Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams 2021 Friends and Fans Chat

@violet runner   The black does look saturated.  I'm tempted for the black too.  I've already have quite a few from this brand.  Although I'm late to the brand actually.  A few months. I haven't ordered yet.  I want to see more models in them.  There is going to be a big show over night.  I think from 3:00AM to 7:00AM.  Have no idea what they are going to show.  I can't imagine it being previously shown stuff.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@violet runner   The black does look saturated.  I'm tempted for the black too.  I've already have quite a few from this brand.  Although I'm late to the brand actually.  A few months. I haven't ordered yet.  I want to see more models in them.  There is going to be a big show over night.  I think from 3:00AM to 7:00AM.  Have no idea what they are going to show.  I can't imagine it being previously shown stuff.  

@songbird 3-7 is when they go off air.  They usually show previously recorded shows.

Honored Contributor

i ordered the TSV in black and in turquoise. i am quite tempted by the terracotta also. i ordered it in my regular BD size XL. this is a cute little jacket and not too short, but definitely not a longer style. some of their items lately are too short for my liking.

this will be great at the beach when nights can be just a bit windy and sometimes a little cooler. it is really a four season type of jacket for my area.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i ordered the TSV in black and in turquoise. i am quite tempted by the terracotta also. i ordered it in my regular BD size XL. this is a cute little jacket and not too short, but definitely not a longer style. some of their items lately are too short for my liking.

this will be great at the beach when nights can be just a bit windy and sometimes a little cooler. it is really a four season type of jacket for my area.

@sunshine45  I wish the price point for the TSV was around $59 and not $79, but at least it's FREE S&H. All the colors are great and hard to pick just one or two. I would have liked to have seen a navy shade...like an indigo.

I'm envious of you living near the shore. I lived in Connecticut on LI Sound for most of my life before moving to Nebraska. I definitely feel like a fish out of water...LOL

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45  Yay! Another who ordered the TSV in Black.   I am hoping it'll be a nice saturated black.  Thought all the colors were pretty.  How great you live by the shore. I am in Colorado and our summer evenings can get cool.  Agree, think this  jacket will work in 4 seasons.

Contributor

From what I could tell last night the black didn't look saturated at all.  I had to keep checking back to the product page to see if there was also a Carbon.. so be careful there.  The closeup looks a little heathered too.  

I got turquoise and taupe.  Grabbed 3 tanks too.  If that's the same fabric of the malibu ribbed neck long sleeves I'll be in heaven.  And of course, new joggers to match! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

My first choice was black, that is until I read how badly this fabric in black sheds.

I went with turquoise just because it appeared to be such a lovely shade.

Contributor

@lulu1 I don't have much black, but it's usually the lighter colors I've had UL shedding issues with.  But I have 2 ribbed UL cardis from last year and never had shedding.

Personally, I think the shedding issue is a little overstated.  It's occasional and temporary.  I think it's some of the shimmery fibers, that seem to stick to staticy stuff like seatbelts.  It does go away after a few washes.  I wear UL hooded cardis in mauve and spruce constantly (as the a/c temp in the house goes up and down) and again, no shedding.  

So it happens, but it's not like the whole thing starts unraveling all over your clothes forever.

Valued Contributor

I love the design and colors of the sweater, but the sleeves look awfully short. Being a tall person, it's a no go for me. Also, I've read so many reviews about this fabrication shedding. If I paid their full price of $135 (closer to $145 when all taxes and fees applied) for a sweater and it shed, I would not be happy about that. If they make it to clearance one day, I may get one. Sometimes I can size up in certain styles of tops and they fit well enough. 

Contributor

Ok update:  I was just gathering my daughter's laundry and noticed the UL ribbed cardi in black that I got her last year balled up in there.  I put it on (and stretched it out heh) and rubbed it all over the lavender malibu tee I'm wearing.  No shedding at all.  Sure, it's got dog hair and other lint stuck to it, but that's par for the course around here Smiley Happy.