Frequent Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams August TS

I'm kind of "meh" on it.  I'm short and petite so I worry this will just swallow me. I LOVE Barefoot Dreams but I'll wait until the presentation to decide. I do hope they give us some discounts on some other stuff, in particular pants. 

Honored Contributor

@emvhhardy wrote:

I'm kind of "meh" on it.  I'm short and petite so I worry this will just swallow me. I LOVE Barefoot Dreams but I'll wait until the presentation to decide. I do hope they give us some discounts on some other stuff, in particular pants. 

@emvhhardy - I too want more BD pants - very pricey- free shipping should be a given! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

FYI done with Batefoot Dreams, sizing off, and pilling and $$$ even marked down doesn't work for me!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I have cozy chic, cc light.  Is the ultra lite more of a smooth fabric?  Looking at the blue 

@mspatmac - I think the ultra lite is a thinner lighter weight fabric than the regular cozy chic. I'm not as a big collector of this brand as some others that have posted about their collections. Would be great if someone that knows can advise us

I noticed this new TSV name/description is 'Coastal' which suggests it may be lighter weight than last year TSV

Yes, the Ultra Lite is a lighter weight fabric than the Lite and Cozy Chic.  Of the three, I think Cozy Chic is the heaviest/thickest weave.

I don't keep up with this brand anymore, but I think the Ultra Lite is the next step heavier than their Jersey fabric.  It's the lightest weight and finest weave of the "Cozy" group.  Not a smooth weave like jersey (t-shirt) material.  It's very soft and wears like iron like the other "Cozys" do.

@geezerette  - thank you, very kind of you to provide these details.

I haven't tried any of the BD Jersey items, do they cling? 

I LOVE the BD pieces I have in my collection, but I try to make thoughtful decisions so that I don't need to return them or have them go unworn.

Very happy with their hooded cardigans - TSV's from last year and this year.     This new cowl neck TSV will be lightweight enough to be layered under the hooded cardigans, puffer vests, etc. and it's long enough to wear with leggings of a range of fabrics including faux leather leggings. I am looking forward to cooler Fall weather 🍂🍁🎃

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Easy pass. I'm too short for tunics, and over them anyway. And kinda shleppy looking, it needs a little structure! 

Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams August TSV

I really like the (3) I have of last year's version. I bought 2 mediums and 1 small (btw I am a size 8 on top). I prefer the small, except that the upper arms are slightly more comfortable in the mediums, I don't really have large arms either - so I am not sure which size I would order.

I, too, would like to know the differenct between this year's and last year's version.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I have cozy chic, cc light.  Is the ultra lite more of a smooth fabric?  Looking at the blue 

@mspatmac - I think the ultra lite is a thinner lighter weight fabric than the regular cozy chic. I'm not as a big collector of this brand as some others that have posted about their collections. Would be great if someone that knows can advise us

I noticed this new TSV name/description is 'Coastal' which suggests it may be lighter weight than last year TSV

Yes, the Ultra Lite is a lighter weight fabric than the Lite and Cozy Chic.  Of the three, I think Cozy Chic is the heaviest/thickest weave.

I don't keep up with this brand anymore, but I think the Ultra Lite is the next step heavier than their Jersey fabric.  It's the lightest weight and finest weave of the "Cozy" group.  Not a smooth weave like jersey (t-shirt) material.  It's very soft and wears like iron like the other "Cozys" do.

@geezerette  - thank you, very kind of you to provide these details.

I haven't tried any of the BD Jersey items, do they cling? 

I LOVE the BD pieces I have in my collection, but I try to make thoughtful decisions so that I don't need to return them or have them go unworn.

Very happy with their hooded cardigans - TSV's from last year and this year.     This new cowl neck TSV will be lightweight enough to be layered under the hooded cardigans, puffer vests, etc. and it's long enough to wear with leggings of a range of fabrics including faux leather leggings. I am looking forward to cooler Fall weather 🍂🍁🎃

@Chi-town girl 

I haven't ever tried the jersey items, so I can't say about clinging.  I was just using it to try to compare the different fabrics in the line.

I think a better description of the Ultra Lite material would be that it's more akin to a light gauge sweater knit.  Whereas the Cozy Lite and Cozy Chic are more like heavier sweaters, especially the Cozy Chic.

I hope you're very happy with your purchase.  And I have to agree that I'm looking forward to fall also!  Cooler temps and lower humidity!👍

Trusted Contributor

I purchased two of the Cozy Chic Seaside crew necks when they were a TSV.  I love them - they are comfortable to wear and they washed very nicely.  Very good for cold winter weather.  I also had purchased an ultra lite ribbed cardigan, might have been a TSV, not sure.  Looking forward to wearing that when it is a bit cooler outside.  I will definitely be interested to see this TSV.  I really like this brand.

Super Contributor

I've been very happy with all my BD purchases. Wash great and all look brand new despite being not that new anymore! I like light pink and am wondering if the first one in your picture is more pink or taupe. I also like the light blue one.
Honored Contributor

@dsw503 wrote:
I've been very happy with all my BD purchases. Wash great and all look brand new despite being not that new anymore! I like light pink and am wondering if the first one in your picture is more pink or taupe. I also like the light blue one.

@dsw503 - the 1st top in the photo of the rack of TSV colors is the Rosebud. This is one of the colors I'm thinking of purchasing