Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

[ Edited ]

(I do not know why I am not showing my answers as replies, but this is for rochelleS.)

I have a lot of Paddi Murphy Softies.   The softness and quality are equal to Barefoot Dreams. 

Their lounge set tops can be worn outside of the home.  The bottoms are good quality rayon/spandex, but I would not wear them out and about for modesty reasons.

The fabrications have different knit patterns and weights, like BD.   What they call "chenille" is lighter than their rayon/nylon.  I do not believe that any are as heavy as regular cozychic. 

For their robes, I size up two sizes to accomplish an effective wrap.

They have been around for a long time.  A company that I know did a lot of private label for them, and I have some pieces that are probably 20 years old. 

I do not have any of their velour pieces, so cannot comment on those.

I hope that this helps. 

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@equss 

Hi, have you or anyone else heard of Softies? (softiespjs dot com) Another Oprah pick for the past couple of years that sounds similar to BD. GMA Deals had a promo sale, featuring a 50" × 70" ribbed throw and a Cozy Cloud Cardi, both offered for $44 and retail at $99 each. Free shipping too. I picked up a couple throws and a cardi, for gifts. I thought the price was good, along with reviews on amazon.  We'll see...

Screenshot_2019-10-12-09-28-33-1.png

@rochelleS  I haven't heard of this brand,  but will check it out. They offer some very pretty colors. Please let us know what you think when items received. Thanks for sharing😊

Esteemed Contributor

@tk1234 

Wow. Thanks so much for your feedback on the Softies! I thought the price points for this GMA offer was quite good. The Cardi offered had bridge sizing. After the S/M, L/XL it jumped to 2x/3x. I selected the L/XL for a gift and hoping for a good fit. So nice to hear it's similar to BD and your having this brand for twenty years is a testimonial in and of itself. I truly appreciate your input!

Esteemed Contributor

@equss 

Thanks for responding. I agree, the colots are quite attractive. Did you see the Emerald Blue? Really, really pretty! I honestly do not ever recall seeing a color by this name. Very on trend and so rich and luxe looking. I liked the Dark Fuchsia alot too. There were short video clips for each color that I enjoyed...made my decision difficult🤔. I certainly will let you know what I think when I receive my package!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tk1234 

Next time you reply, hit the reply box then when it opens, click on the @ symbol. A drop down box will open and click on the name of recipient of your message. See if that'll work for you. Plus using the @ will serve as a notification too. HTH ♡♡♡

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.qvc.com/Barefoot-Dreams-CozyChic-Mosaic-Beach-Poncho.product.A368819.html?sc=SRCH

pics posted. Lightest color❤️

dog bed looks very cute and plush too!

Valued Contributor

Some new items are up ladies!!! I’m loving that new CozyChic cardi however the price is a little steep for me. What are your thoughts?
Trusted Contributor

• @Joizz11  I have that new cardi style minus the cable knit. Mine is just solid black from year ago and I do love it but didn't pay that much. They have the same sweater on their web site.... maybe wait for a promo code.   The only reason I buy bd from qvc is they offer more colors and/or better price. Sad to see the new pricing at full retail.  The new funnel neck has  better price but when I saw the presentation decided that one isn't something I want. 
Valued Contributor

@equss Thanks I will wait to see if it comes down that is a little steep for a sweater. So pretty though. Oh I didn’t see the presentation was that this morning? Darn I don’t see any video up as of yet.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Joizz11  The presentation was on about 30 min ago so video should be up soon.  They showed the funnel neck cardi not the Aran.   I was curious to see the mahogany which ended up being spice color   I'll be curious to hear what you think when you see it.  From the pic i was sure I would want it but luckily i wasn't drawn to it... whew money savedSmiley Happy

I agree the new cardi is high priced especially for a 100% poly sweater!