Trusted Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams - TSV - February 11, 2019

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@World Traveler @Lucylu12 @Pecky @AmericanBulldogMom @IlliniGirl88 @SFGIANTSGIRL @Chi-town girl @equss @sunshine45 @Fifi1 @Mj12 & all:

Barefoot Dreams TSV viewing party tonight?

Some of us are on the west coast (nearer to the Mansion), so it's only 9 pm for us. Any others planning to view the midnight reveal?!

I have the Carbon arriving Monday (tomorrow!), the Pacific Blue arrives Tuesday, then the lovely Faded Rose arrives whenever the Q gets around to it.

Love to hear the Mansion's Roommates' reactions to the show. Live blog. Heart

@1Professor - great idea Heart I will be here!

I ordered the TSV in Sea Glass Salt and look forward to seeing the live presentation!!!

I need some fresh new white fashion items - think it will be a very versatile and complementary topper - Martha's embroidered white clematis jeans that a number of us purchased  @pinkmochi. Also, I'm looking at new white jeans from Giuliana

@Chi-town girl Ooo! Good point! That one would look great with a white t-shirt and those clematis jeans. I was thinking about getting the seaglass or faded rose, but maybe I should get the sea salt instead! Argh! Decisions, decisions....

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@pinkmochi

@pinkmochi wrote:

I watched the video of this Barefoot Dreams TSV, and the faded rose looks kind of like taupe on my iPad. Is it more of a blush? I'm leaning toward that color but will get the seaglass if it's not pinkish. Thanks!

To my eyes, I would have to agree with you. I think the name Dusty Rose would be more appropriate. It has a blush of rose, but depending upon where I look at it (outside sunlight....inside fluorescent light), it can also take on a mauve look....hint of violet hue too. I think that variance of color makes it able to go with more outfits than just a straight pink would allow.

@World Traveler Thank you very much for clarifying the color! I appreciate it! Heart

Honored Contributor

@tervuren

@tervuren wrote:

@WORLD TRAVELER

DO YOU THINK THAT THE SHRUG IS WARM ENOUH FOR  SACRAMENTO,CA. WE HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME COLD DAYS HERE. IF NOT MISTAKEN I THINK YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH NORTHERN CALIFORNIA WEATHER. I WOULD LIKE TO WEAR IT ALONE AND NOT HAVE TO LAYER. 

My first thought is that it would not be warm enough right now in Northern California without something over it. I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that Sacramento was having weather in the 50's. 

When it is in the low 50's where I live (and it has been that this past week or two), the shrug would not cut it. I have been wearing the heavier BD cardis that come to my knees and have long sleeves. And even then, I like to put on gloves too.

Probably depends upon whether or not you get cold easily. I had a relative from Washington state come visit when it was in the upper 60's, low 70's where I live (October 2018) and he was so hot! He brought shorts to wear because he was used to colder weather. So, I guess it is what you are used to. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  -  I bought quite a bit of Barefoot Dreams this weekend!  Got the TSV in Sea Salt, Carbon, Pacific Blue, and Faded Rose.  I bought the new Cozychic UL Pullover Hoodie in Sea Glass (LOVE), Sand Dune, and Beach Rock.  I also got the Pointelle Poncho in Blue Water and Sea Salt.  Some are gifts and some are for me!  I'll get a lot of use from the TSV, I love that it's short and it will be great for me in air conditioned buildings (I get cold).  I like the coral, the green looks washed out, but would like to see them presented. 

I'll post on the Marla forum that you started of how I like the necklace.  It's just something different. 

What about Telluride?

Trusted Contributor

There was just a quick presentation at 10:00.

Contributor

I briefly saw it as well. The green looks a bit more vivid than I thought it would by, very pretty. However, that coral is absolutely gorgeous! I had planned on getting the faded rose but now I’m not so sure. All the colors are stunning ! Ah, decisions...🤔😄

Respected Contributor

The quick showing just now (mentioned by @Lucylu12) was a disaster for Courtney.

First, she gave the wrong color on the second sweater she showed (called the pacific blue "carbon"), then, when she came to the carbon, she had to change it all and fix it.

Then she knocked one of the shrugs off the hanger and left it lying on the floor, as the white hanger just wobbled, now empty.

Very disappointed in Courtney.

Trusted Contributor

Poor thing she was so rushed with the short airing. I was originally getting the Sea Salt and the Coral but I switched my coral out to faded rose. Loved the color on the air will be a great neutral which I tend to go for, I still like the coral and may get it, but it kind of reminded me of a bed jacket. I don’t know why. Will wait to see it when it is on someone a midnight and I am sure I will want it, I am a fan of coral, 

Honored Contributor

The shrug cardi design is contemporary. Glad they offered sea salt/white. Love the meadow green and faded rose colors. I would love cozy pants in the meadow green

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

Ok that's it, I'm sold already on the Meadow Green.  Gonna try L/XL this time.  Seems to be a tradition that I get the same style in multiple sizes and never regret it.