Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@World Traveler wrote:

Has anyone seen this before? I have not noticed this sweater before. Hmmmm.....

https://www.qvc.com/Barefoot-Dreams-CozyChic-Button-Front-Cardi.product.A367484.html?sc=SRCH

@World Traveler It’s brand spankin’ new! Get out that credit card again! 😂 

Valued Contributor

@equss how did your cardi with the wooden button fit? Was it more fitted or roomier type of cardigan? Thanks
Trusted Contributor

My olive tsv just arrived so I ripped it open and tried it on...love it!

I debated size and color and made the right choices for me.  Thanks to @1Professor  for her pics of the olive...Im not a green person and I really do love it.  Emotionally appealing and works with my complexion(I can't do yellow undertones, so focus on cool colors..this works).  As for size, I wear a sm in bd tops and bottoms, but an xs in cardis" generally".  I am 5'3.5' & almost went with petite.  So...on this one I paid very close attention to the comments about  pocket bulge and length resultingt in a size small  regular length.  I don't even notice pockets due to nice flow and I am so pleased with length (personally wouldn't want it 4 inches shorter because it would be like all the other long cardis on me).  I also want to mention another reason  I went for small in case it helps someone;  I  wanted the lovely trim/lapel to lay back flat and in this size it lays back and still meets in the middle.  The xs would have worked, but it probably would have layed more open across my chest (Im a 34B).  I would say its an easy fit more than too large on my body(but remember I was going for more coverage due to trim).  If I decided to order multiples I could wear an xs or petite  for a different look, but to be honest if I order aother I will stick with the sm because it just looks nice and I do love the flow of fabric especially in a duster type length.  This isn't too long actually highto mid calf on me...pleasantly surprised by that!

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom  It is that "nubby" fabrication, which I like for casual wear.

Hmmmm.....Well, if you REALLY think I should get it, then maybe.......

Wonder if I can rearrange my exercise room at home, knock out the wall in my walk-in closet, and enlarge it into the exercise room....put in some rods to hang some more BD....hmmmm....YUP! That'll work!

CC Button Front Cardi.jpg

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler What color is appealing you? Slate blue? I already ordered this in the mauve mist but was looking at that blue.
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  I did see this one this morning under new arrivals.  I love it but I can't decide which color to get.  I already have the olive coming in the TSV and have the mauve mist in the longer cardi TSV.  I really like the stone and that smokey blue.  What color are you loving?

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  It is that "nubby" fabrication, which I like for casual wear.

Hmmmm.....Well, if you REALLY think I should get it, then maybe.......

Wonder if I can rearrange my exercise room at home, knock out the wall in my walk-in closet, and enlarge it into the exercise room....put in some rods to hang some more BD....hmmmm....YUP! That'll work!

CC Button Front Cardi.jpg

@World Traveler  Why yes it is! Same as our slouchy hoodie’s in what I call my  “fozzy bear” hoodies (Muppet’s reference 😁)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Joizz11 Slate/Smokey Blue is one I don't have, so yes, that is where my eyes are concentrating on. ha!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ordered the cowl in black. Really like it in almond, but with the cowl neck I worry about possible make up transfer so I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. The slate blue is also nice. 

In the button cardi, the smokey blue for sure and pondering a few others too - mauve mist, black, and possibly stone. 🤔🤔🤔 Ugh! 🙈

Shockingly, I am passing on the TSV. I went back to my order history bc I swore I remember trying it. Sure enough! Ordered and RETURNED in black. Why? I didn’t like how it hung on me bc of how the pockets were sewn. I prefer when BD does the pockets on the outside. 

Ladies, good luck with all these tough decisions we are facing!! 😉

Respected Contributor

@Beeweaver @World Traveler @AmericanBulldogMom @Pecky @Joizz11 @rochelleS @equss @Chi-town girl @Lucylu12 @IlliniGirl88 + all

olive.png

Yes it arrived last night.

Yes I adore it.

Drape is incredible. I got a small, so it fits like a dream and I can wear it to teach. 

As to color, for those who have the notch collar cardigan/blazer in olive it is SLIGHTLY less dark green. Not much, and SO lovely.

Ya'll will be watching the 2-hour show tonight (or recording it!).

8 pm Pacific.

I'll turn up the air conditioner and wear this fabulous thing!