Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@Joizz11 I have the tipped shorts and tee also. Do you find the shorts too short? Maybe it is because I am older, but they are shorter than I feel comfortable wearing out and about. But I do like to wear them at home and in the back yard.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler I do find they are on the shorter side. Plus for some reason they ride up past my waist. Not sure why this happens but it makes them even shorter which causes me to pull them down. I do wear them inside mostly even to bed. If I go visit my parents I’ll wear them there but that’s it. They are otherwise comfy and cozy but wouldn’t wear them out and about.
Super Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

To add what I heard on FLEECE clothing, the host or vendor said to not use fabric softener on FLEECE items. But I will not swear to this because what you said makes sense as well. Maybe it's best with BFD to just not use any.

I can't hang the hacci items, even though I use those velour covered coat hangers. Everything stretches extra long if you leave it hung up over a season. I lost three nice tops due to that. They became dresses over my knees.

This is on the BD Web site:

CARE + CLEANING

Please lovingly care for your Barefoot Dreams product to retain the softness. Barefoot Dreams is machine washable. However, our fabrics do not like heat and we recommend a cool wash on the delicate cycle and gentle/air fluff in the dryer for a minimum time only. Do not use dryer sheets or a fabric softener. We suggest storing all robes and hoodies flat rather than hanging which will make them stretch.

ALL OF OUR ITEMS ARE MACHINE WASHABLE AND DRYABLE

• We recommend washing on a delicate cycle in cold water with a gentle detergent (no fabric softener).
  • Tumble dry on your lowest dryer setting with low heat (no dryer sheets).
  • Air fluff or flat dry is also recommended.
Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 Who said that BD items are fleece?

@keithsmom65 wrote:

To add what I heard on FLEECE clothing, the host or vendor said to not use fabric softener on FLEECE items. But I will not swear to this because what you said makes sense as well. Maybe it's best with BFD to just not use any.

Esteemed Contributor

@Joizz11  and friends...

You asked about my purchases. First, I did some holiday gift shopping for the family and my wonderful mechanic, who has been a godsend throughout my "new"/used Honda purchase this past year. Plus my lawn service guys who have gone above and beyond when I really needed fast and heavy duty muscle. They all be getting scarves. I thought the socks were unisex, until I looked closer and there wasn’t a size chart or choice in this new item. Picked up many pairs anyways. I know my Sister, still recuperating from her serious leg injury will adore these. Added a few of the new beanie hats. Some for me, others as gifts. 

Moi...well I had ordered the Cali cardi in in the garnet/ rosewood combo which should be here this week. I'm quite taken with the Rosewood color. It reminds me of the color oxblood, or even cordovan.... As I remembered those tasseled loafer shoes all the way back from high school. As a just in case back up, on check, is the So Cal cardi in solid rosewood, in the event the Cali cardi blend doesn't float my boat. 

I flipped seeing the pants! They looked sooo good. I liked the waistband, clean lines and they didnt seem too or overly wide when presented. If there was a sizing discussion on air, I missed it and wished time would've been spent during the two airings I did see, re size recs. [Same for many of the new and non tsv items shown too. Very lax and disappointing for me that this crucial size info was glossed over by a useless stretch or tug and neglected] Nonetheless, I bot sz small and will cross my fingers for a good fit. Yes, I'll most likely have to hem these too.

I put alot of thought into the Taupe tsv. I love my blazer cardi in the same color and found it pairs well with many BD sweaters I own in addition to other garments, including my plethora of Linea. So, I ultimately added the pant, beanie and succumbed to the regular length tsv. Not sure if it'll be somewhat redundant owning the blazer cardi, but I see many of you here opted for both in the Olive and are very pleased with that decision. 

Speaking of which, lol, I went full out in this Olive shade too 😉! I've been impressed with all of the glowing comments by those of you who preordered this tsv color. I picked up the regular length, as I like the look on me in spite of my short stature. Bought the pant, scarf and beanie too.

I, like many others, was curious about the Ash grey! I looks very handsome, rich and darker than the mid tone Graphite which to me, has a blue undertone. I have the scarf and beanie coming so I can access this color in person and determine if I'll release the pant or tsv I'm currently holding. It'll be interesting to see this next to Carbon, my other dark grey BD color.

I did pick up the cowl in Almond and Garnet. Again, that on air tugging and stretching did not provide adequate size info. I have gone up in other cowl necked garments but purchased a small due to the slightly larger numbers on the click here size chart. I hope I selected the correct size. We'll see. 

I have the new button front cardi in blue still on check. I do not know what size to get at all. I've sized up to small or mediums on the slouchy and the kangaroo pocket hoodie, but can't get a read on this one. I'd so appreciate any comments/thoughts any of you might have to share. Or, I'll hopefully see some reviews. I do really love the texture of this featherknit, or to me, looks like an eyelash type of knit. TIA on help with this!

So, that's my tally this time around...oops, forgot I have the Garnet tsv on check too. Covering all color bases in this and related shades...and that my story and I'm stick' to it. (So far 😲)

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS Wow that is quite the load you have coming your way. I am jealous!!! I agree about the sizing information. The hosts go on and on about the garment and where to where the item or how to wear it but the important sizing is what we need. It helps if they say there height and what size they are all wearing including the models. This gives me an idea of how the item runs small or roomy. The only host that did this was Courtney in the later BD show and only with the models. I can go xs or small in BD depending on how it fits. I went up to a size small in the cowl necks I ordered and the new button front cardigans I ordered. I am hoping this works as well. I was thinking of the new pants as well as the scarf hit was trying to behave which is difficult with this line. I hope you provide us with reviews when you receive your goodies!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

woohoo @rochelleS   That’s an impressive order!!!

cant wait to hear your reviews... enjoy( I know the recipients of your gifts will).

PS I agree sizing info was nonexistent..., especially on pants. I went with a size sm too after much debate🤞

Esteemed Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Damage done yesterday. Got the TSV in olive, the button cardi in blue and cream, the oliver scarf, one pair black/carbon ribbed socks and the lounge set with the banded ankle bottoms.  Ugh, ok off to BFD diet land.

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL 

What size did you order in the button front cardi? Did you size up? Thanks ♡♡♡

Esteemed Contributor

@Joizz11 @equss 

I couldn't give a rats ****** where the hosts wear their BD garments. I get it. These garments can all be worn from the most casual lounging around the house to informal play and day wear or dressed up for a special event and night out. Yada, yada, yada. But, without proper size and fit information, especially on new items... I feel a real disservice has taken place and has become a unacceptable trend with the Q. How are we to wear these lovely garments without adequate information!!! Imo, Leah is the only host who thoughtfully shares all impertinent information.....without the hyper bravado. 

I've gone round and round with sizing. Had more than enough of the wrong fit/size and of course now, I'm second guessing some of my choices. Aghhhh.

On a lighter tone, most of my purchase $ went for gifting. I failed to share some of the absolutely  wonderful people who have been of so much help to my sister during this awful time, are on my list. Including her amazing surgeon. So yes, a haul indeed but there is an equal amount, if not more joy in giving.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

So right @rochelleS  that the most fun is gifting. It always makes  me feel so good to give a gift that’s comforting &  in most cases a first introduction to bd. It really is the perfect gift for caregivers, special helpers, a person that needs a hug,etc .... well done!!  

re: sizing have to admit I’m contemplating cancelling pants.  I watched several presentations and not a single thing said helped me determine how they might fit.