Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

The spruce to me is like a muted light evergreen, I love it.  It is color friendly. I think it is going to with a lot and some don't like hooded tops/sweaters, but i love them.  This one is super cute.  I should have gotten the berry too

Deb

Valued Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL the spruce big deal sounds perfect can’t wait to receive it. I am on waitlist for that color but have the berry on it’s way to me.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler @Joizz11 @SFGIANTSGIRL @AmericanBulldogMom @1Professor @IlliniGirl88 @Pecky @QVCpal  + everyone else

My Berry and Spruce have arrived. 

I opened the bag outside in bright sunlight to get a color read...

The Spruce looked almost Dove grey. Just smidge darker and it glistened and  sparkled in the light, exactly like my taupe blazer cardi did when in the bright sunshine. I saw the color change just walking through different light and shadows in the yard. Thr green came out. Inside, definitely more green present with an obvious grey cast/undertone in various lighting. I have florescent under counter kitchen lighting and tested it there for you, World Traveler. Next to the fixture it grayed. Away from it, it morphs more green. This is a chameleon color ladies, just like the Taupe! It's rather utilitarian, as in military colorations, yet the light changing characteristic makes this much more interesting and not as drab. It'll also lend itself to an array of shades to pair with. Above and beyond denim, go green. I just purchased the  new Linea loden pant and loden, olive & black camo print blouse that I believe will compliment this nicely. A variety of khaki or chino colors will work, plus grey if it's a similar undertone. I like the deep berry tones with greens and have paired a dark blackberry that's aesthetically pleasing to my eye. I'd pull in a scarf or jewelry to coordinate any of the above together. Imo, look for similar undertones for the most pleasant results. Btw, black and white with a cool printed scarf, adding some color looks really great!

Berry...really surprised me. Definitely nothing nearly as bright as it appeared on air. Much, much more subdued and it has a powdery like finish or cast to it. Reminds me of what you may see on grapes or plums in the market. This reads a midtone+ dusty dusk raspberry color to me. If any of you order from Evine, the color is practically identical to the "reddish" logo on their shipping boxes. I'm getting a slight, very, very slight brown undertone in my lighting. it's more neutral in tone and doesn't pull to warm or cool. It is very denim friendly and plays well with an array of darker blues. I placed dark wine with this which looks great and some olive and forest/hunter greens too, reversing the combo I'd discussed with the spruce. Browns and dark taupes also look good with the Berry. Again accessories are your friends and can pull a multitude colors and garments together.

The size... received both small and medium. The biggest difference is in the sleeves, just like the BD rep stated. Both length and width. The front wraps or crosses more with the larger size. Good if you want to belt this. The garment is slightly more generously cut than the last back cinching tsv. I could wear either size. It doesn't look too oversized or sloppy. The sleeves on me are honking long in the med. Some serious scrunching required. I haven't layered either one yet. I rushed to check the color and fit. I'll play more later. 

Anyone else receive their Berry? And those with the Spruce, what do you plan on wearing with yours?

Any questions? 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

Fabulous sensory share!

row-of-hearts.jpg

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@World Traveler @Joizz11 @SFGIANTSGIRL @AmericanBulldogMom @1Professor @IlliniGirl88 @Pecky @QVCpal  + everyone else

My Berry and Spruce have arrived. 

I opened the bag outside in bright sunlight to get a color read...

The Spruce looked almost Dove grey. Just smidge darker and it glistened and  sparkled in the light, exactly like my taupe blazer cardi did when in the bright sunshine. I saw the color change just walking through different light and shadows in the yard. Thr green came out. Inside, definitely more green present with an obvious grey cast/undertone in various lighting. I have florescent under counter kitchen lighting and tested it there for you, World Traveler. Next to the fixture it grayed. Away from it, it morphs more green. This is a chameleon color ladies, just like the Taupe! It's rather utilitarian, as in military colorations, yet the light changing characteristic makes this much more interesting and not as drab. It'll also lend itself to an array of shades to pair with. Above and beyond denim, go green. I just purchased the  new Linea loden pant and loden, olive & black camo print blouse that I believe will compliment this nicely. A variety of khaki or chino colors will work, plus grey if it's a similar undertone. I like the deep berry tones with greens and have paired a dark blackberry that's aesthetically pleasing to my eye. I'd pull in a scarf or jewelry to coordinate any of the above together. Imo, look for similar undertones for the most pleasant results. Btw, black and white with a cool printed scarf, adding some color looks really great!

Berry...really surprised me. Definitely nothing nearly as bright as it appeared on air. Much, much more subdued and it has a powdery like finish or cast to it. Reminds me of what you may see on grapes or plums in the market. This reads a midtone+ dusty dusk raspberry color to me. If any of you order from Evine, the color is practically identical to the "reddish" logo on their shipping boxes. I'm getting a slight, very, very slight brown undertone in my lighting. it's more neutral in tone and doesn't pull to warm or cool. It is very denim friendly and plays well with an array of darker blues. I placed dark wine with this which looks great and some olive and forest/hunter greens too, reversing the combo I'd discussed with the spruce. Browns and dark taupes also look good with the Berry. Again accessories are your friends and can pull a multitude colors and garments together.

The size... received both small and medium. The biggest difference is in the sleeves, just like the BD rep stated. Both length and width. The front wraps or crosses more with the larger size. Good if you want to belt this. The garment is slightly more generously cut than the last back cinching tsv. I could wear either size. It doesn't look too oversized or sloppy. The sleeves on me are honking long in the med. Some serious scrunching required. I haven't layered either one yet. I rushed to check the color and fit. I'll play more later. 

Anyone else receive their Berry? And those with the Spruce, what do you plan on wearing with yours?

Any questions? 

@rochelleSWow!  That was the best review ever.  So informative and detailed.  You make me want both of them now.  What camo black &olive print blouse did you get?  I need to know!Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky 

Here's the new skirt and blouse, now available. Both will be shown 9am Monday morning, along with other new items in these colors plus on air peeks of upcoming goodies. Maybe we'll get to see the new faux suede boot cut pants(?) He'll surprise us. I'm delighted to share and help but do visit his blog for lots of detailed info and pics. Louisdellolio.com, it's truly amazing what he does for his customers. Or visit the Linea forum, located under My Favorite Brand tab on the upper left. See the "August Show" thread with upcoming show times, new items offered with hot links. One of the gals, @JustJazzmom does a remarkable job for the Linea fans with her thread.

I purchased both this skirt and blouse.

Screenshot_2019-08-17-18-35-29-1.png

A351473.                             A351472

The blouse and skirt are also available in an Umber colorway. Umber, tobacco and black abstract camo print.

Screenshot_2019-08-17-18-36-25-1.png

Just an fyi, I have this skirt, which looks to be the same style as the above camo skirt. It is so stinkin' cute on. Very big girl sassy! I just adore and love wearing it. Couldn't resist it in the new color/print 😚😉💖!

Screenshot_2019-08-17-18-45-38-1.png

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS Thanks for your review of spruce and berry. MUCH more in depth, descriptive and better stated than I could ever come close to. LOL! It sounds like we are seeing close to the same thing with these colors. The only thing I wanted to add was that navy really makes the berry pop. Try it sometime!!

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom 

It is just great that what we are seeing in both the Spruce and Berry is so very similar. This is so helpful to other inquiring and curious BD fans. 

I totally agree about Navy with the Berry, very sharp looking together. I'd  mentioned an "array of blues" in addition to being denim friendly. I did a couple edits, modified my comments, typos etc. so this may have been initially missed.

I see this Berry as being very much a sunrise/sunset color the more I look at it. Do you see that?

And the Spruce, definitely gives me a winterscape vibe. Where color bounces off crisp, bright snow and changes as the sun moves low thru the winter day, casting shadow and changing hues in this subtle winter light show. I know your WI  winters are the same as mine in MI. I think it's just magical. What will your pair with Ms Spruce? 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS Yes, the berry is very sunset/sunrise. The pic you posted several pages earlier was spot on.

As for the spruce, I love greens with shades of taupe (like your new blazer cardi) to darker browns. I’ll admit this spruce is now one of only a couple green pieces I have. Greens, depending on the actual shade (olive, evergreen, etc.) can easily do nothing good for my complexion. This is why I generally don’t dabble too much in them. This spruce color though called my name and I’m glad I took a chance. It does look nice. I think it’s the muted dusty color of it that helps it play more neutral on me. I have lots of white tops which will of course go easily with any of these. Makes the daily stress of “what am I going to wear” minimal. LOl! But remember, I am a casual, low maintenace dresser and at work most anything goes so my options are endless really. I could easily do a BD cardi over a top with jeans everyday if I wanted. Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor 

Thank you! (((❤)))

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a kaleidoscope...Screenshot_2019-08-17-20-32-08-1.png

And I love your hearts! Where did they come from, please?