Contributor

Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Robe A293850

I tried to ask this question about the product, in the listing online, and QVC won't publish my question.

I don't own any Barefoot Dreams merchandise.

My Question:    Why is this robe so expensive?

It is not a designer brand, and although it looks nice and warm,  I think almost $150 is a little steep.  With Tax/shipping it would be $161.12

I know if I don't like the price, I don't have to buy it-- I'm not trying to sound snotty or negative, I just wanted to know if anyone here thought it was worth the money.

Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Robe A293850

@GNB1965 I don't own the robe, but I have around 15 other BD items, all purchased this year when I finally got on the BD bandwagon. Heart

I have several of the Cozychic items and it is the fabrication that is so great. I hope someone else will hop on in here and give you a better description or reason why it is expensive, but for me it is the sheer heavenly feeling of being wrapped up in one of their items. 

I wear one of them almost every day, whether it is their jogger pants, the cardigan (which is part of my wardrobe for the day when I go to work), the scarf, the beanie, etc.

They wash up easily and stay in good condition (soft). I use cold water, no fabric softener, and tumble dry on the very lowest setting possible.

I thought the robe had a special price about a month ago (I could be wrong on that), and you may have missed getting it cheaper. I know they have some presentations and a TSV coming up in December, so you might hold off and see if there are some special deals on the robe.

I would like to have the robe too, but I can't get myself to purchase it because I have a robe right now that is still in good condition and doesn't look like it is going to die anytime soon. So, for me, I can't justifying getting another one until this one starts to look sad and beat up! ha!

Be sure to let us know what you decide.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GNB1965I don't have this robe, but I do love BD items, to me they are worth the price. At QVC this robe and socks is $149 + $3 shipping.  I looked at the BD site and the robe alone is $142, (BD socks run $15-17) and BD's shipping is very expensive unless you get a rare free shipping day - around $15 - I know because I just paid that to ship a gift.  

I don't know if I would want to pay that for something I only wore inside the house, JMO.  

ETA @GNB1965 I just noticed that BD's site is now free shipping on orders over $99. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler aren't their beanies just the best?  

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 OMG! You are so, so right? Feels heavenly on my head; so does the scarf (around my neck). ha!

I went for the more rounded beanie, not the one that has more pointed ends; know what I am talking about? Any excuse to wear it, even out to the mailbox, is good enough for me!

How they get their fabrics to be so soft is beyond me. At work I have ladies who like to come to my desk and just feel the various BD's I wear. When I tell them that they started out as a company who created baby items, they are not surprised. This brand would be a wonderful Christmas gift to give to a new mom for her baby.....their blankets, stuffed baby animals, etc.

Maybe the upcoming TSV will be the robe; then I might get it. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Actually this is considered a designer brand in this category. The fabric is very high end hence the price. Whether something is worth it is subjective. Why are some jeans $15 and other $215? To some people higher end is worth the price, and to others it’s not. You can always try it and send it back if it’s not worth it to you.
Valued Contributor

Costco has the BD bathrobe for $80.  I ordered a couple for gifts for close friends.  I have the BD bathrobe and it's wonderful

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GNB1965 wrote:

I tried to ask this question about the product, in the listing online, and QVC won't publish my question.

I don't own any Barefoot Dreams merchandise.

My Question:    Why is this robe so expensive?

It is not a designer brand, and although it looks nice and warm,  I think almost $150 is a little steep.  With Tax/shipping it would be $161.12

I know if I don't like the price, I don't have to buy it-- I'm not trying to sound snotty or negative, I just wanted to know if anyone here thought it was worth the money.

That question always has the same answer. Always. It's basic economics that the price is what the market will bear. Everything is priced the way it is because it can be.

Barefoot Dreams products have always been expensive. Yes, Oprah has put multiple Barefoot Dreams products on her Favorite Things lists, but they were priced that way even before then. Because it's what the customers are willing to pay.

Valued Contributor

BTW, be sure to check the size chart if you buy one of these robes.  I ordered my normal size 2 from Costco and the same for friends.  Fortunately I read the reviews that said these are sized differently and run large.  Returned the robes and ordered them all in size l.

Super Contributor

Hi. I asked my husband to order one of these robes for em for Christmas, and he did. He requested that I look at it and try it on to be sure it fit and that I liked it. 

Well, it fit just fine, but I just did not like the fabric at all. I did not find it soft or cozy or like anything that I would consider comfy or snuggly. It’s already on it’s way back to the Q, and I’ve lost all interest in this brand.

Holiday Hugs . . .  Beth

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!