Honored Contributor

When i was in school my Mom made me wear knee socks and boots to school in the winter then I would take them off when I got to school and have on stockings and shoes. I can't possibly imagine a skirt and bare legs in the winter. 

Respected Contributor

Never!

Respected Contributor

Never, even in winter down in southwest Florida. Cold weather means my leather pants and if it's a skirt my tallest boots. Hate my legs being cold. 

Honored Contributor

OK.  Hose look like bare legs (if they are good ones) and don't really keep you warm in freezing weather, so go bare legged if you like.

Tights always will look like little girl legs to me.  Unless it is VERY casual, I don't see them as grown up wear.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh gosh! No bare legs for me in the winter.....I look forward to wearing my textured tights and solid tights. No panty hose for me hate the feeling of them altogether. It had to be a man who invented panty hose LOl. They are awful [for me].Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Oh gosh! No bare legs for me in the winter.....I look forward to wearing my textured tights and solid tights. No panty hose for me hate the feeling of them altogether. It had to be a man who invented panty hose LOl. They are awful [for me].Woman Frustrated

Pantyhose were a great invention.  Before that, you had to wear a girdle or garder belt to keep your hose up and boy, it was uncomfortable.  

Tights ARE pantyhose, just a heavier weight than sheer hose.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bare legs in winter?!

[ Edited ]

I wear tights almost daily and I can assure you, they aren't little girl wear.   Tights can be thick, dark and very opaque or they can be sheerer and show skin.   What is little girl wear about these from DKNY?

DKNY Opaque Coverage Tights

Honored Contributor

Re: Bare legs in winter?!

[ Edited ]

The other day/night Jacque was on with a very short dress, and was bare legged and her legs looked so white, I cannot believe her stylist of whoever dresses them let her go out with tights!

Respected Contributor

If you have a nice tan and good legs why the heck not!  To each their own.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what fashion guru decided to dictate to us all that we are to be barelegged in all weather when wearing a dress but I'm sure he is a sadist. When we lived up north , to be honest, I rarely wore a dress in the winter but if I did it was probably a dressy occasion and I wold wear hose. Now, living in florida I can go bare legged all year and on those rare days it is too cold I wear long pants.I was fortunate to work a job where we wore scrubs so - long pants and socks with walking shoes. When it was very cold I wore those 1980's knit leg warmers under my scrubs to wait for the bus.