Valued Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@rochelleS I have the black/graphite, heather indigo/stone, and heather pewter/stone. All 3 a so nice and I have the matching lounge pants to go with them. I do agree the Cali cardi is a heavier garment. I wrapped myself in my blue one last winter.
Esteemed Contributor

@Joizz11  Thanks...

Super Contributor

@World Traveler , @rochelleS , @Joizz11 , @Lucylu12 , and all other BFD fans...

O.k.  I need HELP!  

I have the Cozychic Lite Island Wrap in Burgandy and I have our last TSV in garnet.  NOW....I see the Cali Cardi on special in the Rosewood/Garnet color.  How does that compare in color to the other two I already own in the Burgandy and Garnet?  I already own this Cali Cardi in Carbon and love it.  I wore it for a coat from Chicago to Florida last January and it was amazing!  I'm thinking I might "need" another one in the Rosewood/Garnet or the blue tones.  I do love the pink, but being a dark brunette with lighter skin, it will probably wash me out.

So, please tell me how the Rosewood/Garent in the Cali Cardi compare to Burgandy and Garnet.  Anxiously awaiting  your replys.

Thanks so much.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@acesmom79 

Thanks so much for the sizing feedback on the Cali cardi!!! I released my xs Rosewood/Garnet to process today. I recently received the sz small in this color combo and it's pretty. There is more of the brighter Garnet in this mix than Rosewood. Yet both individual shades look good underneath. ♡♡♡

@Beeweaver 

In case you missed this... I don't own the burgundy so I can't compare or comment on that shade. How does burgundy look to your eye? 

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@acesmom79 

Thanks so much for the sizing feedback on the Cali cardi!!! I released my xs Rosewood/Garnet to process today. I recently received the sz small in this color combo and it's pretty. There is more of the brighter Garnet in this mix than Rosewood. Yet both individual shades look good underneath. ♡♡♡

@Beeweaver 

In case you missed this... I don't own the burgundy so I can't compare or comment on that shade. How does burgundy look to your eye? 

@rochelleS  The burgandy is a cooler more blue toned red like a cranberry.  The Garnet is a warmer tone compared to the burgandy.  What is the Rosewood like?

Super Contributor

@acesmom79 wrote:

I sized down in the Cali Cardi, and it fit roomy but not too big. I own both the gray and the pink and pretty much lived in them all last winter. I normally wear a small in this brand  but had to size down to an XS in this particular one. I'm thinking about going for the rosewood just because I got so much use out of this sweater last year.

@acesmom79 

I love this Cardi as well.  I usually get S/M in BFD.  I decided to go with the medium as I was wearing it more like a coat.  But, I certainly could have worn the small.  I was wondering about the pink....I am a dark brunette with ighter skin.  I was thinking it might wash me out.  I returned the shrug earlier this year as the coral looked awful on me.  Do you have an opinion on the pink in the Cali Cardi?

Esteemed Contributor

@Beeweaver 

Rosewood is a deep, rich and saturated dark berry brown or brown wine shade. Reminds me of Oxblood or even Cordovan like the loafers I wore in high school. Remember those? It happens to be a favorite of mine. Imo, a great neutral that pairs well with alot. I wish more styles in this color were available. 

The burgundy sounds very nice. The Rosewood/Garnet leans more to the Garnet but is tempered or toned down by the Rosewood.

I see your other inquiry about the Vintage Rose/Pink combo. Thought I'd share my 1st experience with Faded Rose, another soft shade I'd purchased in that shrug cardi tsv. I disappeared when I put it on. Washed me right out. Then, I played with my lipsticks and found a couple shades that made a world of difference paired with that color. It brought the life back and looked completely different. I've become very fond of that pale shade and have rec'd many compliments when I wear it. Those lippies made a huge, happy difference. I am light complected with salt n pepper hair that is boldly silver streaked. Personally, I think the pink combo would be stunning on you with your coloring! 

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Beeweaver 

Rosewood is a deep, rich and saturated dark berry brown or brown wine shade. Reminds me of Oxblood or even Cordovan like the loafers I wore in high school. Remember those? It happens to be a favorite of mine. Imo, a great neutral that pairs well with alot. I wish more styles in this color were available. 

The burgundy sounds very nice. The Rosewood/Garnet leans more to the Garnet but is tempered or toned down by the Rosewood.

I see your other inquiry about the Vintage Rose/Pink combo. Thought I'd share my 1st experience with Faded Rose, another soft shade I'd purchased in that shrug cardi tsv. I disappeared when I put it on. Washed me right out. Then, I played with my lipsticks and found a couple shades that made a world of difference paired with that color. It brought the life back and looked completely different. I've become very fond of that pale shade and have rec'd many compliments when I wear it. Those lippies made a huge, happy difference. I am light complected with salt n pepper hair that is boldly silver streaked. Personally, I think the pink combo would be stunning on you with your coloring! 

@rochelleS   Oooooh!  Nice to know about the colors.  Thanks so much!  I always tend to go more with jewel tones and saturated colors.  I haven't really tried the lipstick thing as I tend to just use glosses in neutrals or med. pink tones.  I just can't get a lipstick to stay with me for any length of time.  I also feel that I look slimmer in darker tones.  But, I could change it up!  I love Oxblood and own a few piece of that from Coach.  In fact, I just bought an Oxblood bag that I adore!  Are there any pieces from BFD currently available in the rosewood?

Esteemed Contributor

@Beeweaver 

I hear ya with lipstick. I swear I can stand in place, not move and it disappears. Drives me crazy. But I have found some brands that do last. Thankfully! Don't forget a little blush too. That'll help alot also, when trying a new, unfamiliar color in clothing. There's lots of other tricks too.

Here's some of the Q's Rosewood gsrments. The color filter for searching really stinks. There may be more. I omitted those in plus sizes. You could search BD's site, Nordstroms etc too. Oh, some of these items here were priced lower in the past 30 days. Call cs for a price and term match, which, by policy, will be honored.

Screenshot_2019-09-28-10-20-09-1.png

Screenshot_2019-09-28-10-16-19-1.png

Screenshot_2019-09-28-10-12-00-1.png

Screenshot_2019-09-28-10-01-37-1.png

Screenshot_2019-09-28-10-00-05-1.png

Valued Contributor

@Beeweaver @rochelleS I have that rollneck pullover in rosewood and love it. Can’t wait for the cooler weather to start where I live.