Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams 2020 Friends and Fans Chat

I received my cream/black fairisle, and love it.  This I ordered in xs and it fits well!  I think the green camo in small may be too big, but I'll exchange it if I like it.  The lengh is a tad bit short, but I think by hanging it, it will be fine!

It's super cute and cozy and I"m very happy with this purchase.  I'm so glad the TSV wasn't another open-front cardi!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I got the TSV yesterday in the cream fair isle and wore it today to grocery shop.  I am glad I didn't size up, my usual size was just fine, loose enough to be comfy but not sloppy.   I love it, and I wish I had pre-ordered the one solid blue-ish color that was sold out by the day of presentation.   Oh well, there's always another beautiful BD sweater coming around the corner!

Speaking of which, has anyone gotten the cable hoodie, item #A382063?  I missed the presentation and my two top color choices are sold out in my size.  I know that the black would be the most versatile color, but to me that dark color obscures the details of the cable knit look of the sweater.  I'd love to hear from anyone who has gotten any of the colors, especially if you got a black one!

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP I did not order the cable hoodie, but had it in my cart.  The reason I did not order it was that they had a cable cardigan (A382049) offered recently and many of the reviews were not favorable.  Evidently, the stitching was lacking and there were large holes in the fabric.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @Linmo .  I remember reading that, so I will hold off on ordering the black sweater, and wait for reviews from anyone who bought one.  Maybe the aubergine or spruce will be re-stocked and I can get one of those colors, which show the details more.

Super Contributor

I purchased the TSV the day before it came out and it still hasn't shipped!  I don't know how it will get here by Christmas.  Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

@rhinonana5 wrote:

I just received my fair isles in the cream (pretty white in my opinion)...I have been FREEZING all day, here in No. California, but I put this on and am cozy as can be.  I am a10/12 but I bought the L, after hearing Leah's presentation.  I think I look like a bear, but I am warm bear, so...am still debating whether I should return it for a M, but I think they are all gone.  It's a conundrum!!  

Ugh!  I am so irritated.  I heard the BFD rep to size up.  So, I sized up from my ususal medium.  Then, I just watched the Video with Kourtney and she said to go with your normal size.  Come on QVC!  Which is it?  I sized up to the large because of what the BFD rep. said.  I haven't received it yet and I ordered it the day beore it came out as a TSV.  It hasn't even shipped yet so doubtful if I will even get it before Christmas.  I sure hope the Large will work for me.  If not, it's going back and I really don't think I should have to pay for shipping it when I followed what the rep said for sizing.  Just so irritating.  Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Beeweaver A check order is when you specify "Pay by Check" as your payment method instead of your credit card.  They hold the item for you for 2 weeks and you are supposed to mail your check in.  If you decide you want the item, you can either edit the order within the 2 weeks and put it on your credit card or you can mail a check to them.  If you don't want it, you can cancel the order or it will automatically get canceled after 2 weeks if no payment is received.

Good to know!  Wish I would have known this before.

Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 BD cardigans. Neither have been washed yet & the sewing is loose.  They also wrinkle badly & can't get them out. What a waste of money. They are soft I will say that, but glad I didn't pay full price. I subscribe to both OK & Star magazine & never seen a celeb wearing them.  I doubt Oprah's robe from years ago was made overseas.

Contributor

I got the black hoodie in today and it is more similar in weave to the Aran Cardigan.  I also received the cable knit circle cardi which is a much looser weave.  I would definitely not size up on the hoodie.  I bought my regular size which was a good fit.

Super Contributor

I got my 2 TSV pullover sweaters yesterday in the black fairisle and cream zebra.  I typically order medium in BFD but I sized up to a large based on the BFD reps recommendation.  I'm a true retail medium (size 8-10, 36D) and I was so worried that It would be too big.  I actually love the fit as it is looser and fits like the girls in the BFD video.  I would not want this sweater to fit close like many of the QVC ladies in the presentation. Many of their sweaters looked too tight and they kept adjusting their sweaters.  I am wearing the black sweater today with jeggings and it is a nice loose fit at the bottom but still fits fine at the top and I have smaller shoulders.  Also, I have shorter arms and the arms are not too long.  I can wear as is or fold the sleeves one tiny fold.  Both of my sweaters fit exactly the same and, as for the neck, I love it!  It is more of an open neck that is more flattering than a crew neck IMHO.  I could always throw on a tank if I wanted to do that, but I won't.  I think this TSV was a great price and a winner!  I hope they bring this design back neck year in more colors and designs!