense of luxury cashmere. Welcome aboard!

Esteemed Contributor

@equss 

I just pass on what I see and hear, with the hope that others too, may benefit. I've been trying to decide between the spruce or carbon funnel neck sweater and find myself buried in my closet mixing and matching, looking for the best and most suitable companions. First I think one will be better than the other then I change my mind. I think I'm leaning toward the carbon, at least for now. 😊🤔😯

Don't watch the Big Deal if outerwear is your weakness. He makes amazing coats! I have both the original trench, shorter like tonight's offer and last year's midi trench. Beyond fabulous!  Some Linea Ladies say these are comparable to Burberry and other high ticket trenches. The attention to detail leaves nothing untouched. I do own his faux suede ankle pants and they are verrry nice. Plus there's a boot cut coming too. Ouch, my cc just bit me. 

I love the Aran long cardi. It's a true beauty. This would only work on its own into late fall. It gets too cold in the midwest as a stand alone winter outerwear garment for me. I hopened BD  has a special sale as the holidays near. I spent alot on BD gifts last month. I need a little breather. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS   When I chatted with BD CS today the gal told me her coworker was wearing the Aran and its so pretty she ordered one for herself...that made me smile.  I did ask about the length of the Topanga and Aran and you are correct they are the same length and fit.  So, I ordered the almond which means the only thing I get to watch tonight is the debates...no QVC2 for me.  My credit card is on furlough!  I just hope the holiday BD releases dont appeal to me (fat chance!).

I look forward to hearing which funnel neck you get and what you think when its received!

Oh...and if you get the trench!

PS I live in a cold climate too but the Aran will work over leggings when I run from car to gym

Esteemed Contributor

Mazel tov on ordering the Aran Cardi @equss !!! It's sooo pretty and I can't wait to hear about it when it arrives. Did you order it from the Q? Gotta luv the ez pays and free shipping that's still offered. Awww, I'm truly excited for you!

Still deciding on colors but all is tabled for evening. I will let you know though. Did you decide to pick up this funnel neck sweater? 

I recently purchased a vintage embroidered boucle Linea coat on ebay. A gorgeous rich brown. (posted pic in the Linea forum in the trench coat thread) I've been collecting vintage Linea for years. So I don't need another coat but during my color decision foray, I've got my faux suede pants out and have been admiring, and petting this lovely fabric. It really is super duper nice...I will watch tonight and will try to keep my wits about me and refrain.