Super Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams 2020 Friends and Fans Chat

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl  Did you order the TSV? It took me awhile to decide, but I ordered the coral. I'll be able to wear it with the Iman maxi dress, and it's just such a nice, summery color. I almost bought the beach rock, but I have an older TSV in a beige color that's also a cardigan. 

@pinkmochi  - oh, the Coral is in my cart! Looks like a GORGEOUS tone. I might get the black too as a replacement for a well worn black cardi.

I'm trying to pace myself, lol...IMAN has her June TS next weekend and Colleen L fashion TS on Thursday!  

@pinkmochi @1Professor  & BD fans - 

Finally a chance for me to relax today and do some shopping  Woman Very Happy

I placed my order for the Coral TSV - will look nice with the usual basics-black and navy, but also with gray, brown and olive.

Wish BD would offer more vibrant and warm tones, like the tones of a vibrant sunset. How about a fiery orange/red or lemon yellow?

I think the true nature of theTSV Coral tone is per the 1st photo - do you agree?

It's the first photo color.  I purchased it in the shrug TSV from about a year ago and I sent it back as it is not a pretty coral IMHO.  I am a brunette with light-medium skin tone and it made me look washed out.  I prefer a more pinky coral and more vibrant.

Respected Contributor

I haven't read the whole thread so maybe I missed an announcement.  Is Kari Michaelson no longer the spokesperson for Barefoot Dreams? There is a different person kicking off the TSV.  Maybe she's just off.  

Super Contributor

O.k.  I may have lost my mind just a bit......I purchased 3 TSVs!  I got the Beach Rock, Aquamarine, and the Riveria Blue.  They all are a must have in my mind.  LOL!  I would have bought the black and white, but I already have a ton of sweaters in those colors.  I know the coral isn't for me since I returned a shrug in that color that just made me look so washed out.  You really need an olive skin tone for coral IMHO.  I was too pale for it to look good on me.  I'm so looking forward to my 3 TSVs to come so I can try them on.  I am going with a Medium.  I feel that BFD runs a little big and I usuall take a S/M.  The arms look bigger and not tight on the models so I think a medium should be fine.  Don't wait ladies or you will be kicking yourselves with those gorgeous new colors!!!

Respected Contributor

@Beeweaver @sunshine45 @Chi-town girl & all

No, you didn't lose your mind, @Beeweaver!

It is 5 am in California the the Aqua and Blue are GONE!

That's a shame for others.

I have my Riviera Blue coming, expedited, Wednesday!

I'm using expedited, biting the bullet, on everything now.

Somehow the already-slower than usual regular shipping keeps getting stalled out along the way, especially when UPS transfers to mail "innovations". Many items stalling for a week or more at some transfer point. Two items never showed (Q sent me another on one, the other no longer available).

Respected Contributor

@Beeweaver 

I have not read the whole thread, but you seem to be familiar with this brand so I am asking your opinion.  I am 5' and 117 lbs.  I usually buy a small in Isaac, and size 8 pants.  According to the size chart I am a Medium.  Do you think it will swim on me?  I have never worn this brand before but love the look of the tsv and I think it will look okay with jeans or crop pants even though it is not Petite length.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 

I have a closet full of Barefoot Dreams.

I weigh 120.

I take a small in Isaac.

I always buy Medium in BDs.

Honored Contributor

I am so glad I pre ordered the aquamarine.  I wish they would present the tanks that looks like goes with the TSV.  I would like to see how the mint looks with the aquamarine.

New Contributor

Comforting Vibes During Grief

I'm not sure if this is where Kristen meant to share your Barefoot Dreams story.  My son was recently killed in a car accident.  I was in a grief share group with my Barefoot Dreams sweater pulled around me.  The man next to me asked if i was cold.  I said, "No this sweater just makes me feel cozy and nurtured.".  I asked him to feel it and he completely agreed with the softness of it.  Maybe we should have a cardi for men.  I see pants online but no sweaters.  It is coming up on the anniversary of my son's death.  This is a bad month for me.  I just bought the new aquamarine and blue one on the TSV to help get me through it.  My son would have loved this sweater.  His whole life he was into his favorite blanket, shirt or sweater.  I kept some of those to hug.  This sweater is like having the hug he can't give me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Comforting Vibes During Grief

Honored Contributor

Re: Comforting Vibes During Grief

missed out on the aquamarine, but will check back tomorrow to see if it pops up again......which sometimes happens.

i did order the coral and the sea salt. the colors this time were spectacular. i hope that they continue to expand their color palette.

not sure about kari? she still has "brand ambassador for barefoot dreams" on her facebook pages, but she has not mentioned the TSV at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein