Super Contributor

Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Ultra Lite Hi-Lo Cardigan- color question

[ Edited ]

Ugh!  I just got this piece that I ordered on special.  I love the cardigan itself but I ordered the peach and it is a washed out flesh color.  It appeared more pinky peach on TV and on the website.  It looks awful with my light skin and dark hair.  So, my question is......Is the blue water a pretty baby blue or more washed out?  I need something to go with my coloring and I already have the pacific blue and carbon in other items.  And, I just purchased the sea salt in the TSV. I think I should go blue water or fog gray.  Any suggestions?

https://www.qvc.com/Barefoot-Dreams-Cozychic-Ultra-Lite-Hi-Lo-Cardi.product.A303009.html?sc=SRCH

Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Ultra Lite Hi-Lo Cardigan- color question

I have the lightweight poncho in blue water. It is muted light blue, with a touch of gray. I think it is lovely, but it is defiitely NOT baby blue. I am not sure I can help you as far as the fog grey goes - I do have a pale grey BFD, but I am not sure it is "fog" grey - anyhow the one I have has a slight beige hue to the grey.  What is kind of strange to me is that I also just received the peach cardigan that did not work for you - mine IS pinky peach - definitely not flesh toned, and I love it.  Good luck in finding a color that works for you! It is hard to judge shades online or tv isn't it?

Super Contributor

@Southern Sarah wrote:

I have the lightweight poncho in blue water. It is muted light blue, with a touch of gray. I think it is lovely, but it is defiitely NOT baby blue. I am not sure I can help you as far as the fog grey goes - I do have a pale grey BFD, but I am not sure it is "fog" grey - anyhow the one I have has a slight beige hue to the grey.  What is kind of strange to me is that I also just received the peach cardigan that did not work for you - mine IS pinky peach - definitely not flesh toned, and I love it.  Good luck in finding a color that works for you! It is hard to judge shades online or tv isn't it?

When I say flesh toned, I mean more warm than cool pink toned.  It definitely doesn't work with my pale pinkish toned skin.  It is not pretty on me at all.  It just washes me out.  I would say this shade of "peach" is for those with olive-toned tan skin or blondes.  If one has a more pale skin, I don't think it would work well.  At least it isn't my color.  Thanks so much for the info. on the blue.  I decided to play it safe and go with the carbon.  I also re-ordered the TSV in pacific blue and I returnded the "coral" which also didn't work for me.

Contributor

Oh my goodness, Beeweaver, you can't see me can you? I am blonde (albeit bottle), with lightly tan skin  - I guess that is why the peach works for me - maybe you should be giving fashion advice somewhere?  I hope you enjoy the carbon cardigan. I really like that color, but  I don't have it in anything yet. Now that I am older (almost 62) I have found that the lighter colors look best on me, so I have made getting them more of a priority - I need all the help I can get LOL.. .BTW, in case you are ever wondering about the sea glass color, in my home it was pretty much the same color as blue water. I think that on tv the studio lights played up the slight difference between the two colors. I was hoping for a pale greenish hue, but that was not the case. Since I already have the poncho in blue water, I am sending back the sea glass cardigan for the fog grey cardigan. I don't have anything in grey in the lightweight material.  I hope you enjoy your new purchases!  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I  have several cozychic Ultra Lite  pieces  (duster and poncho)  in the Fog Grey color and I love it.  I have blonde hair and light/mmedium skin tone and I prefer light colors  The fog grey is really a  soft and beautiful color.