Frequent Contributor

I have several Barefoot Dreams cardis.  I wear 2 of them as "robes" over my PJs. (daily) so I  do wash these 2  frequently.  The fabric has chaged in them - they are thinner, scratchier and have lost their shape (arms are stretched out).   Is there any way to keep these soft - I wash in cold water - gentle - partially dry on gentle and then flat dry them.  Thank you for any advice!

Super Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Care Help

I do same with my Barefoot Dreams throw - cold H20, gentle, hang to dry. Have had it for 4 years & still very nice & soft. Wash every season. I'd call Barefoot Dreams customer service for advice.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always wash on delicate in cold water, then fluff in the dryer - absolutely no dryer sheets/fabric softener - and dry flat. None of the items I have had an issue and some are 8-10 years old, but each garment and fabric weight is different.

This is the official BD Web site info:

CARE + CLEANING

Please lovingly care for your Barefoot Dreams product to retain the softness. Barefoot Dreams is machine washable. However, our fabrics do not like heat and we recommend a cool wash on the delicate cycle and gentle/air fluff in the dryer for a minimum time only. Do not use dryer sheets or a fabric softener. We suggest storing all robes and hoodies flat rather than hanging which will make them stretch.

ALL OF OUR ITEMS ARE MACHINE WASHABLE AND DRYABLE

• We recommend washing on a delicate cycle in cold water with a gentle detergent (no fabric softener).
  • Tumble dry on your lowest dryer setting with low heat (no dryer sheets).
  • Air fluff or flat dry is also recommended.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your help!  It appears I am caring for them correctly - maybe I will air fluff a little longer before taking them out to fully dry.