Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams 2020 Friends and Fans Chat

@Thats Me  I really don't fret too much about ordering the perfect size.  If it's a little too loose, I put it in the dryer on a higher heat.  If it's a little too short, I hang it on a hanger and it grows a little.  Otherwise, everything is either hung/laid flat to dry and folded. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

the TSV is a nice price and a great way to try the BD line.

it is a pass for me i dont wear a lot of fitted pullovers and it looks too short for me also. enjoy for those of you who are purchasing.....lots of nice patterns and colors. there may be something else new that i will be tempted by......Smiley Wink

Hi Sunshine.  It's a bit short for me too, but I think these stretch a lot in length if you hang them.  I bought a different style from Nordstrom that I thought would be too short, and it stretched a lot.  I'm considering a few of these as they are so cute and not open front which I'm not a fan of.

I'm not sure of the sizing though.  I usually am an xxs in QVC sizing due to how big most of their clothes run, but I'm afraid the xs in this may be too tight.  I hate tight things, lol.  I'm torn between xs and s.

Any other thoughts from those on sizing?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

it is a pass for me i dont wear a lot of fitted pullovers and it looks too short for me also. enjoy for those of you who are purchasing.....lots of nice patterns and colors. there may be something else new that i will be tempted by......Smiley Wink

Hi Sunshine.  It's a bit short for me too, but I think these stretch a lot in length if you hang them.  I bought a different style from Nordstrom that I thought would be too short, and it stretched a lot.  I'm considering a few of these as they are so cute and not open front which I'm not a fan of.

I'm not sure of the sizing though.  I usually am an xxs in QVC sizing due to how big most of their clothes run, but I'm afraid the xs in this may be too tight.  I hate tight things, lol.  I'm torn between xs and s.

@winamac1 It is so nice to hear from you again.  I have missed your posts.  I hope all is well.  I too wear xxs in QVC sizing.  I wanted this to be a looser fit so I ordered the small.  I received it yesterday and I really like the way it fits.  They did say it was more of a fitted style which I feel it is.  @ another poster here posted she ordered the small when she normally wears xs and she wanted it to fit more fitted so she exchanged it. It depends on what you are comfortable with.

Contributor

The same thing has happened to my orders placed on Sunday, 12/4 and Tuesday, 12/6.  I orderded 4 and three of them have had the estimated delivery changed to 12/24 and only the cream zebra is showing estimated delivery of 12/21.  Hopefully 12/24 is the worst case delivery scenario and they will arrive sooner.  I'm happy I didn't wait until the presentation date of the 14th to order because it sounds like they may not arrive by Christmas.

Occasional Contributor

Did anyone watch the video from Barefoot dreams that has been posted under the item.  The sweater looks loose on all the girls drinking wine around the table.  I wish I knew what sizes they were wearing.  I like the looser look so went up to x-large.  Normally I am between med-large on most items from the Q.  In my experience the 100% polyester does not shrink, but the light and ultra light with nylon in them do shrink some in dryer.  Anyway mine will be delivered today and will let you know if it's swimming on me or fits ok.  There is also a video of Mary Beth now and she normally wears medium.   For mor reference.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@winamac1 It is so nice to hear from you again.  I have missed your posts.  I hope all is well.  I too wear xxs in QVC sizing.  I wanted this to be a looser fit so I ordered the small.  I received it yesterday and I really like the way it fits.  They did say it was more of a fitted style which I feel it is.  @ another poster here posted she ordered the small when she normally wears xs and she wanted it to fit more fitted so she exchanged it. It depends on what you are comfortable with.

Thanks Pecky!  I appreciate it!  I may order one in an xs and one in a small! LOL. Hope all is well!!  Miss yall too! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@LoveDolls wrote:

Did anyone watch the video from Barefoot dreams that has been posted under the item.  The sweater looks loose on all the girls drinking wine around the table.  I wish I knew what sizes they were wearing.  I like the looser look so went up to x-large.  Normally I am between med-large on most items from the Q.  In my experience the 100% polyester does not shrink, but the light and ultra light with nylon in them do shrink some in dryer.  Anyway mine will be delivered today and will let you know if it's swimming on me or fits ok.  There is also a video of Mary Beth now and she normally wears medium.   For mor reference.

@LoveDollsYes, I watched it and I had the exact same impression that the sweaters looked looser on all the girls. I haven't had much luck with Barefoot dreams fitting me correctly and so watched that video for that very reason;  I don't want a looser fit so I may just have to skip Barefoot Dreams...in the past my size in their line was just way too big. 

Occasional Contributor

I'm 5'10 and 120lbs. I normally wear a small in the cardigans. I got a medium in pale purple and cream (is rose not purple) today. I like the way it fits. It's a little big but not so big I can't wear it outside of the house. Definitely not long enough to wear with leggings. I also ordered a small in a print but that hasn't come yet.  I think ill be ok with the small too. I figure I can wear them for different looks in the different sizes. I love it!  I don't like form fitting like most of the models wear. 

Trusted Contributor

I sure wish they would show it on the models with a looser fit. It doesn't look flattering on any of them. Looks like they are all wearing a size to small. The models in the video drinking with a looser it definitely look better. I sized up but I don't like anything form fitting on me. 

Occasional Contributor

My x-large came.  I love it.  I went up 1size.  It fits like the girls at the table in the video.  I rolled the sleeve up once (got the blue/black).  For those that would like the looser fit go up one size.  It flowed better and my roll didn't show, was a little longer.   Not long enough for leggings though.  It's very soft, thick.  Will take room on the shelf or drawer.  Comfy though with a style of pull over sweatshirt in one size up.