Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams - TSV - February 11, 2019

I’m in the same situation with sizing, I’m normally a small in BFD but with the my last tsv purchase in the Cozychic Cali Cardi i sized  down to a xsmall , and it was prefect. This fit looks like it is going to run big so I’m thinking I’m going to go with the XX small x small. Those usually sell out first so if it is too big I can always exchange ! Now my only problem is deciding what color, lol! 

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Okay, as much as I L-O-V-E Barefoot Dreams, I'm just not sure of this one. I usually want everything they make.

Part of me doesn't understand the price for something that is less than half the size of the TSV that I bought five of a couple of months ago for only about $10 more. I have the money to spend; it is just that there is such a disconnect between the prior purchases and this item.

On the other hand, I like having something lightweight like this for in the spring when it is neither hot or cold, but can get drafty in buildings or early evening.

I do like the new colors.

Not sure this style will look good on me.

What to do, what to do. Smiley Indifferent

@AmericanBulldogMom What do you think? Are you going for it? I can't let you have more than me! Smiley LOL

@World Traveler Sorry, but I saw this on the homepage before coming over here and immediately snagged it in sea salt. I love true whites! I think this will be perfect in the cooler evening summer temps and in A/C - esp at work where my arms get chilled in short sleeves. Contemplating a darker color also (carbon or blue). 🤔 

Whatcha gonna do now?!?! 🙈 🙂 Come to the dark side with me!! 😂

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom Okay, I will go over to the dark side with you! Smiley LOL 

Got a hectic day at work this morning, so will do some serious shopping in the afternoon. Probably go with the lightest color (or lack of!) too.

You sure we weren't twins in another life? Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I bought the last tsv which was a cardigan. Very soft but also very big and sloppy. Okay to snuggle in while watching tv but the hanging yarns and threads drive me crazy. I am afraid that pulling or cutting them with cause it to unravel. Not a BFD fan if this is the norm.

Honored Contributor

@traveler Certainly can understand if that has been your experience with prior purchases. I have never had problems with hanging yarns/threads. But I wish their sizing would be more consistent. Some things you size up, some down, and others you stay your true size. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Got a hectic day at work this morning, so will do some serious shopping in the afternoon. Probably go with the lightest color (or lack of!) too.

@World Traveler UPDATE: finally watched video and decided to also order the faded rose. I don’t have that color in anything and need to stay away from always defaulting to darker colors which I have so much of. So sea salt and faded rose for me. Nice light colors for spring/summer time. 

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@World Traveler UPDATE: finally watched video and decided to also order the faded rose. I don’t have that color in anything and need to stay away from always defaulting to darker colors which I have so much of. So sea salt and faded rose for me. Nice light colors for spring/summer time. 

@AmericanBulldogMomI ordered meadow green & fade rose.  I also want the sea salt.  I am like you I purchase dark colors but looking forward to fresh it up alittle with these gorgeous colors.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom Okay, so I carved out enough time to order the Sea Salt! LOL!! You knew I would. I am going with the small/medium. I'm a true medium, but this appears to give you a lot of leeway in size. The large/extra large would have been too much. Wish they would stick with one size and not the bridge sizes.

I will probably wait until I get home tonight to see if I get more colors. I like the rose and the green; however, I don't think with the clothes in my closet right now that I would use either one of those as much as the white. I tend to go with more black/white, red/white, royal blue/white combination with my clothes. I am a true "winter" when it comes to colors that look well on me.

Respected Contributor

I received the new ultra lite pullover hoodie (A350617) in sea glass yesterday. The color isn't as pretty as I'd hoped. It looks much more just plain grey than the pic shows it to be. I was between ordering a medium or large, and went with large. It's huge! I wouldn't size up in it at all, no matter how generous one might like the fit to be. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

• @World Traveler wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom Okay, so I carved out enough time to order the Sea Salt! LOL!! You knew I would. I am going with the small/medium. I'm a true medium, but this appears to give you a lot of leeway in size. The large/extra large would have been too much. Wish they would stick with one size and not the bridge sizes.

I will probably wait until I get home tonight to see if I get more colors. I like the rose and the green; however, I don't think with the clothes in my closet right now that I would use either one of those as much as the white. I tend to go with more black/white, red/white, royal blue/white combination with my clothes. I am a true "winter" when it comes to colors that look well on me.

@World Traveler Yay!! I am cool toned also. Light skinned, dark brown hair. The faded rose looked cool toned so thats why I decided on it. If its warm toned it will probably go back or exchanged.

I too am generally a medium, but actually went up to the L/XL for 2 reasons. I have broader shoulders/back and am tall so I need the longer arm length-esp since this is a 3/4 sleeve. I did look at the specific garment measurements for this and felt most comfortable going up for those reasons. The cozychic lite fabric drapes so beautifully that I think even if the body is a little large it should still not be too overwhelming. 🤞🏻