Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams 2020 Friends and Fans Chat

Well, I received my green camo, and I love it. But, it's too big.  I should have stayed with an xs.  It's still in stock so I'll exchange for the XS.  The fairisle in xs fits fine, and I love it.  I wish I had ordered the aqua zebra one.  This TSV is a winner for me.  I'd have liked more length, but it's already stretched in length a bit by hanging it!  Matching beanies would have been cute in the cream and olive color.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Barefoot Dreams TSV 2/6!!!
Respected Contributor

I got the TSV in the black Fair Isle and love that it is so warm and cozy during these cold winter days.  But - does anyone have advice about machine washing it?   Not sure if it is my washer (which is fairly new) but when the sweater is soaking wet in the machine, my washer thinks it is too heavy and it stops the spin cycle.  I do open the door and try to “redistribute” the weight which works for a minute or two but then it stops again. Any suggestions?

Valued Contributor

@itsmagic I’m sorry your having that issue. I have an order washer so no issues here. My mom has a washer like that and flops the garments which seems they are so filled with water.

Does anyone else feel they have more BD than any other garment brand? I just went through my closet and honestly just want to get rid of everything that isn’t BD. I work from home and always want to be comfy.

Respected Contributor

@Joizz11  do you machine wash your sweater (such as the TSV pullover) with other items or by itself?    I washed it by itself and I’m just wondering if that might be the problem. 

Trusted Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@Joizz11  do you machine wash your sweater (such as the TSV pullover) with other items or by itself?    I washed it by itself and I’m just wondering if that might be the problem. 

I have a fairly new washer so mine washes one item of barefoot dreams just fine. However I used to have one that did the same thing as yours. You just need to put other items in the washer or more than one Barefoot Dreams item. 

Honored Contributor

our 2021 thread has been started. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Linmo  I decided to waitlist a spruce and an aubergine cable hoodie, on the off chance that people placing check orders decided not to order after all, or the Q inventory system got caught up, or whatever, and lo and behold, the next day the spruce sweater went to "in process", and eventually shipped, and I got it this past week. 

I found that the "holes" in the garment were all consistent with a cable knit, as opposed to an interlock knit, and not a quality issue, so I am very pleased with it.  I ordered my usual size, and the fit is good.  I was only able to order the aubergine in one size larger than normal, which I think would be too big, so I think I will cancel that order, but keep the sweater in my wishlist to order if it gets re-stocked in all sizes.  If you are looking for a very beefy, warm BFD sweater, I think you'd be pleased with this one.

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP I'm happy that you were able to get it and it met your quality expectations.  I live in a moderate climate (Northern CA), so I mostly wear the cozychic lite and ultra lite fabrics.  But I did buy the "sherpa" car coat they had a while ago in hopes of traveling to colder places in the future!