Regular Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

Does anyone know how the Ash compares to the Graphite color?  I have the Cardi Blazer in Graphite and Olive (the colors that draw me the most in the TSV).  I am wondering if the Ash is different dnough to justify ordering.  or if I should branch out to another color.  I don't do black, so I am debating brtween the taupe and garnet.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler I am so glad you love your new olive blazer!! I have this item also in the same color and feel it is one of my favorite BD items. Everything about this is perfect!
Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have the cozy chic pants? Just wondering if anyone went up size? 

Respected Contributor

Ok girls, I'm coming clean, thus far I've ordered:  the TSV in Olive and Black, and Cowl in Olive and Almond.  I haven't done much damage.  Contemplating the scarf and would love the pants, but inseam is too long and I don't really want to alter them.  Wish they'd offer a petite in pants, after all, they did offer petite in the TSV. 

Trusted Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Ok girls, I'm coming clean, thus far I've ordered:  the TSV in Olive and Black, and Cowl in Olive and Almond.  I haven't done much damage.  Contemplating the scarf and would love the pants, but inseam is too long and I don't really want to alter them.  Wish they'd offer a petite in pants, after all, they did offer petite in the TSV. 

I wish they offered Petite in the pants also. Maybe since they did the TSV in Petite, we can look forward to more items in Petite.

Trusted Contributor

All I can offer is I bought  lounge pants in lite with the same inseam and they worked for my daughter at 5’3 and myself( half in taller) We both got our regular bd size small and because they hugged the body it took up some of the length. That said in the wide leg that isn’t happening because they are loose and look long even for the tall girls. I was going to order them based on my previous experience but due to fullness and no drawstring, to hold them up, this style would be too long for me I think.   At least that’s how I’m looking at it because In  jeans I take a 30 in inseam. 

Trusted Contributor

I watched Barefoot Dreams all day until I was dizzy with all of it. I do like good clothing at good prices, but I am a bit shocked at their prices, although I am quite aware of their normal prices outside of QVC. I saw lovely items, and I wanted the TSV cardigan. My concern, however, is regarding the fabric. Is it going to hold up over many years of use, and will it keep its shape over time, and how does it wash and dry? It does seem that some pieces seem very shear, and I am concerned.

Overall, I still feel like their items are more than I care to pay for. The scarf was $ 44.00, and the beanie hat was about that. But the blanket was very expensive. I think of the Berkshire blankets and Dennis Basso throws I have, and I think they are as soft and warm as theirs and I believe the fabrics will last longer. I also wonder if their items will stretch out on the body or lose shape after some time. I just think I could stretch my dollars further with other QVC brands.

Does anyone have any information about any of my concerns? Thank you in advance.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65  I’ve been buying barefoot dreams along time.  I bet I have pieces at least 8-10 years old (probably longer). They look like the day I bought them and I put in washer and dryer.   So my experience is they hold up well. Most of what I have held on to is the cozy chic lite... many of my original pieces were the original cozychic but I’ve donated those or given them away because I prefer their fabrics with rayon and nylon vs the all poly. The tsv is cozy chic lite. 

Ps they have several knit fabrics. My favorite is cozy chic lite and ultra lite.  I you look through the discussion you’ll find where people have discussed fabrics and which they love and why.   Good luck with your decision

Respected Contributor

I’m also coming to the experts on this thread. I recall hearing that these should be washed/dried without fabric softener, is that correct? Also, do you store yours folded up? I hang my knits on hangers with soft padded arms that you can bend down, but this may be too heavy.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tucsongal @it is true they say don’t use softener or dryer sheets. To be honest you don’t need them as they come out of washer/dryer as soft as new each time. I think most people will tell you they fold but it o be honest I hang and haven’t had a problem