Honored Contributor

Did you know it's Barbie's 60th anniversary?

And that she has an Instagram account? (Just search for Barbie Instagram)

Very cute pictures.  Barbie has had a multitude of careers and jobs (not to mention outfits), but I sometimes wish there were a Barbie that reflected her age.  (Clearly, I understand that configuration would not be popular with little girls.)

For those who like Barbie with a twist, you may remember "hipster Barbie," who used to have an Instagram account (as posted by an individual, not Mattel).  As fun as it was, it closed a few years ago.  Pics are still around, though.

Hipster Barbie 

Hipster Barbie (2).jpgImage result for hipster barbie

Barbie on Instagram

Image result for barbie flowers instagram

Image result for barbie instagram

Image result for barbie instagram

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barbie - 60th Anniversary

I still have my original Barbie from 1959 in its original box.  The price tag is $2.99.

She sure has evolved over the years!

Honored Contributor

Do you remember when we had one Barbie and we changed her CLOTHES? I used to tell DD about that - she couldn't relate! I was lucky. My teenage babysitter liked to make Barbie clothes and my Barbie and I had a lot of them. My mom gave my Barbies, Ken, Midge, and Skipper, my case and my house and car all away to a lucky little girl when I was at college. She didn't ask me, but I wasn't too upset - back THEN at least! Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Barbie dolls and still do. My best friend and I played with them (secretly because we were getting up in age lol) probably until 6th grade.  I love looking at the designer Barbies and have been  tempted to buy a few.  Neither my daughter nor granddaughter are huge fans to my dismay. I still have my dolls, clothes and accessories.  They are still amazing....a camera that has pictures when you look into it, a tv, etc....they are all made so well.  Some are metal instead of the plastic it would be today.  I have many fond memories of carrying my huge cases up the steep hill to my friend's house.  Hours and hours of imaginary play.  We were able to entertain ourselves without ipads or tablets.  Imagine that!!!

Valued Contributor

@twinsister , I bet it's worth a lot more than $2.99 today.  Have you ever looked into it?  Did you ever play with it?

Respected Contributor

I still have my Barbie from when I was a kid. I figured out she is a 2nd edition.  She has the blond ponytail, pearl stud earrings and came in the black and white striped swimsuit. 

Respected Contributor

I have my original too but not in the box; I also have the one with the 3 wigs.  And tons of clothes and accessories and the little booklets.  I get them out every couple of years - still love to "play" with them.  My Mom made my Barbie a fake fur coat, muff, and hat embroidered with pearls.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was more of a Davy Crockett coon skin cap kinda tomboy.  Which included my Lone Ranger 6 shooters.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Margot Robbie will be starring as Barbie in an upcoming movie of the same name. Not sure when it will be released but I know it's not animated but live action.

Honored Contributor

https://c.ndtvimg.com/2019-01/v61durhg_barbie-turns-60-afp-650_625x300_02_January_19.jpg