Super Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams 2020 Friends and Fans Chat

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@Beeweaver wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I have the Today Only belted cardi in lavender haze on waitlist and the orchid on its way to me. It was presented this morning in AM Style. Anyone else order this?

Yay! The lavender haze went into processs overnight!! I'm a sucker for lavenders/lilacs. 😁

I received both belted cardi's today. The lavender haze is absolutely gorgeous. I love the orchid too but already have the zip jacket in that color so I knew what to expect. These will be fantastic spring colors. I always freeze in the A/C at work so these will get lots of warmer weather indoor wear because of that. I am not really a fan of belts so I tied it in the back and it's very nice that way.

Any other ladies receive theirs yet?

@AmericanBulldogMom  How is the fit?  The models look like the cardi doesn't go all the way around them.  I typically take a medium in Barefoot Dreams.  Should I stick with that?  I want it to close completely and I am larger on the bottom.  

@Beeweaver Sorry it took so long for me to get back here! I actually ordered up one size and am glad I did. I also thought the models sizes looked too small and therefore weren't closing. Based on that and the garment measurements I went up one and would also recommend that. (I am also a medium usually so I went with large.) 

Darn, I hope the medium fits.  If not, I will have to exchange it.  

Respected Contributor

@Beeweaver wrote:

@Beeweaver wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I have the Today Only belted cardi in lavender haze on waitlist and the orchid on its way to me. It was presented this morning in AM Style. Anyone else order this?

Yay! The lavender haze went into processs overnight!! I'm a sucker for lavenders/lilacs. 😁

I received both belted cardi's today. The lavender haze is absolutely gorgeous. I love the orchid too but already have the zip jacket in that color so I knew what to expect. These will be fantastic spring colors. I always freeze in the A/C at work so these will get lots of warmer weather indoor wear because of that. I am not really a fan of belts so I tied it in the back and it's very nice that way.

@AmericanBulldogMom  How is the fit?  The models look like the cardi doesn't go all the way around them.  I typically take a medium in Barefoot Dreams.  Should I stick with that?  I want it to close completely and I am larger on the bottom.  

@Beeweaver Sorry it took so long for me to get back here! I actually ordered up one size and am glad I did. I also thought the models sizes looked too small and therefore weren't closing. Based on that and the garment measurements I went up one and would also recommend that. (I am also a medium usually so I went with large.) 

@Beeweaver You might be ok. One of the reviews said to size up one if you want it to wrap around all the way. However, others were fine going with their usual size. I have broad shoulders, that may be be why going up one size worked for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Regular Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
@k9mamaI purchased the same colors as you!! Fog grey carbon and blue water sea salt.

I live in black and white capris through the spring and summer, and thought these would be perfect!

Super Contributor

@Beeweaver wrote:

@Beeweaver wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom 

@Beeweaver You might be ok. One of the reviews said to size up one if you want it to wrap around all the way. However, others were fine going with their usual size. I have broad shoulders, that may be be why going up one size worked for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

@Beeweaver wrote:

@Beeweaver wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom 

So.....medium fits but I would have liked a little more material on the bottom.  But, I can't go up a size as arms and shoulders would be way to big on me.  I am going to wear it tied in the back.  I do wish it had pockets.  Overall, a nice piece.  I got the orchid and it is very pretty!

Contributor

Y'all, almost all the Barefoot Dreams stuff is on sale!  I picked up a few of the new Lounge Knit stuff as I love it!

Respected Contributor

@Sweetiekitty   -  I couldn't believe some of the low prices!  I've already picked up a few things this morning.  Q is finally having a real sale! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know!! Many of the things in my wish list are now on sale!  There are a few BFD items I want like the luxe lounge cowl neck.  I can't decide on Blue Water or Beachrock. They finally have some great markdowns!

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I know!! Many of the things in my wish list are now on sale!  There are a few BFD items I want like the luxe lounge cowl neck.  I can't decide on Blue Water or Beachrock. They finally have some great markdowns!

@Pecky   -  I just received the new luxe maxi skirt in beach rock and LOVE it!  It's very comfortable.  I ordered the other colors too.  I decided to buy the cowl luxe shirt too (it's the one without the kangaroo pocket) in black but may go back for the beach rock.  I'll probably wear the shell and blue water skirts with a white or black shirt.  I didn't think I'd go head to toe color with the pink and blue.  I've bought a lot this morning, prices on so many things are unbelievable good! 

Valued Contributor

Yayyy a BD sale! What is everyone purchasing? I picked up more henleys since I bought one and love it. I also purchased the tie front pullover in peach decided to try this color. I hope it works.
Contributor

I bought the new Luxe drape neck top in all the colors.  I love it!  Incredibly flattering and soft fabric.  I got some more of the pants in the same fabric.  I bought one of the skirts, but I'm kind of iffy on it.  I did get adjustments on some of the things I had bought last week.